OT-Richard Sherman=classless punk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT-Richard Sherman=classless punk

63331_10202440763654552_1561757856_n.jpg

I didn't say he was stupid. I didn't say anything about anything like that. I did say it is very easy to be a good winner. He couldn't do that. I think he is an asshat.

You aren't the only person in this thread, dasher. My initial post was directly specifically as someone who was suggesting he was stupid

We want these guys to be superheroes and characters...and then we get pious about how they behave. They're entertainers. Let's expect class from teachers, policemen, politicians, etc...and not worry about what athletes say. It doesn't impact anybody.

djcon57 said:
Not necessarily.
I wouldn't say he's stupid because of an interview.

Saying someone probably couldn't get into Stanford doesn't meant they're stupid. A lot of incredibly intelligent people couldn't get into Stanford.

Also there's a post on Deadspin linked to the story about his antics tonight that shows an email purportedly written by him without grammar or punctuation.

There's a myth out there that athletes go through the same admission process to get into Stanford as other students. It's been repeated enough that I assumed it was true. I don't assume that any more.

We want these guys to be superheroes and characters...and then we get pious about how they behave. They're entertainers. Let's expect class from teachers, policemen, politicians, etc...and not worry about what athletes say. It doesn't impact anybody.

Seriously? You don't think that was just a wee bit over the line? There's a difference b/w expecting everyone to act like Peyton Manning and Allan Houston and expecting a guy to act like a human being on National TV after his team WON a huge game.

Last edited:
djcon57 said:
He was actually #2 ranked student in his high school w/ a 4.2 GPA, but...yelled into mic (without cursing) 10 seconds after playing a 3 hr highly intense football game which ended with the biggest play in his career vs an opponent who might have been talking crap to him the whole game. ...so obviously he's an idiot. Really sad commentary here.

Sad. But not surprising.

Seriously? You don't think that was over the line? There's a difference b/w expecting class and expecting a guy to act like a human being on National TV after his team WON a huge game.
Over the line is somebody getting a dwi or battering women. Leonard Little and Stallworth should rot. All things being equal, I'd prefer the classy athlete...but I'm totally neutral on the rest. Not a fan but just don't care. It's an entertainment industry. If he was on our team, we'd like it or at least tolerate it. Would be hypocritical to get pious.

Over the line is somebody getting a dwi or battering women. Leonard Little and Stallworth should rot. All things being equal, I'd prefer the classy athlete...but I'm totally neutral on the rest. Not a fan but just don't care. It's an entertainment industry. If he was on our team, we'd like it or at least tolerate it. Would be hypocritical to get pious.

Speak for yourself. I would be embarrassed if an SU athlete pulled that.

I just think they should have let Pam Oliver and her freaky wig do the interview. OK, I just said that because well, what the heck is up with that wig? ;)

Hope any kids watching see him as everything not to be and I was actually rooting for Seattle. Great game-disappointed he tried to become the story the wrong way.

Absolutely. Kids shouldn't aspire to be have a 4.2 GPA , graduate from Stanford and then be one of the best cover corners in the NFL. :noidea:

So what I am getting from this thread is if you are successful you can act any dang well you please in public? Interesting comment about our society today.

Speak for yourself. I would be embarrassed if an SU athlete pulled that.
I'm embarrassed about Tommy Kane. If we were told we were getting a top notch student who played talked a lot of trash, we'd embrace it.

So what I am getting from this thread is if you are successful you can act any dang well you please in public? Interesting comment about our society today.
Is it "in public" or is it "on stage"? If he talks to a cab driver like that, I'd have an opinion. He was given the mic because that's exactly what fox wanted to happen!

Absolutely. Kids shouldn't aspire to be have a 4.2 GPA , graduate from Stanford and then be one of the best cover corners in the NFL. :noidea:

Honestly.. what kid would get that from seeing Shermans antics? An education and high GPA is useless without respect. That kind of stuff ends up hurting you in the long run and pushing someone without that same education on a path to do something dumb that hurts you a lot more than the disrespect sherman dished out.

He's a self promoting tool. And instead of everyone talking about his team and their amazing accomplishment, they are talking about him. Congrats to Dick Sherman, he gets what he wanted.

Timonen said:
Is it "in public" or is it "on stage"? If he talks to a cab driver like that, I'd have an opinion. He was given the mic because that's exactly what fox wanted to happen!

I actually am taking back what I initially thought of him and was absolutely wrong. The more I read about him the more he is pretty awesome and the hand wringing and pearl clutching sanctimony (that I sadly contributed to) coupled with nasty racism (Deadspin has some choice Twitter reactions) puts me firmly on his side.

And Erin Andrews's reaction was priceless.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

Sherman explains his actions.

And for the sake of this thread I'm in the Pro-Sherman camp. Can't let one aspect of his personality overshadow his other qualities.

Were you embarrassed when TV cameras caught Shafer dropping f bombs left and right on Dabo Sweeney?

EDIT: If you dislike Sherman, this is ok right?

fucuse.gif

Last edited:
He was actually #2 ranked student in his high school w/ a 4.2 GPA, but...yelled into mic (without cursing) 10 seconds after playing a 3 hr highly intense football game which ended with the biggest play in his career vs an opponent who might have been talking crap to him the whole game.
...so obviously he's an idiot.

Really sad commentary here.

this board is very racist, can't expect better

The media chastises LeBron for not being passionate enough but when a guy shows emotion after sending his team to the Super Bowl he is a punk.

The media chastises LeBron for not being passionate enough but when a guy shows emotion after sending his team to the Super Bowl he is a punk.

I don't have an issue if you want to call him a punk, classless, a self promoting tool, etc

I do have a problem questioning his intelligence or labeling him a thug or worse (which wasn't done here, but just go on twitter. Pretty easy to find.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom