Official Syracuse Virginia Tech Game Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Official Syracuse Virginia Tech Game Thread

HCDB will have one through recruiting. He expects a 2,000 rusher. We have a ways to go, but he likes a good running game as well as a good passing game.
That does not mean he will have a tank package. Seems he likes to run in space and not much deep in the redzone.

This offense is going to be so fun in the Dome once we really get it cranking.

There's the fake injury. The other guy the camera intitially zoomed in on was going to do it, and then this guy took the fall instead.

Anything to stop us from rolling. Cannot wait until we just blow the doors off teams. We should be here, if you just run the ball.

we had that package with Ruff in the Colgate game. I thought Bam hinted that Shy was being experimented with as a goal line back.

Regardless, I think that series of plays at the goal line shows what Dino thinks of the OL's ability to get push.

I know it's water under the bridge now, but even with our poor OL the idea that VT could stop 4 consecutive under-center QB sneaks is virtually impossible.

Should we have tried to run? Yes it was poor playcalling.
However it obvious that our biggest weakness is our OL. The coaches don't have confidence they could get a push.
It is obvious the OL is the weakness as Dungey is being coached to look first read and then if it's not open run because the OL can't hold up.

I know it's water under the bridge now, but even with our poor OL the idea that VT could stop 4 consecutive under-center QB sneaks is virtually impossible.
I agree 100%. It felt like we were experimenting with 2 point conversion plays.

Never seen playcalling go from genius to bonehead like this. Sometimes like 1st and goal from the 2 calls for a little meathead...instead of bonehead.

However it obvious that our biggest weakness is our OL. The coaches don't have confidence they could get a push.
It is obvious the OL is the weakness as Dungey is being coached to look first read and then if it's not open run because the OL can't hold up.

At least try once, or load up and do a bootleg with Dungey. Anything but what they did. Dungey is done down, damn.

Dungey is spreading the ball around today, Erv, Ish, AET, and Brisly all have at least 2 catches.

On at least one play in that series, VT put 9 men in the box with single coverage on our 2 WRs, and pretty much dared us to throw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom