OT: I'm going to be an ACC blogger this year... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: I'm going to be an ACC blogger this year...

Can you do an article to ESPN asking what how far does Syracuse's home court advantage go? "Will ESPN consider a Syracuse game in Chapel Hill a home game?"

How about an article about our first attempt to join the acc versus this go around

This latest expansion process didn't have the governor of Virginia holding a gun to UVa's head. You probably would have been in VPI's slot in the Coastal Division w/BC as your designated rival.

This latest expansion process didn't have the governor of Virginia holding a gun to UVa's head. You probably would have been in VPI's slot in the Coastal Division w/BC as your designated rival.
I'm aware, just thought it would be a decent article to inform ACC fans who don't know and think we are some outsiders (which we are but not as far out as they think)

I'm aware, just thought it would be a decent article to inform ACC fans who don't know and think we are some outsiders (which we are but not as far out as they think)

Agree 100%. A lot of folks should know what happened and why back then because the memories are fading. Believe me when I tell you, we UVa fans really wanted you folks to be included in the first expansion and not "Cousin Eddie". We've been playing each other for almost 20 years in MLax and it's a shame it's taken this long for it to happen in the other sports.

Agree 100%. A lot of folks should know what happened and why back then because the memories are fading. Believe me when I tell you, we UVa fans really wanted you folks to be included in the first expansion and not "Cousin Eddie". We've been playing each other for almost 20 years in MLax and it's a shame it's taken this long for it to happen in the other sports.
Cousin Eddie. I don't know why, but I love that.

How about the fall of Wake Forest since the tragic death of Skip Prosser?

Best current brother tandems in NCAA. Harrisons, Grants, etc

Last edited:
I really liked your article. If you are still looking for suggestions, I think a piece on rivalries or potential rivalries in the new ACC would be interesting. After all, there's more to the league than Duke vs UNC!

Yes, I would love to learn more about this particular season-ending rivalry:

Sun March 9, 2014
2:00 p.m.
Syracuse University at Florida State University
Donald Tucker Center
Tallahassee, FL
TV: ACC Network

Must be a rivalry due to the defensive mindset of the teams.

How about a series profiling 1 or 2 assistant coaches from every ACC team? Cover 2 or 3 teams per article and you could get 4 or 5 articles. Pedigree, tenure, likelihood of HC timeframe at current school or elsewhere, best know for recruiting/defense/guards/skill development, how different staffs mesh or clash, etc.

or

Profile / rate the "Marshall Street" area of each campus.

or

The Name Game - how each school / mascott got its nickname, or something interesting from school's history.

Thanks for the continued suggestions.

Here's my first attempt at one of those "slideshows"...

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-bask...hings-to-watch-for-in-acc-on-opening-weekend/

I know, everyone hates slideshows. But hey, it means more ad revenue, which means, in turn, more $ for me in the long run if people actually read through the full thing. I'm contractually required to make one per week once the season officially starts.

Which, holy crap, is Friday.

Interview CTO about the time she called out Father Leahy of Boston College to his face after BC jumped to the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom