OT. Belichick out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT. Belichick out

Yes. I’ve heard that story. I look forward to watching the Apple TV documentary.

Brady’s imposter syndrome is what made him the monster he became. The guy always found something to motivate himself. A combination of that and Bill’s culture of accountability made everyone step their game up.
I love that story. Brady worked harder than ANYONE. Bill put him in the position to have a very well coached team around him. They won with soooo many average players, people forget. 2 of the best to EVER do it. NFL won't be the same without them.

Side note. I wonder if the NFL will ever have the sheer # of OUTSTANDING QBs playing at the same time as they did from 2000-2020. Soooo many great QBs.

I love that story. Brady worked harder than ANYONE. Bill put him in the position to have a very well coached team around him. They won with soooo many average players, people forget. 2 of the best to EVER do it. NFL won't be the same without them.

Side note. I wonder if the NFL will ever have the sheer # of OUTSTANDING QBs playing at the same time as they did from 2000-2020. Soooo many great QBs.
There were many great defensive and special teams players. Average wr's and RB's for sure. Had a goat TE. Remember they didnt win SB's with their most talented wr's. They won with gritty guys that bought in.

I think QB play will continue to be good or better. There is so much that goes into the position. SO much invested. Some of these kids have trainers at age 10. Throughout HS they attend QB camps, showcases, 7v7 events etc.. It allow these kids to get so many reps at a young age.

There were many great defensive and special teams players. Average wr's and RB's for sure. Had a goat TE. Remember they didnt win SB's with their most talented wr's. They won with gritty guys that bought in.

I think QB play will continue to be good or better. There is so much that goes into the position. SO much invested. Some of these kids have trainers at age 10. Throughout HS they attend QB camps, showcases, 7v7 events etc.. It allow these kids to get so many reps at a young age.

I may just be doing the old guy thing... In MY day... lol

Brady vs. Manning should have always been a National Holiday. (Same deal with Belichick vs. Dungy or Andy Reid) Drew Brees, Favre. Throw in some backups with Rodgers, Rivers, Stafford, and fill out the practice squad with Big Ben, Ryan, Eli... A lot of those guys went against Mahommes, too which is awesome.
I guess only time will tell if the new crop of QBs will hit those #'s. Mahommes will. Of the top 11 passing yards? Only Marino snuck in at #8 with those guys...Crazy to have watched all those guys compete against each other.

Bill Belichick has been in my life longer than my marriage and I got married month after 9/11. The man has provided me more sports entertainment than I could ever imagine after dealing with the 80s/90s as a Patriots fan.

With regards to a Syracuse slant it was never lost on me that the Patriots success and Syracuse success rarely overlaps. One year that it did was 96 and Parcells ruined it by negotiating with the Jets behind their back.

Karmically I think it's time now for Syracuse to rise again while the Patriots hibernate once more. Early 90s was a great Syracuse era, horrific for the Patriots. late 90s was great Syracuse era, very mediocre for the Patriots.

There will never be enough Bill Belichick again. What a run of excellence.

I may just be doing the old guy thing... In MY day... lol

Brady vs. Manning should have always been a National Holiday. (Same deal with Belichick vs. Dungy or Andy Reid) Drew Brees, Favre. Throw in some backups with Rodgers, Rivers, Stafford, and fill out the practice squad with Big Ben, Ryan, Eli... A lot of those guys went against Mahommes, too which is awesome.
I guess only time will tell if the new crop of QBs will hit those #'s. Mahommes will. Of the top 11 passing yards? Only Marino snuck in at #8 with those guys...Crazy to have watched all those guys compete against each other.
Thats the truth. Its sad to see that era go. As a kid I enjoyed the class with Eason, Marino Elway Kelly and them. It all evolves but it doesnt change the impact those guys made on us.

Take Tom Brady out of the equation and he’s been a losing coach. His record without Brady was 84-103 and absolutely terrible football. Tom made him look like a genius

It’s easy to forget now how controversial his decision to stick with Brady when Bledsoe was healthy was. I’d like to peek in on the universe where he made the easy call to go back to Bledsoe to see how differently things turn out for him, Brady, Bledsoe, the Patriots - and the NFL as whole.

GREAT COACH, GREAT MAN! What a record and legacy he leaves. Amazing. Of course having Brady as his QB was quite an asset.

Take Tom Brady out of the equation and he’s been a losing coach. His record without Brady was 84-103 and absolutely terrible football. Tom made him look like a genius
Yup. He should have sailed off to network cable when Tom went and won at Tampa Bay.

He is the greatest beneficiary of an All-Time great QB in history.

Walsh won with multiple (HoF) QBs he drafted and coached.

Shula won with multiple QBs

GREAT COACH, GREAT MAN! What a record and legacy he leaves. Amazing. Of course having Brady as his QB was quite an asset.

When Dan Shaugnessy asked red Auerbach if you would have won so many championships without bill russell…red responded “what is your point again?”

It’s part of the greatness to sustain a great player playing great and providing players to supplement.

In 2008 when Brady was injured in Week 1, the Pats went 11-5, and shockingly didn't make the playoffs (almost any other year they would have). In 2021 they scrounged together a playoff bid with rookie Mac Jones and almost won the AFC East.

This is why BB is the best coach of all time.

Crazy enough, Brady didn’t call the coverage or make the interception on this play.

This is why BB is the best coach of all time.

Crazy enough, Brady didn’t call the coverage or make the interception on this play.

People can say all they want about Seattle not running the ball but Bill baiting them to run this play and Butler executed it when it mattered most

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom