OT - NBA Trade Deadline... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT - NBA Trade Deadline...

id rather have brandon knight than mcw + TE

I'm not sure if next year is possible without grabbing a couple of really good free agents. They have the money so I guess it can happen.

Next year will be Embiid's first year, they have one lotto pick over seas still, 4 first round picks in the next draft, all of them top 20 picks. They're going to be incredibly young even for 2017.

I will say I'm extremely intrigued how it will pan out I'm Philly.

Saric comes over, at latest, 2016-17. That year they will definitely be competing. As it stands next season they are going to have Noel and Embiid definitely. With their wealth of picks they're going to fill every other hole. They're going to go out and try to win next year I think. If there's a good free agent on the market this year I think they go for it.

What a BIZARRE trade.

Knight was just hitting his stride.

That being said. Milwaukee's length with Giannis, Middleton, Henson, and now MCW is ridiculous

And if Larry sanders had a brain...him too

Saric comes over, at latest, 2016-17. That year they will definitely be competing. As it stands next season they are going to have Noel and Embiid definitely. With their wealth of picks they're going to fill every other hole. They're going to go out and try to win next year I think. If there's a good free agent on the market this year I think they go for it.
What good free agent is going to Philly to play with a youth squad?

Brian Windhorst might be the most useless insider ever. Listening to him talk about Philly having 8'draft picks in this draft like that is great is amazing. He doesn't get that Lakers pick is unlikely to go to Philly this year.
The Lakers suck and play in the West and should finish bottom 3 with New York and Minnesota in the standings. Teams will have to jump them at the lottery to get that pick this year.
Philly won't be good unless they win the lottery and an elite player is in the draft.

I'm not sure Ainge's approach is working either. All depends on which team ends up with the higher picks the next two years.
Ainge stole Isiah Thomas and has moves in him. I think Boogie Cousins will end up in Boston before too long. I like the C's in 5yrs more than Philly.

Ainge stole Isiah Thomas and has moves in him. I think Boogie Cousins will end up in Boston before too long. I like the C's in 5yrs more than Philly.

One problem with that- Boogie hated Thomas. That's how he ended up in Phoenix in the first place. Ainge might have moves, but he put his team in position to finish 8th this year, which kind of defeats his whole purpose. It's definitely a wait and see for both franchises right now. Boston in in better shape now, but winning games this year might not help them out.

Philly is a joke.

This isn't a plan. Hinkie is the mad scientist who keeps f*****ng everything up but people are like this is so stupid it must be smart?

It's quite brilliant. The never-ending rebuild...fans love draft picks. He can keep his jobs for decades just based on all this. Trade Noel next year...start again. We'll get a better version with one of our next 5 first round picks!

It's quite brilliant. The never-ending rebuild...fans love draft picks. He can keep his jobs for decades just based on all this. Trade Noel next year...start again. We'll get a better version with one of our next 5 first round picks!
I like this infinitly more than what they've done for the past 14 years. We'll all assess in 1-1.5 years and then stick with it or dump him.

If the Sixers don't get that Lakers pick this year that trade is ridiculous. The Lakers will likely be better next year and its still top 3 protected next year. MCW has had to carry that team and is why some of his numbers are inflated and poor in both directions.

What happens if Mudiay and Russel are gone when Philly drafts? Pick another big man and run onto the court like the Monstars? Trade Noel for a future pick?

Can still get a SF like Johnson, Oubre, or Winslow this year. The Lakers might go spend on someone but we all know it's not going to be easy for them to land a star as long as Kobe is there and insists on being the main guy.

Clearly Philly's plan is to try and play the lottery odds in the hopes of doing what OKC was able to do...not sure it's the best plan, but they are committed to it.

You know they can also trade some picks for already proven players

Can still get a SF like Johnson, Oubre, or Winslow this year. The Lakers might go spend on someone but we all know it's not going to be easy for them to land a star as long as Kobe is there and insists on being the main guy.

Clearly Philly's plan is to try and play the lottery odds in the hopes of doing what OKC was able to do...not sure it's the best plan, but they are committed to it.
Johnson, Oubre and Winslow are all MCW caliber prospects. The same MCW they traded for that pick, if they get the pick this year. Could be very good but not the transcendental talent Philly is on some eternal search for. They just better hope they are able to get Mudiay or Russell.

You know they can also trade some picks for already proven players
tumblr_m22jdjByCT1qjncju.gif

I was going to post this as an OT on the Basketball Board but i'm on my work computer and for some glitchy reason it won't allow me to post topics on here.

As we all talk about trades and look at players like commodities, this is a very good read on what it's like to be one of those "commodities".

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/nba-trade-deadline-patrick-patterson/

I was going to post this as an OT on the Basketball Board but i'm on my work computer and for some glitchy reason it won't allow me to post topics on here.

As we all talk about trades and look at players like commodities, this is a very good read on what it's like to be one of those "commodities".

That was a phenomenal read. I've never been a fan of that player, but I am much more after reading that article--very well written and thoughtful.

That's a fantastic piece. Thanks.

I always try to remember to think about that stuff when I see rumors...it's like when people were sh1tting on Bosh or Melo for not leaving this last off season. Maybe they like living in NY and Miami vs wherever? Where you live is a pretty important deal for the rest of the world..why not them?

Brian Windhorst might be the most useless insider ever. Listening to him talk about Philly having 8'draft picks in this draft like that is great is amazing. He doesn't get that Lakers pick is unlikely to go to Philly this year.
The Lakers suck and play in the West and should finish bottom 3 with New York and Minnesota in the standings. Teams will have to jump them at the lottery to get that pick this year.
Philly won't be good unless they win the lottery and an elite player is in the draft.

He's just at ESPN to cover Lebron and Cleveland. That's all hes good for.

This is just wrong, other than the "bad" part. They're gonna have to convert the assets at some point, but they're building a strong position to do it. They're differentiating themselves from how everybody else is trying. That could be a major competitive advantage.

Except that some of these guys are going to be ready to test the waters in a couple of years. If the Sixers are doing well, nobody will stay. Seems like you have visions of Golden State, but that is rare. See Minn...or Portland.

This is especially hilarious because Windhorst was just on SVP & Russilo talking about how he thought the 76ers and Suns were the big losers of the day yesterday. Saying at some point, if Philly keeps doing stuff like this, rookies will refuse to sign with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom