OT - Pay Pal Cal wants NCAA to make changes... | Syracusefan.com

OT - Pay Pal Cal wants NCAA to make changes...

Deano

All American
This guy is amazing on some of the things he wants changed. Me believe it's maybe because the schools he's been at and currently at, do some of this so he wants to make himself look the good guy as always.

The few things I loved he said was -
Players should receive a stipend between $3,000 to $5,000;

Athletes should be able to accept loans up to $50,000 against future earnings;

I believe players at UK get that now before and after they sign.

Really wish this scumbag would leave the NCAA and go back to the NBA.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ipari-likens-ncaa-dying-soviet-union-new-book

This guy is amazing on some of the things he wants changed. Me believe it's maybe because the schools he's been at and currently at, do some of this so he wants to make himself look the good guy as always.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ipari-likens-ncaa-dying-soviet-union-new-book
His players at UMass were getting those big loans from agents. That's why his FF appearance was vacated.

He just wants to legalize what he is doing already, that way there will be no chance of getting caught again.

Yeah he did exactly this at UMASS. Figures.

Of course booster controlled banks are NOT going to favor their booster schools when giving these loans to people with little or no NBA chance. I'm SURE the big schools would not unfairly benefit when every UK player will get this loan which will of course be later forgiven, while other schools will struggle to get even one of their players credit approved by the bank. Nope, no chance.

These proposals make a lot of sense to me. I think they do a good job of navigating a middle ground of giving the players some money without turning this into a wholesale professional sport. The loan against future earnings and insurance provisions are creative ways of dealing with a problem everyone raises when paying players come up: how do you make it so that the twelfth guy on the bench isn't getting the same treatment as the superstars?

Even his USSR analogy is pretty good. Institutions often seem like they'll last forever until all of a sudden they don't/

Deano said:
This guy is amazing on some of the things he wants changed. Me believe it's maybe because the schools he's been at and currently at, do some of this so he wants to make himself look the good guy as always. The few things I loved he said was - Players should receive a stipend between $3,000 to $5,000; Athletes should be able to accept loans up to $50,000 against future earnings; I believe players at UK get that now before and after they sign. Really wish this scumbag would leave the NCAA and go back to the NBA. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ipari-likens-ncaa-dying-soviet-union-new-book

Why is he a scumbag because he thinks guys who generate hundreds of millions of dollars deserve to get a little money? Why shouldn't they get loans off of future earnings?

It's an opinion, don't understand why he's a scumbag for it. Etan Thomas feels the same way and posts it on his Facebook often, is he a scumbag too?

Why is he a scumbag because he thinks guys who generate hundreds of millions of dollars deserve to get a little money? Why shouldn't they get loans off of future earnings?

It's an opinion, don't understand why he's a scumbag for it. Etan Thomas feels the same way and posts it on his Facebook often, is he a scumbag too?

Are you familiar with title nine?

No problem with players getting compensated a standard very limited amount. You seriously don't see any issue with loans where the boosters will just open up their pockets for these "loans"? "Oh oops I totally forgot to collect that loan! Guess that's the benefit of going to UK! Hold on I need to loan 50K to each of the 4 incoming freshman."

two3zone said:
Why is he a scumbag because he thinks guys who generate hundreds of millions of dollars deserve to get a little money? Why shouldn't they get loans off of future earnings? It's an opinion, don't understand why he's a scumbag for it. Etan Thomas feels the same way and posts it on his Facebook often, is he a scumbag too?

He's scum because he already does it and currently it's against the rules. He proved that at UMass.

rrlbees said:
He's scum because he already does it and currently it's against the rules. He proved that at UMass.

Currently doing it? Are we still breaking the rules because we did awhile back?

If Cal is such a scumbag, why does JB seem to always take his calls re: the zone and other basketball issues, and then relay that fact to the media?

If Cal is such a scumbag, why does JB seem to always take his calls re: the zone and other basketball issues, and then relay that fact to the media?
Read Bees reply up above and that will answer why he's a scumbag.

Also, can you also let me know what happened at Memphis once he left and they found out someone else took D. Rose ACT test?

rrlbees said:
WWW anyone?

Link me to what he has slapped with while at Kentucky. I must be misinformed because I haven't heard anything.

This guy is the most investigated coach probably in the history of the game. The whole UK program as well. Why hasn't he been caught then?

I admit I don't know the "true facts" behind UMASS and Memphis, but I'd wager all my money that nobody here does either. From my understanding, UMASS largely revolved around Camby signing with and/or taking payments from an agent while still in school. Memphis, meanwhile, was largely the Derrick Rose affair.

It's basic knowledge that Cal was not directly implicated by the NCAA in either occurrence. The UMASS-agent thing was likely part and parcel with the times, occurring right around the time of the Fab 5 scandal, Rob Johnson, the rise of the shoe companies, etc... It's easier in my opinion to envision Cal's involvement in the Rose affair, but at the end of the day it seems surprising that no one would have blown the whistle on him. You'd think a disgruntled Memphis booster or someone with enough clout could dig up some dirt.

rrlbees said:
Lol.

Lol? What's funny? What has he been slapped with at Kentucky? I should be lol'ing you because you're making things up right now.

It's well documented that a dirty agent was giving Camby money and hookers so that he could represent him when he turned pro. Misrepresenting the truth while calling someone scum is a bad look.

two3zone said:
Lol? What's funny? What has he been slapped with at Kentucky? I should be lol'ing you because you're making things up right now.

You're probably a Lou Holtz fan too.

rrlbees said:
You're probably a Lou Holtz fan too.

Do you ever post with facts or points or just do quick one liners trying to make somebody look stupid. I asked you an honest question. You said he's cheating now, I asked for a link, you don't provide one and tell me I'm a Lou Holtz fan. What gives?

two3zone said:
Do you ever post with facts or points or just do quick one liners trying to make somebody look stupid. I asked you an honest question. You said he's cheating now, I asked for a link, you don't provide one and tell me I'm a Lou Holtz fan. What gives?

Yea, it's all over the Internet. Link? There's about 10 people in the world that don't think Cal has people doing his dirty work. And the Holtz reference very appropriate. If you don't know his history you should check it out. Cal is very Holtz like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom