Once Again Grayson Allen With A Trip | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Once Again Grayson Allen With A Trip

I can't wait until he trips the wrong guy and gets one in the eye, that is the only way this dude is going to learn.

Obviously the kid has some problems...I don't hope that someone decks him, I hope he gets the help he needs and corrects these issues so someone doesn't deck him...I think this kid may have a legit mental issue and needs help...I don't think violence will solve the problem...

Obviously the kid has some problems...I don't hope that someone decks him, I hope he gets the help he needs and corrects these issues so someone doesn't deck him...I think this kid may have a legit mental issue and needs help...I don't think violence will solve the problem...

Some people have to learn the hard way, this is his 3rd time doing this, being yelled at or suspended isn't going to correct the problem, not saying I hope he gets hurt, but maybe getting a black eye would humble him.

Some people have to learn the hard way, this is his 3rd time doing this, being yelled at or suspended isn't going to correct the problem, not saying I hope he gets hurt, but maybe getting a black eye would humble him.

Well how about getting him some help first and if that doesn't work then maybe the "hard way"? Your not saying you hope he gets hurt, then suggest he should get a black eye...which I think to most would entail getting hurt...:noidea:

Well how about getting him some help first and if that doesn't work then maybe the "hard way"? Your not saying you hope he gets hurt, then suggest he should get a black eye...which I think to most would entail getting hurt...:noidea:

Do you think after doing this three times, other corrective measures have not been tried? wow, if thats true I do not know what to think.

Do you think after doing this three times, other corrective measures have not been tried? wow, if thats true I do not know what to think.

I, we, you have no idea what have been tried...I have an issue with going straight to using or advocating violence as a corrective tool against anyone, especially someone who could possibly need some mental help, withour first exhausting other options, and still would be hard pressed to support the violence option...Maybe he has received or is receiving help...but I think the public shaming and now the indefinite suspension is definitely a good next step rather than jumping straight to violence...the kid didn't murder someone or commit some type of heinous crime such as rape...he tripped another kid in a game, let's get some perspective here...

There needs to be a "3 strike and out" rule at least by DukeU. to get this kid off the floor.I don't think he is capable of playing a safebrand of BB today. I am sure he promissed coach K last yesr too that he would never do it again.
What would the NBA suspend him for?
I am only responding to your last sentence

Last edited:
I, we, you have no idea what have been tried...I have an issue with going straight to using or advocating violence as a corrective tool against anyone, especially someone who could possibly need some mental help, withour first exhausting other options, and still would be hard pressed to support the violence option...Maybe he has received or is receiving help...but I think the public shaming and now the indefinite suspension is definitely a good next step rather than jumping straight to violence...the kid didn't murder someone or commit some type of heinous crime such as rape...he tripped another kid in a game, let's get some perspective here...
And leave opposing players play timid against him wondering if they too can be tripped and get seriously hurt.He is a dangerous punk on the floor now.I am responding to your last sentence

Tripped someone repeatedly is not the same as simply tripping a guy. Pattern of behavior with no change in that behavior suggests a major problem, and I still say it is delusional to think that nothing was done to address that behavior.
Over the top comparisons to criminal behavior do not enhance the point you are trying to make. I think certain people only respond to physical retaliation.

And leave opposing players play timid against him wondering if they too can be tripped and get seriously hurt.He is a dangerous punk on the floor now

From what I saw last night...it didn't appear he planned on tripping someone. It appeared to me it was reaction/impulse control problem. I have a child who has a degree of impulse control, so I understand how difficult that can be for the individual to deal with as well as the authority figures not to go the extreme with consequences. My guess would be that the indefinite suspension is being used to get him evaluated and possible start getting him some support and help with dealing with his impulse control issue. Which in my opinion is much better than throwing him back out on the floor and letting him get taught the "hard way". I have never said he should be put back on the floor right now, obviously he is a safety issue...however I am against the "hard way" that some have proposed. This is pattern of behavior, which impulse control problems falls under...you don't correct behavior issues with violence...you correct them with teaching the person the proper techniques and provide them with the proper tools to help them control those impulse control issues. I don't think he should be back on the floor until those who are helping him are comfortable with the fact he is learning those techniques and tools to help him not only on the floor but also in life...

Tripped someone repeatedly is not the same as simply tripping a guy. Pattern of behavior with no change in that behavior suggests a major problem, and I still say it is delusional to think that nothing was done to address that behavior.
Over the top comparisons to criminal behavior do not enhance the point you are trying to make. I think certain people only respond to physical retaliation.

So you know for a fact that in case with this person he would only respond to physical retaliation? You know better than his coaches and support personnel that are with him on a daily basis? Now that is delusional to me...

I grew up in the 50 and 60's. Things were different. A neighborhood kid was always kicking, tripping, punching others, until one day he tripped the wrong guy. Got his ass kicked... problem solved. Never tripped, punched or kicked anyone again.

I grew up in the 50 and 60's. Things were different. A neighborhood kid was always kicking, tripping, punching others, until one day he tripped the wrong guy. Got his ass kicked... problem solved. Never tripped, punched or kicked anyone again.

I understand that...but since then there have been many discoveries when it comes to mental problems/issues...and there still much more to learn...Just because it worked then, doesn't mean it was the correct way or works today...

I really hope he gets help and he doesn't do this again, as if/when he gets to the NBA, it will most definitely become physical and for most people, I don't hope they get hurt...

Tripped you up did it?????

See what I did there?

;)

giphy.gif

Duke/Grayson Allen issues and UNC getting a NOI this week has made our suckyness slightly more bearable.

Here's a question.
If Allen played at SU...under the exact same set of facts...would Boeheim suspend him indefinitely as K did?

Seems more likely he'd let him play after the apology.
Not a big disciplinarian except for pulling offenders who make bad plays during a game.
Are we talking about after the first, second, or third time he did it?

I think any coach other than K would have made sure there wasn't a second time.

Here's a question.
If Allen played at SU...under the exact same set of facts...would Boeheim suspend him indefinitely as K did?

Seems more likely he'd let him play after the apology.
Not a big disciplinarian except for pulling offenders who make bad plays during a game.

The coach who, when asked what he'd do with Michael Carter-Williams when presented with evidence that he was a thief, said "my hands are tied"?

I think we know the answer, unfortunately.

The coach who, when asked what he'd do with Michael Carter-Williams when presented with evidence that he was a thief, said "my hands are tied"?

I think we know the answer, unfortunately.

That didn't happen on the court, right in front of him.
3 separate times.

MCW was actually "punished" by L&T - he paid a fine, which is standard for that sorta thing. Why would anything else be necessary?

Tripsome Allen was not punished at all the first 2 times, and only well after the fact for the 3rd offense.

Allen is an entitled douchenozzle.
There are 2-3+ TV cameras on during every second of every Duke game - he thought nobody would notice?? :crazy:

That didn't happen on the court, right in front of him.
3 separate times.

MCW was actually "punished" by L&T - he paid a fine, which is standard for that sorta thing. Why would anything else be necessary?
Essentially...he bought himself out of a criminal charge by making some kind of extra-legal deal.

But ...believe it or not...coaches are still supposedly educators.
And there may be coaches in this day and age who actually would have told MCW that he embarrassed himself, his teammates and his school and would have suspended him.
They might suggest that he "man-up" and make a public apology which could serve to mitigate some of the suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom