NYT does Calipari | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NYT does Calipari

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he's a great salesman. However, as an outsider who never benefitted from Cal in any way (OK, I'm from Massachusetts so we got some good basketball out of it) that he acts more in the interests of his players than the NCAA does. Does he benefit from this? Absolutely, he probably wouldn't do it otherwise. But I still think that among his faults, not looking out for his players isn't one of them.

Every coach acts more in the interest of his players than the NCAA does. The NCAA does everything in their power to keep money out of their pockets. It is not a very high standard for a coach to achieve to go above that.

I'm sorry but I just think your opinion sounds like a talking point meme. If we dig deep on it we'll see that it doesn't make him special or doesn't make anything else going on around him right.

Every coach acts more in the interest of his players than the NCAA does. The NCAA does everything in their power to keep money out of their pockets. It is not a very high standard for a coach to achieve to go above that.

I'm sorry but I just think your opinion sounds like a talking point meme. If we dig deep on it we'll see that it doesn't make him special or doesn't make anything else going on around him right.
fair enough...I was originally responding to the picture that of Cal that had him sarcastically saying it was about the kids and the community. I only meant that I feel he has served his kids well.

If I'm not allowed to have any speculation, then I'm afraid we have very little to talk about. I'd also suggest this thread and every thread on this forum be closed. Too much speculation.

I didn't say that. Speculate away. But that and hypothetical NCAA investigations don't do much to sway me.

Link?

Don't worry Doc that link is coming any day now. Weedsport knows about the $200 K payment to the Unibrow but the NCAA doesn't know anything about it. And they passed on checking out the Dajuan Coleman house offer, too. Lol

Nah I got more but you ain't worth the time and effort. however in closing you can use thsee as your Avatars to help with the blinders you have on-
View attachment 39238
2512d3bb6978b245c4f004d595fac50a.jpg

Very impressive. Now go get help with that Calipari obsession. I'm afraid your head might explode if UK cuts down the nets.

You're missing my point. JB got nailed for something Calipari has skated on. Either JB shouldn't have been or Calipari should be. There are wild inconsistencies.

What's most alarming in the statement about the players being on academic probation is how hard Calipari fought for control to be within the athletic department. Why do that if your players are taking care of business? Here's why. They weren't, he knew it, and he was going to make sure they played despite it.

I know none of this will change your mind. You're too in love with him for that to happen.

Not in love at all. Just get tired of the little girl whining about UK. He pays his players blah blah blah. As for JB and Cal I can't see how he should get the heat for Camby and Rose. The academics? Possibly but then again you're taking everything written in that article at face value when it is clearly slanted.

Nothing, just like nothing was implicated on JB. We agree on this. That was my point.

The difference is Cal has never been directly affected by any sanction because he leaves before the hammer comes down.

So why crap on one guy because one dude got a bad break? I think everybody can agree, probably Cal included, that JB was thrown under the NCAA bus and it wasn't right. Doesn't mean to walk all over somebody else.

Not in love at all. Just get tired of the little girl whining about UK. He pays his players blah blah blah. As for JB and Cal I can't see how he should get the heat for Camby and Rose. The academics? Possibly but then again you're taking everything written in that article at face value when it is clearly slanted.
I'm trying to decide if you're...
a) Naive
b) Being intentionally obtuse in a devil's-advocate sort of way
c) A Kentucky troll
d) Just completely full of sh__

a) Naive
c) A Kentucky troll

On the flip side, some people will believe everything negative because he's John Calipari And he's a CHEATER.

I find it really strange how many Kentucky 'fanboys' we have on syracusefan.
:eat popcorn:
LGO!

Calling out stupidity and liars isn't a fanboy Tee, come'on man..

Sorry I thought you and BPO57 knew how to use a search engine. There are more out there if you search, even though they deny it.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-schools-to-pay-for-commitment/1#.VRSQe_nF9qU

It was rhetorical. I'm familiar with the story. The basis of which, is "sources" with out anything more substantial to back it up.

How would that fly, if a similar story was written about one of our players. That reporter would get shredded, and rightfully so. It's piss poor reporting.

...but people eat it up because OMG Calipari cheats.

http://www.businessinsider.com/syracuse-betting-point-shaving-2011-2

It's funny how blatant BS can be posted on the internet or in print. There is about as much proof of Anthony Davis being paid as there is to Scoop and company shaving points.

Do you think the Davis's are really that dumb to risk the Brow's college career when they know he is the number one pick the next season and millions and millions of dollars waiting? It's sad people actually believe this crap.

Calling out stupidity and liars isn't a fanboy Tee, come'on man..

2-3 that was partially a dig at me cuz I called Tee a fanboy a couple of weeks ago on the recruiting board. I have to say I respect Tee's memory.

a) Naive
c) A Kentucky troll

Let's try:

e) interested in facts and not Homer/Hater BS.

I haven't seen anybody here effectively explain why Calipari shoud get the blame for Camby and Rose. Hell if JB were in that spot people here would be coming out of the woodwork to defend JB.

Because why? Because you have super duper sources that know it to be true? lol.

Believe it because it helps deflect from the current situation that SU finds itself in by our own misdeeds. It's comically, that some SU fans are pointing fingers at anyone give our programs history of proven and admitted violations.

You would think that people would learn from last year as some off these same posters called UConn irrelevant last tourney and then they went on to cut down the nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.