Ogundeko | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Ishaq is telling him exactly that. It is not all flowers and chocolates at the factories.
Had not seen that story about Kelly/Williams.
We are all doing the "hat" thing again! Remember Ishaq's hats driving us crazy? We are in the ACC and the future is bright regardless of whether or not we get Ebo. I refuse to drive myself nuts again.
I guarantee you there are already players on this team that will develop into stars that will make us forget Ebo or any single recruit.
Keep the faith -restore the pride.

Gentlemen, many of you have said this before. We dont think its over after his announcement on the 24th. I totally agree with that. I will not be upset at all if he chooses ND or FLA. You know why? Because I honestly believe at some point its gonna hit him that he needs to play for NY's college team. Its gonna eat him up. He's gonna want to play for his father Doug Marrone, the father of many NYC players. Anselmo (uncle) will not stop recruiting him throughout the season. Ogundeko will not make or break our program, but he does represent that #1 recruit out of NYS that weve been trying to get the past 8 years. Getting him will truly put the stamp on NYC. So that's why its important to land him. It may be harder keeping his verbal pledge. I almost prefer him to pledge somewhere else and have him change his mind later in the process. He seems to change his mind alot. I understand, he's 16 years old. Let him have his fun with all the reporters and enjoy the process. If we get him great, if we dont, its not going to hurt us. I think we are gradually improving our front 7. In a couple of years we will be bigger and more athletic with or without him

I fear the day EO chooses SU, then flips. Complete board meltdown.

The good news is that we are in another battle for a huge recruit. That says alot about Marrone & Co. We'll eventually land one.

True and not denying that.

But, is the injury risk greater if:

A) You are the team's starting DE, get all the 1 vs 1 reps and play the majority of reps in each game

or

B) You are the backup DE, getting some practice reps and getting 1 or 2 snaps in a game

Now, all this would assume he gets lost in the shuffle at a factory vs. starting here. Which may not be the case.
C) You play on special teams where collisions occur with everyone running at full speed and, therefore, are much more violent.

I fear the day EO chooses SU, then flips. Complete board meltdown.

The good news is that we are in another battle for a huge recruit. That says alot about Marrone & Co. We'll eventually land one.
We have been in "battles" for huge recruits before. The real news is whether we win those "battles"!If we win the news won't be buried next to the horse racing information in the sports page obituary section.:blah:

So Eb is visiting Syracuse on July 16th but not announcing until the 24th. Grabbing at straws but I thought it was odd that he is announcing after staff would be returning from ACC Media Days.

ACC: July 22-23 Greensboro, NC 2012 Media days

Hes going for two effects ... one let the SU staff celebrate at home ... and two ... serve notice to the Clemson coaches live that he is going out for revenge when the Cuse moves to the ACC next year :)

How about he is just a kid and does not think past about one hour from now?

Maybe the heat has fried my brain, two weeks of 90s will do that, but I look at this whole thing from another angle.

Just because Eb is a high priority for Syracuse it doesn't mean the same is true for ND or FL. Just like Syracuse has prospects sitting and waiting until Eb and Gus decide you don't think the same is true for ND and FL? At least 3 kids are announcing at The Opening, if he is so sure where he is going why not announce there too in front of all that media and maximum attention? Is it possible his offers from ND and FL are conditional on who else verbals or has verbaled?

How about he is just a kid and does not think past about one hour from now?
I agree i was the same way must have flipped about 5 times before i knew what i wanted. My Daughter was the same way it goes with the territory. Regardless of the school that he picks i hope that he does well. I truly think that he would be happy at Syracuse and have a very good chance to play as a RS Frosh. Looking at Florida and ND he is going to have a heck of a battle on his hands for playing time.

some here are way over emotional than E.O. is on his school choice,and it's his life.Thank God I don't fret over beer this way

Maybe the heat has fried my brain, two weeks of 90s will do that, but I look at this whole thing from another angle.

Just because Eb is a high priority for Syracuse it doesn't mean the same is true for ND or FL. Just like Syracuse has prospects sitting and waiting until Eb and Gus decide you don't think the same is true for ND and FL? At least 3 kids are announcing at The Opening, if he is so sure where he is going why not announce there too in front of all that media and maximum attention? Is it possible his offers from ND and FL are conditional on who else verbals or has verbaled?

I think you are correct with this...EO is a bigger priority for us and I'm pretty sure we are letting him know this...I'm not sure if he has an offer that he can commit to YET with ND and FL.

I think you are correct with this...EO is a bigger priority for us and I'm pretty sure we are letting him know this...I'm not sure if he has an offer that he can commit to YET with ND and FL.

Thanks. Now I know my brain has survived the heat and I'm not quite dead yet.:)

Which could very well be true however I think the fact of the matter is this time around he sticks with his verbal, I think the UConn thing was a knee jerk reaction and he didn't realize what type of attention he would be getting moving forward ... he is taking his time and he will do it right this time around. I hope he chooses Cuse but I wish him the best of luck no matter where he goes ... whether at SU or UF or ND he needs to succeed, it will only help NY football in the long run ... when J Jones, I Williams, EO, Easley ... etc play well it bodes well for NYS football in general.

There are stories that he tried to commit at his ND visit but they told him not too, they still have bigger offers out.

There are stories that he tried to commit at his ND visit but they told him not too, they still have bigger offers out.

Ironically enough that is something Marrone has done in the past ... told kids to hold off on commitments and make sure that is what they want. I hope it comes back to bite ND ... probably won't but here's to hoping :)

And one of those is Anzalone. It will be interesting who he picks today.

Bruce Irvin was one of the best pass rushers in all of the NCAA last season ... hardly a "rotation" player. And the original poster has a point to some degree ... I still think a guy lost in the shuffle could be drafted but it is far easier for a guy to get lost in the shuffle at a factory. It goes back to the idea that NY HS football players are behind in the development curve and need to sit a season or two to catch up ... that is not off base at all. Which makes a school like SU ideal because if you are an elite NY level athlete you can afford to sit a year or two at SU and your odds of being recruited over aren't nearly as high as they are at ND or UF ... I mean look at ND ... last year they had Lynch and I Williams ... they are now reloading again ... granted Lynch left and part of that is the playing time aspect ... he wanted to be closer to home and to play earlier ... it happens.

As for Jones he might see the field but at LSU, Bama, USC, UF, FSU and South Carolina for starters he doesn't see the field as much he does at SU .. just because he was a first round selection doesn't predicate he would be on the field ahead of some of the guys he would be competing with ... Javedeon Clowney is as developed as a frosh as Jones was as a red shirt junior ... I am not knocking Jones ... he is a damn good athlete and he made the right choice leaving while his stock was up and he was healthy enough to go but another year of collegiate football would have helped him IMHO. I think at times we end up enamored with our players a little too much ... coming into the season all I read about was how Jones and Marinovich were going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses ... honestly the DLine was a big disappointment in the pass rush department ... at least to me it was.

Irvin was one of the best pass rushers. But he was a rotation player (he wasn't an everydown guy - didn't play much on 1st down). It isn't a knock on Irvin. He just wasn't an everydown DE (and there aren't many anymore - though Clowney is 1). Rotations amongst the D-line have become the norm.

But, not one person I have seen discussing EO says he is going to sit for a year at Syracuse. Everyone is saying he would slot right into being a starter. If he sits for a year at Syracuse, people are going to be massively disappointed.

Chandler wouldn't have seen the field as much at those schools you list. But, he would have been in the D-Line rotation. Plus, at those schools he would have gotten a lot more 1 on 1's as opposed to teams designing their blocking schemes to double team him.

That is also why Clowney was the # 1 recruit in his class.

Doesn't matter what school you go to. You will be recruited over if you don't produce. Beaulieu as a 3 star got recruited over. Pretty much every DL player on Syracuse got recruited over this year with the number of JUCO's brought in at that position. Now you also have Wayne Williams and Isaiah Johnson coming in. If you can play, the danger of getting recruited over is zero.

I guess my question is, would Dominique Easley all of a sudden be a NFL guy if he went to Syracuse?

I heard same ...don't know if it's true

I just checked out ND's offer list on scout ... My God they are insane! Its almost like they took the list of 4 & 5 star athletes and just started handing out offers like candy. I hope to God that ND doesn't get what they want and then go pandering to EO but he tells them to go pack sand and picks the Cuse with the express intent purpose of going out there and making anyone who ignored him pay the price.

C) You play on special teams where collisions occur with everyone running at full speed and, therefore, are much more violent.

That is very true. Chalk me up in the category that never understood why Brandon Sharpe played on special teams for the single purpose of running into 3 guys. I understand the wedge buster, but if he is a DE with potential, why expose him to that?

Irvin was one of the best pass rushers. But he was a rotation player (he wasn't an everydown guy - didn't play much on 1st down). It isn't a knock on Irvin. He just wasn't an everydown DE (and there aren't many anymore - though Clowney is 1). Rotations amongst the D-line have become the norm.

But, not one person I have seen discussing EO says he is going to sit for a year at Syracuse. Everyone is saying he would slot right into being a starter. If he sits for a year at Syracuse, people are going to be massively disappointed.

Chandler wouldn't have seen the field as much at those schools you list. But, he would have been in the D-Line rotation. Plus, at those schools he would have gotten a lot more 1 on 1's as opposed to teams designing their blocking schemes to double team him.

That is also why Clowney was the # 1 recruit in his class.

Doesn't matter what school you go to. You will be recruited over if you don't produce. Beaulieu as a 3 star got recruited over. Pretty much every DL player on Syracuse got recruited over this year with the number of JUCO's brought in at that position. Now you also have Wayne Williams and Isaiah Johnson coming in. If you can play, the danger of getting recruited over is zero.

I guess my question is, would Dominique Easley all of a sudden be a NFL guy if he went to Syracuse?

I don't think Easley would ... I don't think he has the head for it. Often times when guys that are elite face adversity or a strong challenge they turn it up and notch and work harder ... I don't know Easley has it in him honestly. Not to say he isn't a good player but he went to UF expecting to play over 4 & 5 star athletes as a frosh and nearly quit when he didn't ... maybe my assessment is a bit harsh but it doesn't sound like he has the mental makeup to go to the next level ... maybe he does and I am underestimating him ... which I hope is the case but I'm not sure he has the drive. These guys leaving these NY schools need time to catch up to the elite ball players from the high school football hot beds and if they don't prepare for that possibility and expect to play right away they are in for a rude awakening. Ultimately just like Ishaq they didn't jump into the starting lineup like they expected ... which is why if these elite NYC kids want to see the field year 1 they have a much better shot at SU. Heck as sophmores they have freshmen coming in from FL, CA, TX etc that are just as developed as they are and a year younger .. they are at a disadvantage at a lot of these programs for that reason ... SU isn't constantly grabbing 4 star athletes at every position so it is less likely there. Frankly Beaulieu didn't get recruited over ... he just never met his potential ... its not like we had 4 star guys lining up to surpass him ... we had established starters in place since he's been there and he has yet to over whealm his peer group ... screams underachieving to me ... not being recruited over ...

That is very true. Chalk me up in the category that never understood why Brandon Sharpe played on special teams for the single purpose of running into 3 guys. I understand the wedge buster, but if he is a DE with potential, why expose him to that?

Depth has been an issue the last 4 years ... I think that is the reason in a nutshell ... if we had 85 scholarship athletes you can afford to keep a frosh isolated and let him blossom ... with only 60 those first couple years that is a tough thing to do ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom