OCC Basketball coach suspended for what? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OCC Basketball coach suspended for what?

I've known Dave for 25 + years and he's a great guy. I know how much he enjoyed coaching at OCC. I hope things work out for him.

Fire a 15 years guy in midseason at Christmastime for unspecified "misconduct". Nice.

"retrench": a cutting down or off, as by the reduction of expenses. (Dictionary.com)

It's more like they dug a trench and threw him in it.

Fire a 15 years guy in midseason at Christmastime for unspecified "misconduct". Nice.

"retrench": a cutting down or off, as by the reduction of expenses. (Dictionary.com)

It's more like they dug a trench and threw him in it.
Not sure we can commence with the 'Nice' comments until (and if) we know the whole story. Unless you know more than the story states (which is next to nothing). May be warranted, maybe not. Who knows? :noidea:

Not sure we can commence with the 'Nice' comments until (and if) we know the whole story. Unless you know more than the story states (which is next to nothing). May be warranted, maybe not. Who knows? :noidea:

It's hard to think of a unwarranted way for them to fire him over during Christmas. Hell of a time to get canned.

I didn't say "unjustified". For whatever reason, they weren't nice about this.

A Christmas Eve news dump does not give off a good aroma.

Bet it was timed so they could stop paying him at the end of the 1st semester. Tough timing for his family before the holidays. I think the article mentioned he was teaching at OCC besides his coaching job - wonder if he loses that also.

Two African-American players were cut and then claimed the coach was.racist. not sure how the administration came to their conclusions.

th

Fire all the other coaches for not having enough whites, asians, indians, hispanics, eskimos, american indians, arabs, persians and pygmies.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom