Orangeyes ...Sad news | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes ...Sad news

So sad. For those of you who know his family, please express the condolences for those of us here who don't. Though I only knew him only through this small, cyber world he always seemed so kind, fair-minded, thoughtful, and of course Orange-crazed.

I'm also very sorry to each of you who did go to games with him and knew him personally. God bless.

Unfortunately I never got a chance to meet Dan, but it felt like I knew him from the interaction with him and everyone else on this board. Our prayers go out to OrangeOnions and his family. The strange thing is I cried this morning for the loss.

I never met him him either, and have only been posting here since Feb, and I feel like I have known him for many years. This place won't be the same without him.

Not sure I have ever missed someone who I never actually met in person as much as I will miss OE. OrangeOnions, my thoughts, love and prayers to you and your family.
thumbsOE (2).jpg

Never had the chance to meet the man, but I greatly appreciated his contributions and support of the SU community.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and everyone he touched.

For those of you that we're close with Dan, please know that your stories about him are great to hear and help his incredible spirit live on. I appreciate them.

I only met Dan in person once at a football fan fest, but I followed him regularly here. His contributions to this board can not be measured. I am truly saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and all his friends.

Great guy who took his passion and made it an avocation, and by doing so provided a great service to this community that he was such a big part of growing and connecting. This group of knuckleheads was a big part of his life and I know he took pride in his part of it. And I know he truly appreciated when folks gave him kudo's, it meant a lot to him.

Always there with an introduction or a great story. He was a bit of a stalker, he would have made a great journalist. Dan didn't know what the word shy meant.

And nobody hit it straighter and he was a wizard on the greens.

I already posted in this thread. But it sounds weird to say for someone I never met, but I needed awhile to gather my thoughts. I've been here through several versions of the board. Apparently there were some versions that were more user-friendly for Dan to post his links than others were. I wouldn't know because even thinking of making one of those posts makes my head spin, let alone doing it every day. I can remember times where he apologized for the links being late because he lost the entire post and had to start all over. There were a few times where it seemed like Dan was about to snap and forget the whole thing but he was always back the next day no matter how hard it was to create his posts. I went to his profile. This is the last article compilation post that I could find. Keep in mind - he was in the hospital when he put all this together!

http://syracusefan.com/threads/saturday-articles.74880/

Then this is one of his posts in March - I think before he went into the hospital. This was in the heart of March Madness. Dan had the top three posts and I would say there were well over 100 links. He did photos and videos too. It may sound weird to say this but his posts were almost a work of art!

http://syracusefan.com/threads/wednesday-articles.72376/

Again - RIP Dan and my condolences to your family. You will truly be missed.

Last edited:
What horrible news. He's been in my thoughts and we were all hoping for a different outcome. Orangeyes will live on in the memories of all the fans on this board and the many friends he made along the way. My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family. Rest in peace Dan.

Only met OE once durning a Fan Fest, but had been a daily reader of the board. He met my daughter and I and years later still recalled that interaction. I am deeply saddened and will truely miss a great person and spirit. Rest easy OE...it has been a true honor and pleasure to have met you. R.I.P!!!