Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Not sold on Cooney on offense , shaky potatoes. I dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't be very nice would it?
didnt say it would be nice, basically said it would be funny...and he could take it.

now if you think hes too thin skinned...thats your words not mine.

1 of you admins needs to go in right now and drop barrels status from All Conference to Shaky Potatoes...so every-time he posts, he/we see it.

he can take it.
Note to self-Don't piss off Kaiser.

Like I said while you guys are busy playing grab ass and kowtowing, this statement can be revisited at the end of the year, only at the end of the year. I don't want internet dorky high fives and told you so nonsense after coney scores 24 versus Colgate. Let's look at the body of work after March and see what he does against the better teams and crunch time

While shaky potatoes are probably good, I grinned more at the side dish of grab ass and kowtowing they were served with :)

I'm not taking any sides in terms of predictions in this post(just having fun!), but before knocking Ithaca's predictions, he wasn't far off other than picking the wrong opponent that started with the letters "Co", for the reactions that would occur afterward :) If shaky potatoes comes to stand for consistency instead of the the streaky games he predicted, I will love them as much as any term on here!(and I'm leaning toward the former, certainly hoping for it!)

Last edited:
While shaky potatoes are probably good, I grinned more at the side dish of grab ass and kowtowing they were served with :)

I'm not taking any sides in terms of predictions in this post(just having fun!), but before knocking Ithaca's predictions, he wasn't far off other than picking the wrong opponent that started with the letters "Co", for the reactions that would occur afterward :) If shaky potatoes comes to stand for consistency instead of the the streaky games he predicted, I will love them as much as any term on here!(and I'm leaning toward the former, certainly hoping for it!)
the difference is the Colgate reference was based on the idea that the points would come in a non-competitive game against an overmatched opponent. In the end, the game was a comfortable win, but only because Cooney came through when the team was in deep trouble. I say he was downright clutch tonight, and this performance counts as much as going 3 for 5 against UNC would

Last edited:
speaking of beer, I tried a new one (new to me) a few weeks ago, Hitachino Nest, a Japanese white ale. Very nice, but pricy - they go for about 6 bucks for a single 12 ounce bottle. but that ain't the half of it. I was dining at a sushi restaurant the other night and noticed they have it on their cocktail menu - $25 for 20 ounces!

the difference is the Colgate reference was based on the idea that the points would come in a non-competitive game against an overmatched opponent. In the end, the game was a comfortable win, but only because Cooney came through when the team was in deep trouble. I say he was downright clutch tonight, and this performance counts as much as going 3 for 5 against UNC would

Like I said, I was just in a fun-having mood, not being too serious...but isnt a 25 point underdog without one of their key players considered overmatched? Time will tell on all of this. I hope as much as anyone that his performance tonight is closer to what's to be expected than the exception. Either way, Trevor deserves a major salute from us for this performance. ...as for beer being priced that highly, was it a Japanese strip-sushi bar or something?

Last edited:
I can take it, like I said I could light up Cornell.. BFD. Mookie looked great versus Iona too. Time will tell. People high fiving because he can score versus cornell! that I find hilarious. It's the same as going 3 for 5 versus UNC? What. Kid played great tonight versus CORNELL. Sonny spears would too.

Call me when the season starts...

I love the shaky potatoes btw!!! Very sweet. Good name for a horse.

Last edited:
I can take it, like I said I could light up Cornell.. BFD. Mookie looked great versus Iona too. Time will tell. People high fiving because he can score versus cornell! that I find hilarious. It's the same as going 3 for 5 versus UNC? What. Kid played great tonight versus CORNELL. Sonny spears would too.

Call me when the season starts...

I love the shaky potatoes btw!!! Very sweet. Good name for a horse.
7/8 would be an incredible percentage against a YMCA team.

7/8 would be an incredible percentage against a YMCA team.

I went 6 of 7 versus Fowler in 91... Yet I'm here typing on my IPAD like a loser, it's not really that big of a deal. as I said yesterday lets see what happens versus real teams when he has guys in his face and be turns it over a few times and starts 1-5 behind the arc. I knew he would go off versus some scrub team and people would get all geeked out about it. It's a long season fellas, I'm actually really enjoying this, will be a fun season.

Sincerely the shake master

I went 6 of 7 versus Fowler in 91... Yet I'm here typing on my IPAD like a loser

Like? ;)

Interesting that you're sticking to your guns here. This will be an interesting board debate all year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I went 6 of 7 versus Fowler in 91... Yet I'm here typing on my IPAD like a loser, it's not really that big of a deal. as I said yesterday lets see what happens versus real teams when he has guys in his face and be turns it over a few times and starts 1-5 behind the arc. I knew he would go off versus some scrub team and people would get all geeked out about it. It's a long season fellas, I'm actually really enjoying this, will be a fun season.

Sincerely the shake master
I like my potatoes mashed!
image.jpg

Didn't IthacaBarrel make a similar statement about Andy Rautins heading into his junior or senior year? We all remember how that turned out. We have quite the Nostradamus on our hands.
Idk about the Rautins prediction, but IB did announce, during Nassib's junior year, that Ryan was the "worst" QB in SU history. :crazy:

Like? ;)

Interesting that you're sticking to your guns here. This will be an interesting board debate all year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using 2

I will admit if I am wrong but playing well versus Cornell is like playing well versus Wagner... It's a long season.

Didn't IthacaBarrel make a similar statement about Andy Rautins heading into his junior or senior year? We all remember how that turned out. We have quite the Nostradamus on our hands.

No, I said Rautins would be a solid contributor after a couple years and he was. Most here questioned the scholarship. Don't put words in my mouth

Also said Deion would be nba first rounder and was mocked for that

He was also a co-conductor of the "Nassib is the worst QB in SU history" train.

I have to say that I have not stopped using the term "shaky potatoes". My girlfriend will probably kill me by the end of the day. Thanks....

I'm laughing so hard right now just looking at IthacaBarrel's new designation of "Shaky Potatoes" every time he posts - and yet, if I were to ever try to explain what I find so funny to anyone else (non-board member), they'd probably lock me up in a mental institution...

I'm laughing so hard right now just looking at IthacaBarrel's new designation of "Shaky Potatoes" every time he posts - and yet, if I were to ever try to explain what I find so funny to anyone else (non-board member), they'd probably lock me up in a mental institution...
well, if Shaky Potatoes ever wins the Derby, the board needs to get a cut of Barrels winnings.

Sometimes, when you pick up your gun, aim at your target and fire, the gun backfires and serious injury occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom