Ogundeko | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bowl is going to be HUGE in landing him. In recent articles he stated that he is 50/50 us and Clemson. If we can have an awesome game which is high scoring us and our defense doing what we did to them last year, it will go a long way. EO and other recruits will be there and watching front row. If Clemson lays a huge goose egg, which I think LSU will crush them, it goes further. I think our presence at the game could be the tipping point.

I know the BCS game is a huge deal and this will be argued, but I think the Pinstripe is perfect for us and DG's vision as we rebuild (be blown out in a BCS bowl would not be good). You have hoops down there and now football making in roads. Two games in one year in NYC gets us more and more in the hearts of HS players and TV market. Add to that the work DM is doing throughout the NYS in 7 v 7 combines and all star games. What other teams are constantly in the market year in and year out? It can only help that Melo is blowing up this year and being tied to one of the greatest franchises in modern sports is priceless. The better that relationship, the better for SU.

I am hoping the ACC is working hard on picking up the connections which the Old BE had in NYC.

I would like to think the game would have an impact, but I think at this point, it has less of an impact either way on any kids final decision, not that it wouldn't help. but still not the decision maker. I do have a friend from Clemson that piped in, and though they know EBO, there isn't near the hype on him that what we here at the CUSE have put on him, and getting a feel from him on the issue they feel they have a good shot at 2 or three D Lineman as high or higher rated players than EBO. Was hard getting a number from him as far as how many slots they have to fill, but he was saying right around 22/23 with 16 committed and a host of position players waiting for official offers so they can committ. If he is right. that may bode well for us as should Clemson pick up any one of three D Lineman, he feels they are full at that position at that may close the Clemson Offer at that point. But who's to say, EBO could be the one that fills that slot too. Regardless of where he committs, you have to feel that it will be when he signs his LOI that it is officially over. I think the biggest thing we got going for us is Gus on this one, IMO.

Anyone notice today that he retweeted two fans' tweets, one from SU and one from Clemson. Maybe things really are 50-50. More likely is the fact that I need an escape from all of this familial frivolity. Either that or an adult beverage or three.

DF is a physical freak...always has been. His lack of height is actually an advantage because he is so quick off the ball.

I believe he ran a sub 4.4 forty time when he worked out for the pro scouts. I'm not sure Ebo, or any other prospect, has that kind of explosive ability. DF is truly a unique athlete with freakish abilities.
No way a defensive end in the NFL EVER, EVER, EVER, ran 4.3 something 40. Did I say EVER???

RMH44 is right Freeney ran a 4.38 at the combine if i can remember. Very rare for someone who is 6'1 270.

No way a defensive end in the NFL EVER, EVER, EVER, ran 4.3 something 40. Did I say EVER???

He ran a 4.40 at the Syracuse Pro day i believe. and a 4.48 at the combine. Reportedly ran a 4.38 at predraft workouts. Easy to find all over the place. Also had a 40" vert. If Ogundeko does come to Syracuse, we'd be getting an absolute gem of a recruit... a top 10 caliber recruit... if he comes anywhere close to being as athletic as Freeney.

He ran a 4.40 at the Syracuse Pro day i believe. and a 4.48 at the combine. Reportedly ran a 4.38 at predraft workouts. Easy to find all over the place. Also had a 40" vert. If Ogundeko does come to Syracuse, we'd be getting an absolute gem of a recruit... a top 10 caliber recruit... if he comes anywhere close to being as athletic as Freeney.
i still wonder what his numbers were coming out of high school. DF work ethic was a big part of him achieving those numbers coming out of college,

RMH44 is right Freeney ran a 4.38 at the combine if i can remember. Very rare for someone who is 6'1 270.
If I recall, he ran a faster 40 than almost all the WR's in that year's draft. Seriously.

I was at that pro day. It was still inside back then as I recall, in Manley. They had all kinds of stations set up, and between Dwight and JR Johnson the scouts kept looking at each other, checking their watches and shaking their heads. It really was quite the exhibition.

I was at that pro day. It was still inside back then as I recall, in Manley. They had all kinds of stations set up, and between Dwight and JR Johnson the scouts kept looking at each other, checking their watches and shaking their heads. It really was quite the exhibition.
Great articles today Dave! Really going to miss your work!

DF is a physical freak...always has been. His lack of height is actually an advantage because he is so quick off the ball.

I believe he ran a sub 4.4 forty time when he worked out for the pro scouts. I'm not sure Ebo, or any other prospect, has that kind of explosive ability. DF is truly a unique athlete with freakish abilities.
DF is the best syracuse football player that I have seen in my 40 years of watching them play. IMO it not even close. People should watch what they say when making comparisons.
Saying that any prospect is a better athlete than him is really saying something. EBO is no DF but no one else is either.

A little over a week until this is resolved.
Maybe we can mercifully lock this on January 5th?

I would like to think the game would have an impact, but I think at this point, it has less of an impact either way on any kids final decision, not that it wouldn't help. but still not the decision maker. I do have a friend from Clemson that piped in, and though they know EBO, there isn't near the hype on him that what we here at the CUSE have put on him, and getting a feel from him on the issue they feel they have a good shot at 2 or three D Lineman as high or higher rated players than EBO. Was hard getting a number from him as far as how many slots they have to fill, but he was saying right around 22/23 with 16 committed and a host of position players waiting for official offers so they can committ. If he is right. that may bode well for us as should Clemson pick up any one of three D Lineman, he feels they are full at that position at that may close the Clemson Offer at that point. But who's to say, EBO could be the one that fills that slot too. Regardless of where he committs, you have to feel that it will be when he signs his LOI that it is officially over. I think the biggest thing we got going for us is Gus on this one, IMO.[/quote

EO has always been in love with whom he last was in contact with. The PS Bowl essentially gives us one last "in home visit" and and opportunity for him to be around the team with his buddies Smith and Gus. We will have the last shot at flirting with him and hopefully we put our best face on and play an amazingly fun and fast past game coming out with a W with LSU crushing Clemson.

There are many other recruits I liked way more than EO at the DE position. Daniels was way further along against greater competition as were others we are/were recruiting. I am not trying to take away the fact that EO is a good talent and has a lot of potential. The difference between us and Clemson is that EO is the top recruit in our back yard. We want

If the top recruit in SC was from Greenville and it was coming down to us and Clemson, I am sure you would hear a lot less about that recruit on our end a lot more on theirs. The plan has been to keep the top talent in state and develop these players while popularizing/developing HS football in NYS. We want to break through and keep these kids at home which we haven't done yet. This is the reason why there is so much hype on a 3 star DE. We missed on Williams (scares me to have his father around recruits, don't trust him a bit, he seems to be the "show me the money" type) and Jones last year so we still have not broken through.

A bonus to all this is you get these young men to start "repping" SU and wearing Orange/SU gear, many from suburbia pick up that trend and then you have a brand established. DG game plan is about getting into the NYC market (the top market in the US). The presence of Bball and Fball in the city, Melo getting hot and always talking about his ties to SU and JB, and the increase of players from the borough's will only help to further the idea of branding SU.

Do I think EO is the end all be all? No, we are fine with or without him. He can help move things along, but regardless, we will lock and load against next year. We got the right AD, the right coaches, and the right staffs in all our teams. We are moving to a top conference who is tied into the top broadcasting entities. We are also tight with Madison Square, The Yankees, and MetLife people, I think we are in very good position to become a very successful brand.

If he did, I owe an apology. Consider this saying I was wrong. I wouldn't have thought it remotely possible...sorry

https://dailyorange.com/2002/04/d-o-sportswriter-prepares-for-nfl-draft/

This bright idea dawned on me, oh, Wednesday, when pouring over myriad numbers spewed at us by draftniks. Apparently, Dwight Freeney blazed a 4.38 40-yard dash at Syracuse’s “Pro Day.” They say J.R. Johnson — the 240-pound linebacker — sonic-boomed a 4.32.
Now, Freeney running a 4.48, as he did at the NFL Combine, is certainly feasible. Sub-4.4 times, however, are reserved for turf-churning wide receivers, equally adept cornerbacks and greyhounds.

DF is the best syracuse football player that I have seen in my 40 years of watching them play. IMO it not even close. People should watch what they say when making comparisons.
Saying that any prospect is a better athlete than him is really saying something. EBO is no DF but no one else is either.

That would be true but that's not the exact comparison he was making. Money was making the comparison of DW out of H.S. and Ebo out of H.S. and he also isn't saying that Ebo is anywhere near the player or will be the player that DW was. He's simply making 2 general observations not direct comparisons.

Deacon Jones is my second. Only because I never actually saw him play, He was before my time. Good one

That would be true but that's not the exact comparison he was making. Money was making the comparison of DW out of H.S. and Ebo out of H.S. and he also isn't saying that Ebo is anywhere near the player or will be the player that DW was. He's simply making 2 general observations not direct comparisons.

Who is DW ??

Deacon Jones is my second. Only because I never actually saw him play, He was before my time. Good one

I never watched him live but was able to see a lot of film and saw some documentaries on him ... he was a bad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom