OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

Whoa! What do you think about this for the Bills JeremyCuse and longislandcuse ? Alonso is great but I kind of like it. So who do we have a linebacker now? Bradham, Rivers and who?
Love it assuming this was made with other moves in mind ie, perhaps Sanchez, David Harris and a stud OG. Say we bring in Iupati, our offensive line becomes a beast and we have a monster backfield of McCoy/Brown/FJax/Dixon. Get a QB who can throw off play action to Watkins and Woods and this offense could do some things.

Losing Kiko sucks but I'm almost positive Rex will bring in David Harris to go with Bradham and Brown who are probably the reason Kiko is rumored to have wanted out, those guys are legit and maybe/probably better than Kiko.

Not crazy about the cap hit but if we use the remaining money on Hughes or an Orakpo type if Hughes leaves, a vet QB like Sanchez, Harris and Iupati I'm doing backflips.

Also, McCoy is one of the 3 elite in their prime. AP- McCoy - Forte. Buffalo could have drafted one at 50 but no guarantee that guy is anything more than Bryce Brown or Anthony Dixon. Buffalo could try to sign Murray but no guarantee Murray comes to Buffalo or is Dallas Murray with all that wear and tear from last year and no Dallas offensive line.

Love it assuming this was made with other moves in mind ie, perhaps Sanchez, David Harris and a stud OG. Say we bring in Iupati, our offensive line becomes a beast and we have a monster backfield of McCoy/Brown/FJax/Dixon. Get a QB who can throw off play action to Watkins and Woods and this offense could do some things.

Losing Kiko sucks but I'm almost positive Rex will bring in David Harris to go with Bradham and Brown who are probably the reason Kiko is rumored to have wanted out, those guys are legit and maybe/probably better than Kiko.

Not crazy about the cap hit but if we use the remaining money on Hughes or an Orakpo type if Hughes leaves, a vet QB like Sanchez, Harris and Iupati I'm doing backflips.

Trust me. Sanchez is not the answer. Or, even, AN answer.

Maybe the Birds sign CJ Spiller?

1761 touches (McCoy) vs. 836 touches (Spiller). Spiller's ypc 5.0, McCoy's ypc 4.6.

Last edited:
RBs are not worth cap space. Alonzo isn't that much to pay though. Philly realizes they can spend that money elsewhere. I fear they might be a Revis dark horse but hope that money is for Suh run.

Unless the Pats lose both Revis and McCourty they are still winning the AFC East. I wish buffalo well but they won't win the East without a QB.

Trust me. Sanchez is not the answer. Or, even, AN answer.

Maybe the Birds sign CJ Spiller?
He can throw play action though. I have a feeling Buffalo signs an elite OG and with that move, Offensive Line becomes a huge strength. Now you put the backfield the Bills have behind them and that rushing attack should be sick. With Watkins and Woods on the outside, all the QB needs to do is throw short and play action.

RBs are not worth cap space. Alonzo isn't that much to pay though. Philly realizes they can spend that money elsewhere. I fear they might be a Revis dark horse but hope that money is for Suh run.

Unless the Pats lose both Revis and McCourty they are still winning the AFC East. I wish buffalo well but they won't win the East without a QB.
Maybe Philly can trade us Foles too?

Yea, it sucks, Buffalo is friggin loaded everywhere but has no QB.

If I was Philly if Mariota makes it to 6 I offer the NYJ Nick Foles, 20th pick and next year's 1st round pick for 6th pick to get Mariotta.

Buffalo needs to resign Hughes and their DL will remain the best in the league but their QB play gives NE the division. I think the pats will resign Revis but will lose McCourty.

The money Philly is saving really screams they are in it for Suh, Revis or McCourty.

C.J. Spiller on @nflnetwork says Bills just called him and thanked him for his service. The Spiller era is over.

As an Eagles fan, I hate losing McCoy. He's really fun to watch. But if Chip thinks that his system can make up the difference on offense - Kiko fills a major need on D at a very cheap price. If they nab another stud D player - watch out.

New owner, new coach, and a different approach. 15 years wihout playoffs something has to change.

I don't like that casual fans & ex-player meatheads on NFLN have the Bills winning this & most smart people including Chip disagree.
McCoy's mileage is a real concern and ACL rehabs aren't what they used to be.
OTOH, I wasn't as devastated as others were when he went down last year and the season the Bills D had proved me right - MLB is sorta the RB of defense. He's a bit overrated.
So I guess I'm about as 'meh' as you could be about a blockbuster trade.

Kelly has watched McCoy up close and personal every day for two years. I suspect he thinks the end is nigh for Shady and he is not worth the money at this point, relative to how much it will cost to replace his production. He might have a good season for Buffalo, but I imagine this is a move for cap space and 2016 and beyond.

I don't like that casual fans & ex-player meatheads on NFLN have the Bills winning this & most smart people including Chip disagree.
McCoy's mileage is a real concern and ACL rehabs aren't what they used to be.
OTOH, I wasn't as devastated as others were when he went down last year and the season the Bills D had proved me right - MLB is sorta the RB of defense. He's a bit overrated.
So I guess I'm about as 'meh' as you could be about a blockbuster trade.
David Harris - Nigel Bradham - Preston Brown is one of the best LB cores in the NFL. I have to imagine they made this move with Harris in mind. Kiko was disposable, only thing I don't like is the cap hit.

Horrible trade for the Bills. McCoy was bad last year on a good offense. Now he goes to a bad offense with no QB. McCoy bounced almost every run outside last year and was considered "soft" by some teammates as he didn't want to run up the gut and take the hits. Throw on top of that Alonso has a $400,00 or so contract and McCoy is making millions. Buffalo got worse on defense and picked up a big contract to a guy who has already peaked.

Maybe the Bills don't think Kiko will be fully healthy. Defense seemed to do ok without him in 2014.

Team needs life on offense. Still missing a huge piece to that puzzle but Marrone dug their grave on the EJ pick.

David Harris - Nigel Bradham - Preston Brown is one of the best LB cores in the NFL. I have to imagine they made this move with Harris in mind. Kiko was disposable, only thing I don't like is the cap hit.

I want to see what $ Spiller is gonna get too. While I've never been his biggest fan, he is a good buy-low imo. But who knows maybe he didn't want to come back or won't come as cheap as I thought.

Horrible trade for the Bills. McCoy was bad last year on a good offense. Now he goes to a bad offense with no QB. McCoy bounced almost every run outside last year and was considered "soft" by some teammates as he didn't want to run up the gut and take the hits. Throw on top of that Alonso has a $400,00 or so contract and McCoy is making millions. Buffalo got worse on defense and picked up a big contract to a guy who has already peaked.

How did the Bills get worse on defense? The guy didn't play a single snap last year. The Bills were a top 5 defense without him.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bills needed help on Offense in places other than QB.

They traded a guy that didn't even play a snap last year for one of the best RBs in the league... and did I see someone in this thread compare Chip Kelly to Bill Belicheat? Pfft hahahaha

P.S. Kiko was overrated (and this comes from a guy that loved him)

I want to see what $ Spiller is gonna get too. While I've never been his biggest fan, he is a good buy-low imo. But who knows maybe he didn't want to come back or won't come as cheap as I thought.
I'm over him. He's not a feature back. He's a Sproles. We needed a feature back and got one. Kiko was a luxury on defense, Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham are just as good. I don't like the cap hit but my dream scenario is an Iupati type along with drafting Maxx Williams, possibly trading up if we have to. On defense, we will be elite assuming we sign a LB and DE in FA.