OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

I'm over him. He's not a feature back. He's a Sproles. We needed a feature back and got one. Kiko was a luxury on defense, Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham are just as good. I don't like the cap hit but my dream scenario is an Iupati type along with drafting Maxx Williams, possibly trading up if we have to. On defense, we will be elite assuming we sign a LB and DE in FA.

In Whaley We Trust

Kelly has watched McCoy up close and personal every day for two years. I suspect he thinks the end is nigh for Shady and he is not worth the money at this point, relative to how much it will cost to replace his production. He might have a good season for Buffalo, but I imagine this is a move for cap space and 2016 and beyond.

Doesn't necessarily mean that McCoy is gonna crater. Could well mean that Kelly is a sabermetrics guy who is taking advantage of statistical analysis. Problem is, it's not as if just anyone can replace McCoy. He's gonna have to be right. Still, he's now got lotsa cap room to fill some key holes.

BTW, I wouldn't be upset if the Birds signed a much younger Darren Sproles if indeed that's what Spiller is.

How did the Bills get worse on defense? The guy didn't play a single snap last year. The Bills were a top 5 defense without him.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bills needed help on Offense in places other than QB.

They traded a guy that didn't even play a snap last year for one of the best RBs in the league.

1) They didn't need help at RB
2) He isn't one of the best RB's in the league anymore.

As an eagles fan, I'm not angry at it...as long as they actually use their cap space elsewhere. Rb is the easiest position to fill. Get Reggie bush/spiller and somebody in the top 3 rounds. Pay defensive backs!!

1. Yes they did.
2. Yes he is.
Keep believing that. McCoy didn't see a lot of 8 man fronts in Philly. With no QB in Buffalo he will see stacked boxes every week, good luck with that. And signing Vick or Sanchez ain't gonna change that.

1) They didn't need help at RB
2) He isn't one of the best RB's in the league anymore.

I think he's still one of the best RB's in the league. Although...there were a few cautionary notes that he might have peaked.

As an eagles fan, I'm not angry at it...as long as they actually use their cap space elsewhere. Rb is the easiest position to fill. Get Reggie bush/spiller and somebody in the top 3 rounds. Pay defensive backs!!

Yep, finally address for the next few years their chronic deficiencies in the secondary. Just. Do. It.

Keep believing that. McCoy didn't see a lot of 8 man fronts in Philly. With no QB in Buffalo he will see stacked boxes every week, good luck with that. And signing Vick or Sanchez ain't gonna change that.

So he didn't see 8 man fronts with Butt Fumble at QB in Philly?... but if the Bills prance out there with Sanchez he will?

Makes sense.

I think he's still one of the best RB's in the league. Although...there were a few cautionary notes that he might have peaked.
He bounced outside a lot last year and wouldn't run up the gut. Some of his own teammates thought he went "soft"...nobody in Philly is crying about this trade. That should tell you something.

So he didn't see 8 man fronts with Butt Fumble at QB in Philly?... but if the Bills prance out there with Sanchez he will?

Makes sense.
He was bad last year overall. With a bad QB under center. That should tell you something!! His best years in Philly were when he had a legit QB under center. Buffalo doesn't have a QB!

He was bad last year overall. With a bad QB under center. That should tell you something!! His best years in Philly were when he had a legit QB under center. Buffalo doesn't have a QB!
He also doesn't have to be part of an offense that must score 35+ to win games.

That is simply not true. Wasn't as dominant as before. But he had a great second half. Defenses have always had to worry about him not just as a runner, but as a significant part of the Eagles' passing game.

BTW, "(N)obody in Philly is crying about this trade"? I congratulate you for taking the pulse of an entire fan base in under two hours.

BTWBTW, looks like the Birds can now release DeMeco Ryans, who played great, but suffered a season-ending injury. Looks like the Birds will be near the top of the league when it comes to available cap space. It all comes down to how they use it. If they sign Devin McCourty, I will officially have a mancrush on Chip Kelly.

Last edited:

Lol. Bad. The guy with 1300 yards last year? With sproles and Chris Polk (who?) stealing goalline carries. Yes, probably 5 touchdowns were stolen from McCoy last year from these two.

You know who is bad? Trent Richardson.

I've heard from multiple people in Philly including reading the Iggles board that fans are irate over this move and Kelly better get Mariota or they're going to riot. Not that that means anything anyway.

Good trade or bad trade doesn't matter. Rex Ryan is still the coach. Press conferences will be exciting.

Ed Kracz ‏@kracze
#Eagles will save $24 million on the salary cap with these 3 monster moves. That puts them about $50 million under with FA starting Tuesday.
NFL Network brought up some players resenting Chip Kelly and the types of player personnel moves he makes. I doubt that makes a difference if he's throwing wheelbarrows full of money at them but interesting nonetheless.

Suh and Revis?

I'd think more like McCourty and Maxwell. Suh is not a need, and Revis is overpriced for his age. If they think that the Cowboys' Sterling Moore (25) is capable of full-time duty, he'd be an alternative for Maxwell. Another option would be Kareem Jackson (27) of Houston.