Oregon game? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Oregon game?

Can Red rock a cowboy hat and boots out there in Dakota? Coaches wear Hawaiian shirts in those Hawaii tourneys. Red Autry, new sheriff in town.

Last edited:

You guys all went for the head fake! Everyone knows the Pentagon is in DC!!

I bet The General had something to do with getting access to the Pentagon.

As others alluded to, maybe we are the odd man out this year in the ACC-SEC challenge and that's why this game was scheduled?
Maybe. I hope not.

I lived near Sioux falls for 8 years back in the mid to late 90's and early 2000. In fact when i retire its in my top 5 places to go back to. Its a much larger city than Syracuse population wise with about 200, 000 people, Its very modern even then . Citi Bank main office is located there for instance.

I watched several Sioux falls Sky Force basketball games there at the old Arena, One of their main players back then was a player we all knew and hated Georgetowns own Victor Page.

I Loved my time their with the no state income taxes, sales tax 6 percent , no car inspections, no motorcycle helmet laws. drive 75 MPH on the interstate. 300 sunny days a year. Great school and roads, Unlike here where they promised that the lottery would go towards schools and help with taxes, they have gambling and promised to use it for schools and roads and it actually goes to school improvements and road creations and maintaining them.

Easy place to get to by flight or car from Minneapolis.

I lived near Sioux falls for 8 years back in the mid to late 90's and early 2000. In fact when i retire its in my top 5 places to go back to. Its a much larger city than Syracuse population wise with about 200, 000 people, Its very modern even then . Citi Bank main office is located there for instance.

I watched several Sioux falls Sky Force basketball games there at the old Arena, One of their main players back then was a player we all knew and hated Georgetowns own Victor Page.

I Loved my time their with the no state income taxes, sales tax 6 percent , no car inspections, no motorcycle helmet laws. drive 75 MPH on the interstate. 300 sunny days a year. Great school and roads, Unlike here where they promised that the lottery would go towards schools and help with taxes, they have gambling and promised to use it for schools and roads and it actually goes to school improvements and road creations and maintaining them.

The city population might be about 30% higher than Syracuse, but the Syracuse metro area population is more than double that of Sioux Falls (690,000 to 280,000).

Yeah those mid west cities become no man’s land quick

Yeah there are basically no suburbs in Sioux Falls. Almost the entire populated area counts as within the city limits. Sioux Falls covers 73 square miles. Syracuse covers 26 square miles. If you triple the city limits of Syracuse, that population gap between the two cities will be made up for and then some.

Sorry for the thread derail.

Yeah there are basically no suburbs in Sioux Falls. Almost the entire populated area counts as within the city limits. Sioux Falls covers 73 square miles. Syracuse covers 26 square miles. If you triple the city limits of Syracuse, that population gap between the two cities will be made up for and then some.

Interesting that I90 runs just north of both cities. And they have almost the same latitude. Sister cities only 1249.6 miles apart.

All depends on preference. For those of us country folk I love that setup. Don't need suburbs :).

All depends on preference. For those of us country folk I love that setup. Don't need suburbs :).

Haha it's not that the suburbs don't exist in Sioux Falls, it's just that they are inside the city limits because those limits are so much larger than Syracuse. It'd be like if Camillus, Liverpool, East Syracuse, Fayetteville, Manlius, etc. were all just part of the city and not their own separate towns.

Except Sioux Falls has only gotten more than 50 inches of snow for a year once. That could be a good week in Syracuse.

The average winters are 6 degrees colder and the summers are 3 decrees hotter, though. Wikipedia describes Sioux Falls as having hot humid summers and cold dry winters.

No thanks.

(We really need Mintz to announce his decision so we can stop this meandering bs we are mired in.)

Ghost sounds like heaven!

Not sure why all the Walmart hate.

Going there at 7am is actually the best time. All stocked and the previous days nasty all cleaned up.

Guess it depends where you live. Not a single Walmart i would go back to around where I live now or before. Haven't ever done the 7am.. mainly due to that time not being reasonable with work schedules.

Thanks for the info

Yes, Sioux Falls actually has grown a lot the last 30 years.

The only quibble is Syracuse's urban area more than double of Sioux Falls.

I just saw your post...after I posted

My geography background got triggered about the population number comparison in Don's post. ;-)

Can Red rock a cowboy hat and boots out there in Dakota? Coaches wear Hawaiian shirts in those Hawaii tourneys. Red Autry, new sheriff in town.
Just find the old Dome Ranger and borrow his duds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom