One more Andrew White jumper | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One more Andrew White jumper

our entire team gathers stats when the game is decided, because every game is pretty much decided by half.

I've seen Lydon pick up 8 points in the final minutes, I've seen Roberson almost collect a double double in the last 3 minutes of a blow out, Gillon score a ton when it was decided.

You're right, a lot of guys on our squad are doing it.

I've seen Lydon pick up 8 points in the final minutes, I've seen Roberson almost collect a double double in the last 3 minutes of a blow out, Gillon score a ton when it was decided.

You're right, a lot of guys on our squad are doing it.

Do not forget about Autry Jr either, preparing to start next season at the 2

only because i looked up his stats to see what his fg% was *41%*... his 21st point tonight will be his 1000th in his college career.

Shooters will force shots. Good shooters also make shots.

3 treys a game, 40% clip. The guy is considered an elite 3pt shooter with those numbers.

Shooters will force shots. Good shooters also make shots.

3 treys a game, 40% clip. The guy is considered an elite 3pt shooter with those numbers.

I don't like the long twos but his contribution this season has been big. I think he gets far too much blame around here because he's a "hired gun". I'm sure there are still people out there that would rather see Moyer play ahead of him right now.

I don't like the long twos but his contribution this season has been big. I think he gets far too much blame around here because he's a "hired gun". I'm sure there are still people out there that would rather see Moyer play ahead of him right now.

I would actually suggest White gets a bunch of blame b/c he's the cog who didn't fit quite right. If he comes in and is a solid fit at both the 2 and the three, then a lot of issues are solved. He plays a lot of 2 early while Battle figures things out/gets healthy, then maybe slides more to 3 when Battle figures it out. But White not fitting at all (defensively) at the 2, meant he had to play the 3 which threw off the preseason plan of Lydon at the 3, robey at the 4 and Chukwu/DC at the 5 (at least for long stretches). Moving Lydon off the three (the other issue, along with PG) wasn't a problem but for a while we stopped playing Robey, which never made much sense to me from an energy/hustle standpoint.

Anyway, if White were a true 2, we would've had more flexibility and I think that's where most of the criticism originates from -- consciously or subconsciously, fairly or unfairly.

Not Moyer specifically (actually, I don't think we have anyone to play over White, which is part of the reason Boeheim won't sit him for 90 seconds when he does something stupid), but I agree. I'm not entirely comfortable with the mercenary thing; in a perfect world, B.J. Johnson would be starting at that position.

No gripes about White's play last night, though. Huge game in which we needed every point, far and away his best SU performance. The only shot I thought was a force (long two from the far side wing in the first half) went in, he was perfect from the line when nobody could have had any confidence in his teammates, and from the start he rebounded like a guy who'd been hearing about his poor rebounding in practice for two days in a row. Fantastic, he's such an asset when he plays like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom