OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

What do you think about this? Lot of talent there but he seems to wear out his welcome similar to Richie and I worry about his staying healthy also.

Eh im kind of indifferent to be honest. It seems like it could blow up pretty easily but Buffalo doesnt have a ton of WR depth and if its not a lot of $$ I can get behind it.

They really need to vet Harvin. All reports out of Seattle is that he's cuckoo for cocoa puffs, and it was terrible for the locker room.

So what's the deal with bonus money and how is it "on the owner" and not accounted for in the teams salary structure?
anyone who pretends to answer knowledgeably this is lying because the only people on earth who understand the cap work for teams and keep their mouths shut

it all makes my head hurt, i don't even try

They really need to vet Harvin. All reports out of Seattle is that he's cuckoo for cocoa puffs, and it was terrible for the locker room.

Wouldn't Ryan know what he was getting?

If he's in Buffalo it is because Ryan vouched for him.

To recap that Bradford trade:

Eagles get:
Bradford
5th round pick
2016 3rd round pick if Bradford never starts, 4th round pick if he plays less than 50% of snaps, nothing if he plays > 50% of snaps

Rams get:
Foles
4th round pick
2016 2nd round pick

I don't care what that one article says about teams at the top of the draft valuing Bradford more than Jameis/Mariota... there's just no way that this trade does anything but hurt the likelihood that Mariota is an Eagle. And the Eagles OC loves Bradford like a son. Any team that trades out of the top 6 for Sam Bradford and future 1st round picks will lose their entire fan base within seconds and probably be without a job within hours.
For what it's worth, I kinda know someone who has said he's got a friend in the Eagles front office. Not sure exactly what role, but he works there. Anyway, from what he said, the Eagles found out that Jacksonville preferred Bradford to Foles in a potential trade up to 3, which is why this trade was made. But then Jake Locker retired, and that threw a massive wrench into things since now the Titans are possibly back in the market to draft a QB at 2. So basically, if this is true, the Eagles traded up to get assets to deal to Jacksonville...and now it probably won't matter anyway, and they're stuck with Bradford.

I dont have a preference either way (signs or not) but that same sentiment was out there when Mario Williams was in Buffalo and he never left.
I understand what your saying but I highly doubt the Bills will pay Harvin the top of the market money the Bills paid Mario Williams. I just think Harvin won't leave Buffalo with a contract unless they blow him away. NE wants him to visit after he sees Buffalo.

pegula can't help himself, kid in a candy store. he went bonkers out of the gates with the sabres. reality will set in next year or the year after.

anyone who pretends to answer knowledgeably this is lying because the only people on earth who understand the cap work for teams and keep their mouths shut

it all makes my head hurt, i don't even try

It seems pretty counter intuitive for a league that puts a cap on spending for what I imagine is the purpose of maintaining competitive balance that owners would be able to directly add to player compensation and not have it count against whatever you are measuring.

For what it's worth, I kinda know someone who has said he's got a friend in the Eagles front office. Not sure exactly what role, but he works there. Anyway, from what he said, the Eagles found out that Jacksonville preferred Bradford to Foles in a potential trade up to 3, which is why this trade was made. But then Jake Locker retired, and that threw a massive wrench into things since now the Titans are possibly back in the market to draft a QB at 2. So basically, if this is true, the Eagles traded up to get assets to deal to Jacksonville...and now it probably won't matter anyway, and they're stuck with Bradford.
Why would Jacksonville want Bradford when they took Blake Bortles at 3 last year and he is their QB of the future.

Chip has to prefer Bradford to Foles but throwing in a 2nd as well is nuts.

Jacksonville?

They got Julius Thomas yesterday. They should go get Murray. Stand pat and draft Cooper or White, and let Olsen and Hackett work with Bortles.

That could quickly be a vastly improved offense.

Here is what I know about the cap guaranteed money or signing bonus money can be spread over the total length of a contract. That is why contracts with big money are typically atleast 5 years to spread that money out. The money a player makes typically comes in the first 3 years and the rest of the years are typically phony years to just spread out cap hits.

Buffalo or the NY Jets may trade for RG3. John Clayton said if Mariota falls to 5 the Redskins will draft him.
Then the Redskins would probably trade RG3 for a 2nd round pick in the future.

Buffalo or the NY Jets may trade for RG3. John Clayton said if Mariota falls to 5 the Redskins will draft him.
Then the Redskins would probably trade RG3 for a 2nd round pick in the future.

No thanks.

I'd love Harvin on Buffalo.

WR: Watkins-Woods-Harvin-Hogan
TE: Clay-Chandler-Gray
RB: McCoy-Brown-Jackson-Dixon
FB: Felton

The offense may still not be able to score points but it won't be from lack of talent at the skill positions.

Jets, Bills, Dolphins are have the ability to spend big bucks in FA because they don't have QBs eating up a big portion of the salary cap or QBs on rookie contracts before they get to FA.

I think the Bills could make the playoffs but they can't win a ring unless they get a top 10 QB. Patriots lost Revis which hurts now they will have to spend money on their DL with Jabaal Sheard/Nick Farley and WRs with Harvin.

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork

Kelly says @Eagles have already been offered a 1st Round pick for QB Sam Bradford.

I can't believe any team would trade a first round pick for a QB with two torn ACLs and hasn't done anything to justify being the number 1 overall pick in 2009. I mean if Bradford is worth a 1st round pick RG3 has to as well.

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork

Kelly says @Eagles have already been offered a 1st Round pick for QB Sam Bradford.

I can't believe any team would trade a first round pick for a QB with two torn ACLs and hasn't done anything to justify being the number 1 overall pick in 2009. I mean if Bradford is worth a 1st round pick RG3 has to as well.
Kind of stupid thing to say. Thought the idea for the draft was to keep as many cards close to the vest as possible. Might be feeling the heat.

B_1lkVhUwAEB3qf.png

Kind of stupid thing to say. Thought the idea for the draft was to keep as many cards close to the vest as possible. Might be feeling the heat.
Or, maybe trying to smoke out interested suitors.

I don't understand what Locker has to do with anything. He was a free agent and was not returning to Tennessee. I've seen a ton of people saying that his retirement means the Titans need a QB. They were going into next season under the impression that Mettenberger was their starter regardless.

Edit: And if Jacksonville has already given up on their QB after half a year... good lord that organization is a mess.

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork

My only guess is that he's trying to get fans to get over the idea of Mariota so they can move on and accept Bradford.