Orange jerseys are coming | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Orange jerseys are coming

couldnt be further from the truth.

that is the problem, nobody listens to what us bluehairs are saying.

they can change it, tweak it, make it hip, make it cool, make it hot, make it faster, make it slower, make it waterproof, make it bulletproof, make it a spacesuit, give it a cape, give it emoticons, give it lightenbolts, give it wegmans patches, do whatever the F they want with it...just keep it Syracuse.

and for Syracuse...that means feature the mothagodamnphuckiing color ORANGE.

AT ALL TIMES.

that said...we get the fluking one-offs, but sweet jiminychristmas is it too much to put some ORANGE in them too???

and a one-off means one.

uno.

un.

eine.

一个

just once.

C'mon, Kaiser---tell 'im what you really think! :p

Attachments

• whiteorangeunis.JPG
    whiteorangeunis.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 115
Jersey looks much better in an actual photo like I figured in my first post.. It doesn't have that "burnt" look like in the edited photo

Without the 44-degree angle stripes, it doesn't look so bad.

They look pretty nice. People just need to get over it and embrace it
nike has beaten me down. it's orange. good enough for me with my low expectations of nike

without seeing them ahead of time, knowing how awful nike is, who wouldn't have said "Ok fine I'll take it" to these to avoid the risk of them looking completely stupid

They are what they are. Win and they look great. Lose and they suck.

You guys are crazy. Picture ELEVEN of those on the field, not one guy wearing khakis in an office.

The number font is stupid.

Not making the numbers white is stupid.

Not outlining the should-be-white numbers in blue is stupid.

The 44-degree stripes on the shoulders are stupid.

Wearing it with a matte orange helmet, which you KNOW they will do, will look stupid.

I don't care about tradition, or the "SU look", or whatever. These uniforms blow.

Its so tragic that this already has 6 pages and its not the only orange jersey thread. You go over to the s#itbag comment section on syracuse . com and the orange jersey article has like 2000 comments. Seriously, people?

They are what they are. Win and they look great. Lose and they suck.

That's not true. Sh!tty uniforms are still sh!tty even if you win.

These guys won...

600.jpg

Its so tragic that this already has 6 pages and its not the only orange jersey thread. You go over to the s#itbag comment section on syracuse . com and the orange jersey article has like 2000 comments. Seriously, people?

It's tragic that you are being forced to read it.

Thoughts and prayers for your safe return from your captors.

And? Bring me a title and you can wear that for all I care

Yeah, everyone here is saying they'd trade a title for a uniform. Thanks for the contribution.

They nailed it with this one. It was a sleek modern look that had similarities to the design of the 80s/90s.

And just when they finally got it right after years of playing around, they went and screwed it up.

This is what happens when your AD is also filling the role of the Senior Associate Executive Deputy Manager Vice Assistant Fashion Consultant.

Yeah, everyone here is saying they'd trade a title for a uniform. Thanks for the contribution.

Right and everyone has said the uniforms suck. Thanks for your contribution.

And you are "in touch"?

Tell us about you.

How old are you?

Were you recruited to play at a Division I Program?

Do you have children who have been recruited?

Do you maintain communication with the SU Football Coaching Staff?

I'm not being confrontational - I'm trying to understand your perspective.

I personally believe, as you know, that the uniform is for the fan base - for the program - for the alums.

A kid may not like the Michigan winged helmet, but who the hell cares. It's symbolic of the tradition of the program and is synonymous with the success of the program.

The uniform below is symbolic of SU Football Success. It recalls Fourteen Bowl Games - Graves, McPherson, McNabb, Bulluck, Gedney, Harrison, Ismail, Pugh, Chandler Jones and on and on.

That's what is important to me at least and I think to a lot of folks.

View attachment 39044

Slow clap. Fantastic speech.

First about me. I'm 37 years old with two boys under the age of 6. I'm a professional graphic designer and illustrator. Before that I was a youth pastor who worked with high school kids. In the summer I worked with kids (mostly African American) from the inner city of Syracuse. My wife works at a SUNY school and as a part of her job interacts with 17-22 years olds every day. I was born and bred in Eastwood. I got my degree from Syracuse University. I attend as many games as I can and wish I had the financial means to become a season ticket holder (but two kids and ministry, remember?).

Now, my point in my reply to you was that uni's matter to recruits. They do: ESPN did a survey. Also a parent of a current signed recruit said while not in the top ten of reasons he chose us, it did matter ever so slightly. He also thought it mattered to others. My wife says things like that matter to players (she interacts with D3 athletes every week). Common sense indicates that a kid who will probably only be on national television for football in college would care what they are seen wearing. HS football players tweet pics of unis to each other all of the time. Coaches who post here say that kids think about it. It's not THE reason. But it's on the list.

I, like you - love the Nassib era uni's. I'm not saying I like our current uniforms better than those. Let me repeat, I'm not saying I like our current uniforms better than those. I'm defended the right, however trampled and abused by Gross, for the AD to make changes to our brand to further our athletic interests and department in whatever way they see fit. Just because Gross couldn't get out of his own way does not mean that the next AD won't be able to balance our great history with swag for the kids.

If you want to make the argument that uni's are for fans then I can see that point of view. I don't love it, as I think it's a rather small thing to take a stand on. I'd prefer Robert Washington seeing himself in a jersey with the #44 on it that HE likes. If you want to make the case that the uni's we wore when we were nationally relevant are important to fans who remember those days - I'm right there with you. I just don't think that it trumps the power of the AD. Especially of a school who is not relevant. All hands on deck - do what you have to do to make a dent.