Not this $#@! again | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Not this $#@! again

You seem like you're pretty plugged in to B1G affairs. Should the B1G go to 18 or 20, is SU in consideration?

From what I gather, the Big Ten now believes it will have to act in two phases:

Phase one: expand to 15 or 16 to rattle the ACC. That might be Georgia Tech or Virginia. If the Carolina schools stay committed, the Big Ten could consider Connecticut to take away the only remaining safety net the ACC has to maintain stability.

Phase two: assuming the SEC or Big 12 then get in on the act and ACC schools begin seriously looking at moving, the Big Ten could try to land any combination of North Carolina, Duke, BC and Notre Dame. Syracuse could be a factor if it means landing Notre Dame (IMO).

If these rumors of Georgia Tech are true, though, I do think this means the Big Ten is not stopping at 16 if they get their wish.

Isn't that a conflicting statement?
No, because if ND joins the B1G the ACC will get destroyed or if Texas/Oklahoma head West the Big XII will blow up.

Phase one: expand to 15 or 16 to rattle the ACC. That might be Georgia Tech or Virginia. If the Carolina schools stay committed, the Big Ten could consider Connecticut to take away the only remaining safety net the ACC has to maintain stability.

Phase two: assuming the SEC or Big 12 then get in on the act and ACC schools begin seriously looking at moving, the Big Ten could try to land any combination of North Carolina, Duke, BC and Notre Dame. Syracuse could be a factor if it means landing Notre Dame (IMO).

If these rumors of Georgia Tech are true, though, I do think this means the Big Ten is not stopping at 16 if they get their wish.

So the Big 10's primary goal is to destroy the ACC because ND went there as a partial member?

Revenge sounds like a sane rationale for expansion. This should all work out well in the end for them.

So the Big 10's primary goal is to destroy the ACC because ND went there as a partial member?

Revenge sounds like a sane rationale for expansion. This should all work out well in the end for them.

Most definitely not. The Big Ten always planned on expanding to 16(ish).

But previously, it hoped to do so with Notre Dame and a less-is-more approach if it could first hit the home runs. All Notre Dame to the ACC did is changed how they would fill the spots.

This isn't about revenge (though I think it's a byproduct in the Big Ten's eyes). This is about expanding their footprint which has been the conference's No. 1-goal since they announced expansion plans in December 2009. All the Notre Dame decision did is changed how they need to go about getting there.

Exactly. GTech would have nothing to do with ND. Just opens up the VA/NC play. Not that ND wouldn't be considered. But taking GTech would only leave you one spot to get 16, therefore it would have to mean they're going beyond 16. GTech would also open up secondary options. Like Florida.

5 whole tweets?
They may be the same people that used to run a hoops blog by that name. It appears to have gone belly up after the 2009-10 season. Then again, it could just be someone else using that name.

Well now... that's a fun read.

The Deacon Report@TheDeaconReport
Clarifying, ACC KU talks are preliminary. B1G talks w Georgia Tech are advanced. Syracuse talks early but real (think contiguous states)

Expand Collapse

40mThe Deacon Report@TheDeaconReport
Full report coming,but told B1G in hard pursuit of GT & Syracuse-ACC,not B1G lking at Kansas for quick response.
#neverends

From none other than:
"The Deacon Report, your authoritative source on all things related to the Demon Deacons and its sports program straight from the source"

Well that makes it official I guess: The "Deacon Report" has "authoritatively spoken.

Now he's asking Thamel directly via twitter if he's hearing the same thing.

This is so exciting!

(I just threw up).

Clarifying, ACC KU talks are preliminary. B1G talks w Georgia Tech are advanced. Syracuse talks early but real (think contiguous states)

Expand Collapse

40mThe Deacon Report@TheDeaconReport
Full report coming,but told B1G in hard pursuit of GT & Syracuse-ACC,not B1G lking at Kansas for quick response.
#neverends

From none other than:
"The Deacon Report, your authoritative source on all things related to the Demon Deacons and its sports program straight from the source"

Well that makes it official I guess: The "Deacon Report" has "authoritatively spoken.

Someone wants SU's ACC offer rescinded.

Wow, the rumor mill really has come full circle now that Syr is involved.

Without any defections, I really like the ACC still.

I have no idea if any of this stuff is true or not, and most likely a lot of it is fabrication. However, I do not for a fact that the B10 and ACC courted SU during the expansion Armageddon of 2009-2010.

If the B1G were to take SU and GTech then I guess that means we can keep our Atlanta recruiting office open! So that's a plus!

Didn't I say somebody needs to be a DudeofSU lol. Would that person be stupid enough to use a SU handle??????????????

I have no idea if any of this stuff is true or not, and most likely a lot of it is fabrication. However, I do not for a fact that the B10 and ACC courted SU during the expansion Armageddon of 2009-2010.

Yep. We were in convos with both at different times and were right up to the ACC offer. Whether we would ever be invited by the B10 is up for debate, but those who always called bull when the B10 convos were mentioned, were wrong.

@GSwaim had 1/3 right. Swofford floored by Syracuse reversal 1 day after pushing for Ville. KU being considered all along, hand forced.

It must be true if it's on the Internet.

Can we all stop with the SU to B1G please - that Deacon report just lost all credibility to me with the latest about SU.

KU makes a lot of sense though.

@GSwaim had 1/3 right. Swofford floored by Syracuse reversal 1 day after pushing for Ville. KU being considered all along, hand forced.
This guy's first tweet ever was an hour ago. He has a total of 8 tweets (ever). And he has 2 followers--one WF fan and one SU fan named Rich Roberts (@cusequi).

Not really giving this guy much stock.

This guy's first tweet ever was an hour ago. He has a total of 8 tweets (ever). And he has 2 followers--one WF fan and one SU fan named Rich Roberts (@cusequi).

Not really giving this guy much stock.

Me neither.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom