Ogundeko | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm sick of these kids playing with the coaching staff and the fans through the media. Its seems the last few years we have seen too much of these creeps. Maybe thats a good sign in tyhe long run. As far as Enezer "BahHumbug"! Go to Notre Dame and .:confused:

Through the media? These kids aren't getting 24/7 Lebron/Tebow coverage on ESPN. You actually have to go pretty far out of your way to find out what any of these kids are saying and/or tweeting.

If it gets you that bent out of shape it may be better to just not read/listen to every little thing recruits say.

I personally think its Cuse. If he already knows where he's going, what's the point of visiting Cuse a week before he decides. If family and friends as as important to him as it sounds, that's the logical choice. Plus, we're due.

I think the whole point of his visit is to cement his decision.

I was not an athlete and flipped between three schools before I chose one. I still transferred twice before I found the right place. I never criticize a young person for being unsure of where they want to go to school.

If i were one of these kids i would pick a school with good academics first of all and Su FL and ND are all fine. After that i would pick the school that i had the best chance at playing at. I believe that there are a ton of kids at premier schools that never get a chance. At florida he might not play at all. At ND he is in for the battle of his life. At SU he will play. If you dont play you dont make the league. At FL or ND if you are not good right out of the box a kid ahead of you or in your class or in the next class is going to play and you are cooked. It doesnt matter that you might get better, bigger, smarter If you dont make the grade early on there is so much talent coming in you are behind the 8 ball and may never get a chance to become all that you can be. Guys out of NY dont do well in these big factories for a simple reason. They need time. Unless he is all world which he isnt based on his film and competition he is putting himself and his career in jeapordy going to a factory.

If i were one of these kids i would pick a school with good academics first of all and Su FL and ND are all fine. After that i would pick the school that i had the best chance at playing at. I believe that there are a ton of kids at premier schools that never get a chance. At florida he might not play at all. At ND he is in for the battle of his life. At SU he will play. If you dont play you dont make the league. At FL or ND if you are not good right out of the box a kid ahead of you or in your class or in the next class is going to play and you are cooked. It doesnt matter that you might get better, bigger, smarter If you dont make the grade early on there is so much talent coming in you are behind the 8 ball and may never get a chance to become all that you can be. Guys out of NY dont do well in these big factories for a simple reason. They need time. Unless he is all world which he isnt based on his film and competition he is putting himself and his career in jeapordy going to a factory.

Hopefully Ishaq is telling him exactly that. It is not all flowers and chocolates at the factories.
LB Ishaq Williams: Kelly revealed that Williams went home to Brooklyn, N.Y., for a few days in the winter to think about his future. He has apparently come back with a new focus, as the rising sophomore had a strong spring, filling in for the injured Prince Shembo at the cat position and coming up with a pick and a fumble recovery in the spring game.

I played college bball. I picked a school that was very good but one that wasnt off the chart and by my second year i was playing. I was thin coming into college. about 165 by my sophomore year i was 180 quicker and a much better player. I had a great time and played. If i had gone to a factory i would have never seen any time. I often wonder how a kid like Mook would have done at St Bonny, Maine, Richmond, Vermont... I bet he would have played and played well. In my opinion Syracuse is like that for these NYC kids and for that matter any kid who needs time to develope. Any kid from NY is behind in a big way. The coaching is behind they didnt start playing until later in life , the facilities are sub par, the competition is sub par, and they have a very short season. In short they need time. I predict that if this kid doesnt come to SU he doesnt play much at all. Sure he is a talent but he is raw very raw and he is going to be creamed at ND or FL count on it as he just isnt ready and if you dont start for these schools by the time you are a soph forget about it.

I played college bball. I picked a school that was very good but one that wasnt off the chart and by my second year i was playing. I was thin coming into college. about 165 by my sophomore year i was 180 quicker and a much better player. I had a great time and played. If i had gone to a factory i would have never seen any time. I often wonder how a kid like Mook would have done at St Bonny, Maine, Richmond, Vermont... I bet he would have played and played well. In my opinion Syracuse is like that for these NYC kids and for that matter any kid who needs time to develope. Any kid from NY is behind in a big way. The coaching is behind they didnt start playing until later in life , the facilities are sub par, the competition is sub par, and they have a very short season. In short they need time. I predict that if this kid doesnt come to SU he doesnt play much at all. Sure he is a talent but he is raw very raw and he is going to be creamed at ND or FL count on it as he just isnt ready and if you dont start for these schools by the time you are a soph forget about it.
Gotta disagree about the nyc bball players not coming ready to play in college, fits on the football front but not bball.

Gotta disagree about the nyc bball players not coming ready to play in college, fits on the football front but not bball.
Read my post again im talking about football players from NYC not bball Geez you think......

Read my post again im talking about football players from NYC not bball Geez you think......
Maybe you should lol, you mentioned mookie and how he would of done at a lesser school Because he needed time to develop.

If you dont play you dont make the league.

There is also the argument that if you aren't good enough to play for Notre Dame or Florida, you aren't good enough to play in the league anyways. And D-Line is different from other positions because there is a movement towards rotations. If you can't crack a rotation at a factory by your junior year, you can't play in the league anyways.

Just because you play right away as a frosh means nothing (Brandon Sharpe).

All these kids getting recruited by D-1 schools think they have the talent to make the league. Whatever obstacles stand in front of them (depth chart, etc), they think they will overcome. And overcome easily.

By your rationale, if you were a stud recruit, you would play in the Sun Belt. Because you truly are a big fish in a small pond and will be revered on that campus.

There is also the argument that if you aren't good enough to play for Notre Dame or Florida, you aren't good enough to play in the league anyways. And D-Line is different from other positions because there is a movement towards rotations. If you can't crack a rotation at a factory by your junior year, you can't play in the league anyways.

Just because you play right away as a frosh means nothing (Brandon Sharpe).

All these kids getting recruited by D-1 schools think they have the talent to make the league. Whatever obstacles stand in front of them (depth chart, etc), they think they will overcome. And overcome easily.

By your rationale, if you were a stud recruit, you would play in the Sun Belt. Because you truly are a big fish in a small pond and will be revered on that campus.

Explain that to Chandler Jones ... he wasn't recruited by Florida or ND ... and he is now a 1st Round Draft pick ... If you are good enough to play pro ball they will find you whether you ride pine or play from day 1 ... Matt Cassell was selected by NE and turned into a good QB at the NFL level and he never saw the field at USC ... if you are good enough your combine measurables will get you there ... sometimes all it takes is a good senior day or combine and your stock elevates ...Mike Mamula is a prime example of this ... he was good at BC but not 1st round good ... one workout later and teams are tripping over themselves to draft him in the first round.

btw ... concussions / injury have slowed down Brandon Sharpe -- he is good

Explain that to Chandler Jones ... he wasn't recruited by Florida or ND ... and he is now a 1st Round Draft pick ... and had he gone to one of those other schools chances are he doesn't see the field early or often and isn't discovered by the league. If you are good enough to play pro ball they will find you whether you ride pine or play from day 1 ... Matt Cassell was selected by NE and turned into a good QB at the NFL level and he never saw the field at USC ... if you are good enough your combine measurables will get you there ... sometimes all it takes is a good senior day or combine and your stock elevates ...Mike Mamula is a prime example of this ... he was good at BC but not 1st round good ... one workout later and teams are tripping over themselves to draft him in the first round.

Whether you are recruited by the factories or not is erroneous. The factories didn't recruit Chandler because he was a guy who needed a lot of development and wasn't a fit for them with their time frame.

Do you not think Chandler Jones was good enough to play for a factory as a junior? If you think he was, then the part of the argument you are citing is incorrect. I am merely saying that if your good enough to play for a NFL team in your draft year, you can atleast be in the rotation at 99 % of the schools playing D-1 football (whether they are factories or not).

And that is part of what I am saying in regards to they will find you. Whether you ride the pine at Florida as a DE or start at Syracuse, you could get drafted. Your talent will determine it.

btw ... concussions / injury have slowed down Brandon Sharpe -- he is good

Which is another downside to playing right away as a frosh when your body/mechanics may not quite be ready...

Whether you are recruited by the factories or not is erroneous. The factories didn't recruit Chandler because he was a guy who needed a lot of development and wasn't a fit for them with their time frame.

Do you not think Chandler Jones was good enough to play for a factory as a junior? If you think he was, then the part of the argument you are citing is incorrect. I am merely saying that if your good enough to play for a NFL team in your draft year, you can atleast be in the rotation at 99 % of the schools playing D-1 football (whether they are factories or not).

And that is part of what I am saying in regards to they will find you. Whether you ride the pine at Florida as a DE or start at Syracuse, you could get drafted. Your talent will determine it.

I think there were several factories where Chandler would have been a backup at DE and not a starter and there would be various reasons for it .. you had questioned the rationale of being a big fish in a small pond and playing at a Sun Belt school but yet you agree that no matter where he plays he would be found by the league ... if you truly feel that is the case then there is definitely nothing wrong at all with the big fish small pond approach because you do see the field more often and have the opportunity to put up Tecmo Bowl like numbers ...

Its 9:47 pm and Rutgers still sucks ... sorry couldn't help myself ... we need to set a record for thread length, strip out Cali's comments and then send him an email and tell EO he is the talk of the board ... that will seal the recruiting deal for the Cuse!

I think there were several factories where Chandler would have been a backup at DE and not a starter and there would be various reasons for it .. you had questioned the rationale of being a big fish in a small pond and playing at a Sun Belt school but yet you agree that no matter where he plays he would be found by the league ... if you truly feel that is the case then there is definitely nothing wrong at all with the big fish small pond approach because you do see the field more often and have the opportunity to put up Tecmo Bowl like numbers ...

What factories would Chandler Jones had not been in the rotation as a junior?* That is where D-Line is different. I mean, the Seahawks took a rotation guy from West Virginia in the 1st round.

*(Yes, the assumptions are he would be the same player at Cuse as he would be at one of these schools. There is no way to accurately know how good Chandler would be anywhere else. Just like there will be no way to say EO had made a wrong decision until the decision has bore itself out)

Never said there was anything wrong with the approach. Just that if you think that approach helps you in the eyes of pro scouts, it couldn't make any sort of difference.

Everyone is saying that he should come to Syracuse because he may be lost in the shuffle at a factory. He could be. He also could play right away. Just like he could come here and start. Or he could get lost in the shuffle here (Beaulieu for example).

Everyone is different. I brought up the Sun Belt b/c the original poster made it sound like EO would be lost at a factory because he isn't "all world". That the fact he wouldn't play right away would mean he gets lost in the shuffle and his career is in jeopardy.

injuries happen to frosh / soph at factories too

True and not denying that.

But, is the injury risk greater if:

A) You are the team's starting DE, get all the 1 vs 1 reps and play the majority of reps in each game

or

B) You are the backup DE, getting some practice reps and getting 1 or 2 snaps in a game

Now, all this would assume he gets lost in the shuffle at a factory vs. starting here. Which may not be the case.

What factories would Chandler Jones had not been in the rotation as a junior?* That is where D-Line is different. I mean, the Seahawks took a rotation guy from West Virginia in the 1st round.

*(Yes, the assumptions are he would be the same player at Cuse as he would be at one of these schools. There is no way to accurately know how good Chandler would be anywhere else. Just like there will be no way to say EO had made a wrong decision until the decision has bore itself out)

Never said there was anything wrong with the approach. Just that if you think that approach helps you in the eyes of pro scouts, it couldn't make any sort of difference.

Everyone is saying that he should come to Syracuse because he may be lost in the shuffle at a factory. He could be. He also could play right away. Just like he could come here and start. Or he could get lost in the shuffle here (Beaulieu for example).

Everyone is different. I brought up the Sun Belt b/c the original poster made it sound like EO would be lost at a factory because he isn't "all world". That the fact he wouldn't play right away would mean he gets lost in the shuffle and his career is in jeopardy.

Bruce Irvin was one of the best pass rushers in all of the NCAA last season ... hardly a "rotation" player. And the original poster has a point to some degree ... I still think a guy lost in the shuffle could be drafted but it is far easier for a guy to get lost in the shuffle at a factory. It goes back to the idea that NY HS football players are behind in the development curve and need to sit a season or two to catch up ... that is not off base at all. Which makes a school like SU ideal because if you are an elite NY level athlete you can afford to sit a year or two at SU and your odds of being recruited over aren't nearly as high as they are at ND or UF ... I mean look at ND ... last year they had Lynch and I Williams ... they are now reloading again ... granted Lynch left and part of that is the playing time aspect ... he wanted to be closer to home and to play earlier ... it happens.

As for Jones he might see the field but at LSU, Bama, USC, UF, FSU and South Carolina for starters he doesn't see the field as much he does at SU .. just because he was a first round selection doesn't predicate he would be on the field ahead of some of the guys he would be competing with ... Javedeon Clowney is as developed as a frosh as Jones was as a red shirt junior ... I am not knocking Jones ... he is a damn good athlete and he made the right choice leaving while his stock was up and he was healthy enough to go but another year of collegiate football would have helped him IMHO. I think at times we end up enamored with our players a little too much ... coming into the season all I read about was how Jones and Marinovich were going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses ... honestly the DLine was a big disappointment in the pass rush department ... at least to me it was.

Personally I'm sick of these kids playing with the coaching staff and the fans through the media. Its seems the last few years we have seen too much of these creeps. Maybe thats a good sign in tyhe long run. As far as Enezer "BahHumbug"! Go to Notre Dame and .:confused:
Blame Rivals, Scout, Twitter, and other recruiting sites for interviewing these guys every 3 days. They run out of stuff to say and they make the process so much harder on a lot of these kids. If they didn't exist I think you'd see more players succeed in their schools, as I feel there is so much pressure for some of these kids to live up to.

So Eb is visiting Syracuse on July 16th but not announcing until the 24th. Grabbing at straws but I thought it was odd that he is announcing after staff would be returning from ACC Media Days.

ACC: July 22-23 Greensboro, NC 2012 Media days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors