Official Virginia game thread? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Official Virginia game thread?

Bayside44 said:
Agreed. I like Tyler fine as a rotation guy, Kaleb really worries me.

Kaleb is the most frustrating player to watch in all my years of following SU.

I didn't expect Ennis, but I didn't expect this either. JB admitted that he's baffled as well.

He needs a big offseason.

Jack Hall said:
Imo both those guys need to come off bench next season

So BJ starts at the 3?

Bayside44 said:
Dont we have a couple of Burger Boys coming in? Grip it and rip it...

One who, dare I say it, doesn't like to hustle.

Get the popcorn ready.

I would really like to see Joseph off the ball more at this point. See if having him play SG a bit loosens him up. He's not a PG at this point, might as well have spent some time building his confidence up - if possible.
I just don't see Joseph playing at this level. I can't name one thing that he does well. Can't shoot, dribble to his left, can't guard, can't pass, and I don't remember the last time he had a steal. He can't play at this level. Name one thing he does well? He may be a great kid, but find me a great kid that can play.

One who, dare I say it, doesn't like to hustle.

Get the popcorn ready.

At Syracuse? Unpossible.

I wonder about JB - his window seems to have closed, why bother?

I just don't see Joseph playing at this level. I can't name one thing that he does well. Can't shoot, dribble to his left, can't guard, can't pass, and I don't remember the last time he had a steal. He can't play at this level. Name one thing he does well? He may be a great kid, but find me a great kid that can play.

Huh, I feel like I said all of this all year and 80% of the people disagreed with me. :) I think he looks like a SG trying to play PG. I doubt he was ready to play SG, so playing PG was a bigger stretch.

I think he'll be useful, just not sure how much as a PG. As a back-up combo guard, I can see that.

So BJ starts at the 3?
I want to see TC, G and Malachi out there. Guys who can space the court and then hopefully McC and Cole or Bryant can do some damage inside. Thats my hope, its all ive got at this point

Jack Hall said:
But if BJ can gain 20 lbs and improve bigtime, sure. We dont need TRob and McC out there at same time imo. JB has said same

If BJ gains 20 pounds by next year, I'll buy you dinner.

If BJ gains 20 pounds by next year, I'll buy you dinner.
Hence why i listed Malachi first, but i just read that Malachi has put on weight and has a college ready body now. Altho i have also read he hasnt been hustling that hard so we shall see

Jack Hall said:
Hence why i listed Malachi first, but i just read that Malachi has put on weight and has a college ready body now. Altho i have also read he hasnt been hustling that hard so we shall see

He looks college ready, but the effort is clearly lacking.

Barring some surprises, I see it this way:

PG Gbinije
SG Cooney
SF Roberson
PF McCullough
C Coleman (or Bryant)

Malachi will get an opportunity to spell Cooney and Roberson, but his defensive flaws will find him on the bench.

PG Gbinije
SG Cooney
SF Roberson
PF McCullough
C Coleman (or Bryant)

Malachi will get an opportunity to spell Cooney and Roberson, but his defensive flaws will find him on the bench.
You may be right but i look at the 3 supposed best teams this year and 2 of the 3 have at least 3 stud freshmen. I really think our recipe for success (w success being defined as contending for FF) next year might be having two key senior leaders in TC and G and then having two impact freshmen in Malachi and Bryant and then McC has to be the real deal. Is that too much to ask ;-)

PG Gbinije
SG Cooney
SF Roberson
PF McCullough
C Coleman (or Bryant)

Roberson is no small forward, hope he can make the transformation in the off season

Jack Hall said:
Roberson is no small forward, hope he can make the transformation in the off season

I just don't see him playing over Chris. JB referred to Roberson as a 6-6 small forward in his presser. Problem is, he has PF game in SF body.

PG Gbinije
SG Cooney
SF Roberson
PF McCullough
C Coleman (or Bryant)

I'm already upset about Malachi's lack of playing time, and he hasn't' even stepped foot on campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom