Class of 2015 - OL Cody Conway (IL) Signed LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OL Cody Conway (IL) Signed LOI

Who could turn this down...

IlliniJacked‏@IlliniJacked 11h
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD.@Jimmy_Fitz97 @Dre_BrownXXXIII @GabeMegginson72 pic.twitter.com/wOmlU22tPo
BmbtmEhCIAAs4ZY.jpg

At least that isn't as bad as some of the other "creative" productions.

Gotta imagine SU is going to get creative as well...

Eric White ‏@EricWhiteCuse 14h
**WANTED: Syracuse students who are accomplished in Photoshop, and want to help SU win ...retweet this till we find the right person

They did mailings last year. Seems like Ace, AJs Dad, did some things on twitter too.

247 Sports is predicting Conway to Illinois. Same with OL Quinn Oseland from Springfield, IL.

The Illini received a commitment from 4-star Gabe Megginson of FL last week so what's up with this?

Wait you mean to tell me that a kid from the state of Illinois may decide to play football at a college in the state of Illinois? I'm blown away.

Last edited:
I really like this kid. I had him pegged as one of our next commitments, but Illinois is making a big push. I'm pretty interested to see which way this one goes. Do we continue to beat out Illinois for their in state kids, or are the local kids starting to buy in.

I really like this kid. I had him pegged as one of our next commitments, but Illinois is making a big push. I'm pretty interested to see which way this one goes. Do we continue to beat out Illinois for their in state kids, or are the local kids starting to buy in.
It's easy to buy into Illinois football this time of year.

Yeesh! Don't want to get too negative here, but I'm generally not impressed with what I'm seeing out of OLine prospects listed here for 2015. The ones I've looked at so far are not even close to the guys we took last year.

That said I think Conway is a good physical specimen, and watching his tape the thing that I like is his effort/intensity. But he's (and the others I've looked at) going to need a lot of work...a lot...to excel at the next level. Will be interesting to see senior highlights.

Yeesh! Don't want to get too negative here, but I'm generally not impressed with what I'm seeing out of OLine prospects listed here for 2015. The ones I've looked at so far are not even close to the guys we took last year.

That said I think Conway is a good physical specimen, and watching his tape the thing that I like is his effort/intensity. But he's (and the others I've looked at) going to need a lot of work...a lot...to excel at the next level. Will be interesting to see senior highlights.

Conway was actually ones of my favorite OL prospects. Obviously he needs some bulking up, but he has natural athletic ability you don't always see.

That 247 Crystal Ball had Aaron Roberts going to Illinois too, all the way until the day he committed to SU. Just to name one. Really would like to grab this kid. I can't stand Beckman, arrogant little weasel

I'm probably the only one who noticed this but both Conway and Fredericks were offered by Buffalo yesterday. Uh huh, Okay.

I'm probably the only one who noticed this but both Conway and Fredericks were offered by Buffalo yesterday. Uh huh, Okay.
Fredricks was pumped.

Last edited:
Conway picked up an offer from Rutgers today. Surprising to see Rutgers follow us out to the Midwest. Wouldn't be surprised if they saw our success out there and are trying to use their new B10 footprint to make some noise. I don't see them having much success though. Just like we struggled to get back into NJ for years until we had a coach with ties to the area (Acosta), I don't see Rutgers being able to come close to the success we had in the area. They don't have any Time Lesters' or Deandre Smiths' on their staff.

As for Conway I was expecting a commitment from now. I think Illinois was able to get back into the picture and then some. I really like this prospect hopefully we are able to win out in the end.

Cody Conway, offensive tackle, Plainfield North. Conway has offers so far from Illinois, Syracuse, UConn, Rutgers, Central Michigan and Nevada. Yet with the lack of true offensive tackle body types in the Class of 2015, head coach Tim Kane and Plainfield North have hosted a ton of college coaches from across the Midwest this spring. Look for more Big Ten schools in particular to get involved sooner rather than later.

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/edgy-five-class-2015-prospects-blooming-spring

Kind of surprising (joke)...doesn't he know that Big 10 powers like Illinois & Rutgers also offered him ;)

anomander said:
I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up committing to Syracuse eventually

Anomander calls it again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors