Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

In Bennet's vid he seems kind of small to me so I was sort of hoping for Sykes. Maybe Bennet has grown. Do you take the bird in hand if you can?

it's tough to pass on Bennett since he will be ready to commit and Sykes is still up in the air and probably wont decide for a while. Another LB who had amazing video from a good school was Justin Hughes. He was planning on visiting and was very interested, but likely won't decide until after season. Either way we are in good shape at LBer. Maybe they take all 4, and then Sykes is good enough to add a 5th, and just not take any next year?

it's tough to pass on Bennett since he will be ready to commit and Sykes is still up in the air and probably wont decide for a while. Another LB who had amazing video from a good school was Justin Hughes. He was planning on visiting and was very interested, but likely won't decide until after season. Either way we are in good shape at LBer. Maybe they take all 4, and then Sykes is good enough to add a 5th, and just not take any next year?

If we took a 5th linebacker, I'd still want us to go after the top prospects next year. It can never hurt to improve any position on the field and linebackers tend to be the most athletic players on the team in high school outside of QB/RB/WR's. Usually those players end up playing both ways as linebackers anyways. There is some versatility with linebackers where they could possibly add weight and become a defensive end, or possibly switch to RB/TE/H-Back or even cut some weight and work on their speed to become a safety. That's not even mentioning the special teams benefits of having linebackers or ex-linebackers. But I will agree that we shouldn't settle for C-list prospects for linebackers next year if we were to haul in 5 linebackers, Sykes being one of them. (ending my useless rant there)

Sykes does play both LB and DE. Just throwing it out there.

Cabinda's reported offers are from Syracuse, Boston College, Maryland, UConn and Temple. He's unranked and not in NJs preseason top 30.

I just checked their ranking over on ryvals and find it laughable.

Let's compare and contrast the following classes:

TEAM "A" current recruiting class;

one 4-star recruits
eleven 3-star recruits
15 total recruits
2.87 average stars

TEAM "B" current recruiting class;

four 4-star recruits
five 3-star recruits
9 total recruits
3.44 average stars

Here we are in the middle of June...which class would you rather have?

Note: TEAM "A" is BC who is currently ranked 18th while TEAM "B" is Auburn who is ranked 19th. I think this illustrates the lunacy of the various ranking systems.
When using Rivals as criteriayou can expect that kind of result.
CuseNation.com@ 23s
Jason Cabinda has left the Syracuse campus and is headed home. He said he loved the visit
Only a matter of time before SS or GM get his phone call and commit.Zaire and AJ will continue to be on him I thinbk they/we get our man No more than two weeks. Three tops.

When using as criteriayou can expect that kind of result.
Only a matter of time before SS or GM get his phone call and commit.Zaire and AJ will continue to be on him I thinbk they/we get our man No more than two weeks. Three tops.
Actually just 1st

Maryland's out all of the sudden?

It's absolutely us if that's the case. Maryland is the only other contender.

EDIT: I'm guessing that BC writer is wrong because BC is a school of idiots.

MD just got a commit from LB Tyler Burke from Coatesville. Not saying that you are incorrect about the intelligence level of the BC writer.

Maryland is in fact out, which is strange since I believe he visited there multiple times prior?

Maryland is out...he cancelled his visit final visit there
Agree with the BC assessment

Maryland is in fact out, which is strange since I believe he visited there multiple times prior?
He visited MD at least 3 times, I figured they were the best competition for us. Think he's now a stone cold lock for us.

He visited MD at least 3 times, I figured they were the best competition for us. Think he's now a stone cold lock for us.

definitely. mortal lock if there ever was one

He's only not a lock if we've decided were full at his spot or have others higher on the board.

We're not full at LB. I actually think we'll take one more in this class after Cabinda. We really want this kid too.
Nile Sykes sure would be a nice way to round out this LB group? That would be the best cuse haul at one position ever. Franklin, Moskal, Bennett, Cabinda, Sykes. Would be ridic.

I heard that he was announcing today. Still no rating by TOS. I guess that's better than an uniformed rating, I suppose.

Nile Sykes sure would be a nice way to round out this LB group? That would be the best cuse haul at one position ever. Franklin, Moskal, Bennett, Cabinda, Sykes. Would be ridic.
Don't hold your breath on Sykes AND Cabinda, being added to the group . Cabinda might be coming tomorrow but no word recently from Sykes to my knowledge. I agree that group would be extremely formidable on the field coupled on the kids coming in this season.