Class of 2023 - OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 OT/DT Naquil Betrand (PA / MD) Portal from Texas A&M to Bama

There’s people here with very good track records of having information, even the people who get paid to be in the know get things wrong. This wasn’t even them getting it “wrong” per se, as someone mentioned above something was said and another thing was done.
Yes I’m aware of what happened I read above Obviously these kids can change their minds suddenly for a variety of reasons

Help me to understand why you thought to post this? Are you upset that people who provide you with information at no charge, got one wrong? Is it your belief that you deserve better and that they have let you down? What is it that made you post this? I have no inside info on football. I do in hoop. And I have stopped telling everything I hear here because of posts like yours?
I personally don't think what he said was the biggest deal. It's okay to not always be right.

I personally don't think what he said was the biggest deal. It's okay to not always be right.
That’s what I thought too. Not sure why some seem to seek controversy for the smallest issues. I was actually surprised they were wrong as they have not been all along

There was no need for the post. We knew we didn't get him. Why point out someone was wrong? The answer is, the more posts like that one, the less information does get shared here. That is a fact because I have shared less because of posts just like this one. Well done.

That’s what I thought too. Not sure why some seem to seek controversy for the smallest issues. I was actually surprised they were wrong as they have not been all along
Yeah, that is what I do. I look to seek out controversy. Like pointing out that someone was wrong for absolutely no reason and no purpose.

We just lost a recruit to Alabama… and we’re all mad as all get out because we expected to win.

Read that sentence again.

Take a swig of good whiskey, get back on that horse, because this is where we are. Welcome to the big time, baby.

In Fran I trust.

Lost the battle, not the war. Onwards.

War damn Otto.

Because pointing out how wrong they are makes people with info less encouraged to share.
The reason I get worked up about posts like this is because I can name a number of really good posters who had information who have left us because of the way that some posters, not this guy, treated them when they were incorrect. It just isn't necessary.

I still don’t understand how people don’t understand how information could be true at the time it’s shared and quickly change. It’s so simple. I guess some posters are even simpler.
Well I mean we’re talking about recruiting against the top 10 programs in the country. This is the reality of going against programs like this. It’s not your hay until it’s in the barn.

The reason I get worked up about posts like this is because I can name a number of really good posters who had information who have left us because of the way that some posters, not this guy, treated them when they were incorrect. It just isn't necessary.
To me it sounds like they're mad they arent the one sharing the info. So they seek out haha moments when someone's info doesnt check out.

He didn't even single out someone in his original post. Really not a big deal.
It’s a big deal, because a big part of what makes this board great is the amount of posters that we have that are connected and pass along information when they can. When they are called out and/ir questioned, for whatever reason, they stop posting. It’s frustrating. We’ve watched it happen for 20+ years. They should believe it or not, but shut the hell up. Just my opinion.

It’s a big deal, because a big part of what makes this board great is the amount of posters that we have that are connected and pass along information when they can. When they are called out and/ir questioned, for whatever reason, they stop posting. It’s frustrating. We’ve watched it happen for 20+ years. They should believe it or not, but shut the hell up. Just my opinion.

But he didn't call anyone out. And everyone giving it all this attention is the thing that will drive people away.

But he didn't call anyone out. And everyone giving it all this attention is the thing that will drive people away.
No. You are wrong. As I said earlier, and those of us that have been here a very long time, remember really good posters, with solid information, that have just quit this board because they felt they were rather rudely treated when their info turned out to be incorrect. It happened to me when the info was correct. Just no good reason for it. And this is really a message about the future. There is no reason to complain when someone posts something that later turns out not to be true.

I agree. When I joined 10 years ago there was A LOT more inside info shared. Practically what got me addicted to checking the board 30 times a day

Don’t try to spin this. People that give info just told you they are less reluctant now and it’s not because people are addressing the issue.

OK but it does say a lot about those people.

Glad for the info shared by anyone big or little right or wrong.

OK but it does say a lot about those people.

Glad for the info shared by anyone big or little right or wrong.
By “those people”, do you mean the insiders? I believe you’re right, they have NEVER been under any obligation to share the information they received, but they did to help those of us that don’t have their connections. That was quite kind of them, no? If/when they stop, it is because they were hassled for their kindness. Can’t blame them, right?

Last edited:
The comment “the insiders got this one wrong” was rude, maybe he didn’t meant it, maybe he did, we can’t judge the intent but I would have taken some offense if I was an “insider” as well.

There are several posters who obviously have inside knowledge both Football and Basketball. If comments like that keep them from sharing information…dude who posted it, man up and apologize, is it worth losing inside info if it offends, which you have to admit, is a valid point.

I don’t know Dasher at all, but I do know he is definitely one of the posters in the basketball forum that when he posts info, he has a pretty impressive track record, so maybe take what he’s saying to heart.

By “those people”, do you mean the insiders? I believe you’re right, they have NEVER been under any obligation to share the information they received, but the did to help those of us that don’t have their connections. That was quite kind of them, no? If/when they stop, it is because they hassled for their kindness. Can’t blame them, right?

No one should be forced to share any information they may or may not have I agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom