Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

Us and BC are in some dog fights for some of the same kids on the recruiting trail. Same with Pitt to a little lesser extent. It feels like a lot more then prior years. Should only help the excitement once we start meeting again on a regular basis on the field.

And that shouldn't be a knock on us because BC already has a top 25 ranked recruiting class. Should be fun to watch

BC being successful is good for Syracuse. Being the 2 northern most schools they will once again be our likely rival like it or not. Having both schools relevant is only positive for the ACC and the schools.
Agreed, it means nothing to us if the games are against weak BC teams. I was an ROTC instructor for BC and North Eastern during the Pasq years (1995-99) and let me tell you, BC was dominated by the CUSE, so this really hurt the rivalry. We need BC to be good. Then we can talk the I-90 series up! One thing Pasq teams had was unbelievable team speed. I like us going back to that again.

And that shouldn't be a knock on us because BC already has a top 25 ranked recruiting class. Should be fun to watch
Let me get this straight. BC already has a top 25 recruiting class while SU has a couple of guys. What is wrong with this picture?

I just checked their ranking over on ryvals and find it laughable.

Let's compare and contrast the following classes:

TEAM "A" current recruiting class;

one 4-star recruits
eleven 3-star recruits
15 total recruits
2.87 average stars

TEAM "B" current recruiting class;

four 4-star recruits
five 3-star recruits
9 total recruits
3.44 average stars

Here we are in the middle of June...which class would you rather have?

Note: TEAM "A" is BC who is currently ranked 18th while TEAM "B" is Auburn who is ranked 19th. I think this illustrates the lunacy of the various ranking systems.

I think if you add Cabinda and Sykes to go with Franklin and Moskal that's a pretty good haul of linebackers.

i'd be shocked if we don't end up getting Cabinda. Adding Sykes to that would just be icing.

What about Crotchet? Is he a plan B?

sounds like they are seeing if he is interested in greyshirting. they must feel pretty good about Cabinda.

I think if you add Cabinda and Sykes to go with Franklin and Moskal that's a pretty good haul of linebackers.
Cabinda is more likely at this point but that is still a great collection by themselves. Don't forget we have added some great kids in this yeasr's process.

sounds like they are seeing if he is interested in greyshirting. they must feel pretty good about Cabinda.

I hope they can convince him to do that... I like the looks of a intelligent hard working player from talent rich Georgia...

Question: If Cabinda and Bennett commit does that mean we are out on Sykes? Thought him and Franklin were the best on the board. I love Cabinda and think he's ours. Don't know enough about Bennett. Will trust the staff with the numbers/position situation but this is beginning to look like we're choosing versus being chosen. That's a nice position to be in at this point.

This could be a huge weeken for the team and fans of recruiting for us.:eek:

In Bennet's vid he seems kind of small to me so I was sort of hoping for Sykes. Maybe Bennet has grown. Do you take the bird in hand if you can?