OT - Manziel | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Manziel

How about the fact that he doesnt have good throwing mechanics, he isnt fast enough to get around NFL defenses..and the fact that he is 5'9

Per all official releases, he's 6'1. Yeah I don't buy that, either, but you can't say "fact" he's 5'9. You have no proof of that.

Also, I think you are confused when you say "fact" he doesn't have good throwing mechanics, again, that's your opinion.

Per most NFL mocks he's a 2nd rd pick. Eric Crouch wasn't even selected in the NFL as a QB. Your comparison...not so good. Tebow would've been better

Doug Flutie type to me. Heck of a player and he has to be ready for the press build em up to knock em down game.

How about the fact that he doesnt have good throwing mechanics, he isnt fast enough to get around NFL defenses..and the fact that he is 5'9

He throws a very catchable ball and puts deep throws on the money. I've nevery heard any issues regarding his mechanics or arm strength. He's also fast enough to get around SEC defenses, so I think that speed will translate. He is short though, so I'll give you that.

Per all official releases, he's 6'1. Yeah I don't buy that, either, but you can't say "fact" he's 5'9. You have no proof of that.

Also, I think you are confused when you say "fact" he doesn't have good throwing mechanics, again, that's your opinion.

Per most NFL mocks he's a 2nd rd pick. Eric Crouch wasn't even selected in the NFL as a QB. Your comparison...not so good. Tebow would've been better
TEBOW is 2 feet taller and MUCH stronger. Not a good comparison. Your boy jonnie football has the frame of a kicker. Zero chance in the nfl as a qb.

TEBOW is 2 feet taller and MUCH stronger. Not a good comparison. Your boy jonnie football has the frame of a kicker. Zero chance in the nfl as a qb.

Tim Tebow is 8 feet tall and shoots bolts of lightning from his arse!

HAHA...trust me..Im not a fan of Tebow..and the fact that he still thinks he has a chance to play QB in the nfl makes me laugh..but he is still leagues above jonny autograph.

I just thought it was funny that you said Tebow is 2 FEET taller than Manziel. I knew it was a typo, but still.

Not my boy. Just going by actual facts and not hyperbole and opinion.

Again, most draftniks have Manziel in the top 2 rounds of the draft. So your claim of zero chance in the nfl as a qb is simply not true. Unless what you actually mean is "he won't be good in the NFL". I can accept THAT. But Eric Crouch was never drafted as a QB nor played QB in the NFL. I don't see the comparison at all.

im comparing what you CAN compare them with.. Manziel is in college..when crouch was in college he was the same player but probably a better runner and similar throwing abilities. i KNOW crouch never got drafted as a qb in the nfl...neither with Manziel, and if he does get drafted as a qb he will never start. That is my point.

im comparing what you CAN compare them with.. Manziel is in college..when crouch was in college he was the same player but probably a better runner and similar throwing abilities. i KNOW crouch never got drafted as a qb in the nfl...neither with Manziel, and if he does get drafted as a qb he will never start. That is my point.

During his career at Nebraska, Crouch had 606 passing attempts and 4,481 passing yards. In one year, Manziel had 434 attempts and 3,706 yards. Crouch completed 55.6% of his passes (his career high) his SR year. Manziel completed 68.0% of his passes his RS Frosh year!

It's really not even close.

Its close. They dont run the same kind of offense so that argument doesn't hold water. Look at mechanics, body size and mechanics. SAME QB essentially.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...nner-flaws-of-fans-clay-travis-opinion-090213

I'm an Aggie fan in addition to being an SU fan (I'd root for SU over aTm any day, like I did during that Sweet 16 loss in '06?), so I defend Johnny, warts and all, because he's one of my guys - and because he WINS.

Anyway, interested to hear what you guys think. I will say that what I saw on Saturday against Rice wasn't all that different than what I saw all last year. The difference is last year, ESPN called it being confident. This year, ESPN calls it being immature and selfish.

trust fund brat who's never heard the word "no" in his life. He'll crash and burn in the NFL.

I think he definitely has NFL potential.

There are a couple excellent QBs in the NFL right now, but after the top 7 or so, there is a HUGE drop off. Manziel still needs a lot of experience, but when you look at some of the QBs that are starting in the NFL this year, I think it's hard to argue that he doesn't have the potential to be better than them.

I think he could easily be better than these players that will start at QB in 2013 and *might* be better than some right now (I'm looking at you Gabbert, Smith, Locker, and Tuel)

- Blaine Gabbert
- Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez
- Jake Locker
- Jeff Tuel
- Tyrell Pryor or Matt Flynn
- Ryan Tannehill
- Brandon Weeden
- Josh Freeman
- Christian Ponder

As a full disclaimer though, I am a big Johnny Football fan. I don't envy his life though. Hell, he went to a frat party in Austin, people were being a*holes to him, and all of the ESPN shows still talked about it for a full day.

Yeah, he does stupid stuff, but it's not much worse than a lot of college kids.

I'd be surprised if he ever amounts to more than Tannehill or Freeman, and maybe Weeden. The others are possibilities though.

There's a number of QBs that are far better prospects than him that will be in the draft this year though. Bridgewater, Boyd, and Murray to name a few. I think all three of those guys are better right now than all but the three that I mentioned before.

Edit: And I know Weeden hasn't proven anything yet, but I think he'll show a lot of improvement this year.

Edit x2: And I agree with someone else that compared him to Flutie. A lot of similarities between the two IMO.

I'd be surprised if he ever amounts to more than Tannehill or Freeman, and maybe Weeden. The others are possibilities though.

There's a number of QBs that are far better prospects than him that will be in the draft this year though. Bridgewater, Boyd, and Murray to name a few. I think all three of those guys are better right now than all but the three that I mentioned before.

Murray pees his pants when the pocket gets tight.

Might be true right now, but a guy with his arm and athletic ability is very attractive for an NFL QB.

Edit: And I actually don't even think that's true. He's never seemed too bad against the blitz to me, and the following scouting report actually praises him for his ability to succeed against the blitz.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...emson-features-top-qbs-tajh-boyd-aaron-murray

How 'bout that? I guess his 3-11 record against ranked opponents tainted my view of his ability to handle pressure. Well, I don't think Manziel is a first round prospect anyway, so once you get past that it's splitting hairs. I do think he's an awesome college player and I have a hundy on aTm winning the NC at 10-1 odds, so I've got that going for me.

original.gif

I can't believe I missed this play in the game last week. Wow.
original.gif