Ogundeko | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully EO is bringing mom along ... right now we got: rain, no Gus, and a twitter push by ND recruits / fans on EO twitter / FB

Time for Jim, Floyd, Doug and Mom to make the big push

edit* I think he has a silent to ND ... this might be courtesy visit (my opinion only)

Mike Farrell has been on the Florida bandwagon regarding EO for a few months now ... certainly seems confident and sticking to his guns regarding the whole EO recruiting process

EO is playing this well. he was chatting via twitter with Florida/ND recruits and fans alike for what seemed like several hours yesterday and he was very into it. I did see a straggler from SU in there a few times.

I do wish SU fans would stop (chatting with potential recruits) due to the potential violation thingy, but when you witness several upon several folks from the other schools doing it without hurting anything, why couldn't they continue? It does seem to perk up the interest from the players for sure, especially EO.

hopefully EO is bringing mom along ... right now we got: rain, no Gus, and a twitter push by ND recruits / fans on EO twitter / FB

Time for Jim, Floyd, Doug and Mom to make the big push

edit* I think he has a silent to ND ... this might be courtesy visit (my opinion only)

I agree. Think he's gone as of now. After his visit, though, who knows.

Edit: Also, if AE isn't visiting, or even just possibly not visiting, think that says EO is pretty set on where he's going. Be it good or bad for SU.

I do wish SU fans would stop (chatting with potential recruits) due to the potential violation thingy, but when you witness several upon several folks from the other schools doing it without hurting anything, why couldn't they continue?

The problem is there is no way to prevent that. Fans will be fans. You can only control what people inside your program say or do, and that doesn't even work alot of the time.

EO is playing this well. he was chatting via twitter with Florida/ND recruits and fans alike for what seemed like several hours yesterday and he was very into it. I did see a straggler from SU in there a few times.

I do wish SU fans would stop (chatting with potential recruits) due to the potential violation thingy, but when you witness several upon several folks from the other schools doing it without hurting anything, why couldn't they continue? It does seem to perk up the interest from the players for sure, especially EO.
Until the NCAA actually does something about it, im sick of people whining about it being a recruiting violation. Every teams fan do it, not coincidentally, the teams who get the best players have their fans doing it the most.

The problem is there is no way to prevent that. Fans will be fans. You can only control what people inside your program say or do, and that doesn't even work alot of the time.

I understand and agree with you. I am just not a fan of twitting or facebook chat with potential recruits. Watching the likes of the Florida and ND fans kind of sickens me, lol.

Now chatting it up with the signed players does not bother me at all.

Until the NCAA actually does something about it, im sick of people whining about it being a recruiting violation. Every teams fan do it, not coincidentally, the teams who get the best players have their fans doing it the most.

I hope your not taking it as me whining. That was not my intention. Sorry if it seems like I was. I just wanted to let some here know that I do not like it, but with all the other folk out there doing it, why should the SU fans stop until the NCAA can track and stop it. That is all. No harm, no foul.

I hope your not taking it as me whining. That was not my intention. Sorry if it seems like I was. I just wanted to let some here know that I do not like it, but with all the other folk out there doing it, why should the SU fans stop until the NCAA can track and stop it. That is all. No harm, no foul.
No, im sorry, definately not you. Some people get super serious whenever someone says they social media-spoke to a recruit and yea, its a violation, but I dont think the NCAA is going to sanction Syracuse when ND and Fla have 50x as many fans talking to recruits as we do...and guess what? Recruits like it.

I gotcha, cool.

I do enjoy following the ones that SU has interest in. It is something that my daughter and I spend time together every now and then doing. She is only twelve and get's a kick out of following the time lines with me. She will always let me know when a potential recruit mentions SU.

I will not however turn to facebook and follow. For some reason, that site creeps me out, lol.

I gotcha, cool.

I do enjoy following the ones that SU has interest in. It is something that my daughter and I spend time together every now and then doing. She is only twelve and get's a kick out of following the time lines with me. She will always let me know when a potential recruit mentions SU.

I will not however turn to facebook and follow. For some reason, that site creeps me out, lol.
I dont follow recruits on FB or Twitter either but I have no problem with any of our fans who choose to and if the NCAA doesnt want to enforce the rule, let them talk to them, who cares.

No, im sorry, definately not you. Some people get super serious whenever someone says they social media-spoke to a recruit and yea, its a violation, but I dont think the NCAA is going to sanction Syracuse when ND and Fla have 50x as many fans talking to recruits as we do...and guess what? Recruits like it.

Yet it is a violation being committed by SU fans. Just because someone else does it and does it more, does not make it OK. SU themselves should start making it a bigger point of emphasis.

Do not engage with recruits on social media. It's pretty simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

His twitter is getting blown up by gator and irish fans

thanks. I would like to see the NCAA's definition of "booster." Just because some Goober in Georgia posts on a potential recruits facebook page something like, "Come be a Bulldog, Athens is great," hardly makes him a booster in the conventional sense of the word.

My guess is that NCAA has no intention of ever trying to enforce this rule. It's there for the "worst cast" scenarios and if things completely run amok. Kind of like the adultery statutes.

Thank you. While the boards compliance officer tells our fans to back off, UF and ND fans are heaping praise on Ebo by the bucket loads. There is zero enforcibility here at the moment. Make the kid feel welcome.

Thank you. While the boards compliance officer tells our fans to back off, UF and ND fans are heaping praise on Ebo by the bucket loads. There is zero enforcibility here at the moment. Make the kid feel welcome.

The boards compliance officer. Lol. It's the rule. Ask SU or read the recruiting info they send in the mail on occasion. Hey, someone else does it so we should. The moment you contact a recruit and have no prior relationship, you become a representative of the University. SU outlines who can and cannot be a representative. So your answer is to tell SU to stick it.

Yet it is a violation being committed by SU fans. Just because someone else does it and does it more, does not make it OK. SU themselves should start making it a bigger point of emphasis.

Do not engage with recruits on social media. It's pretty simple.

Get off your high horse, please. Everybody does it. And it's not regulated by the NCAA.

For you to chastise SU fans for doing it is a bit ridiculous.

Get off your high horse, please. Everybody does it. And it's not regulated by the NCAA.

Funny stuff. If its no big deal then why does SU ask not to do it. High horse? Don't like someone pointing out NCAA and SU rules, then just leave. This isn't the only site that asks fans not to engage on social media with recruits.

well, EO is being full court pressed by ND recruits on twitter today and Gator fans

not a peep from Cuse ...

The boards compliance officer. Lol. It's the rule. Ask SU or read the recruiting info they send in the mail on occasion. Hey, someone else does it so we should. The moment you contact a recruit and have no prior relationship, you become a representative of the University. SU outlines who can and cannot be a representative. So your answer is to tell SU to stick it.

It's minutiae Bees. And completely unenforceable. Besides the fact that the NCAA is toothless, it's a nothing rule that everyone else is bending. And while you are trying to go right by the letter of the law, Gator and Irish fans are making the kid feel wanted.

SU has the stated policy because they have to Cover their ass. They have done their job by making sure they have an official policy on it. Fans will do their jobs by doing what it takes to make the kid feel welcome.

Its easy Just don't . Thats all there is to it. Pretty simple.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.