OT: Virginia at Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Virginia at Duke

Question on a drive like Allen's isn't it a walk when he landed before he released the ball? Great shot regardless but thought it was a walk when he landed, then shot.

Duke still has @Louisville, @Pitt, UNC x2 so I guess this win isn't that bad. I would just to like to avoid Duke in the 4-5 matchup in the ACCT.
Notre Dame, Miami, are better matchups if we can get them.

Allen TRAVELLED. Watch closely - he takes 2 steps, jumps - and COMES DOWN before he released that shot.

You know that was never getting called there.

And the number of times you've seen travel called on the last play of a game is...

I did think his foot came down first, but it was so close, and that's just never getting called in that situation

Allen TRAVELLED. Watch closely - he takes 2 steps, jumps - and COMES DOWN before he released that shot.

You know that was never getting called there.

Absolutely.

I did think his foot came down first, but it was so close, and that's just never getting called in that situation

You don't have to think it - you can watch it.
They showed the replay like 5x in a row, in super-slow-mo.
He CLEARLY came back down before the ball was out of his hand.

I rewound and slo mo'd it 3x, he took 3 steps on the way to shoot it and foot hit the ground. Can the refs call at least one of the travels at the end of a game?

it wasnt close watching live and it was really clear on replay

Boise called, did they question when the clock started?

I went back and watched it --- the timekeeper did not cheat this time.

Allen clearly walked, but it's no surprise that the call was blown.

While the finish itself was exciting, I thought that the game was sloppily played. I guess that I just don't care for UVa's style.

Speaking of which, our resident UVa/Akil Mitchell superfan (masquerading as an SU fan) is probably pretty pissed off right now, and rightfully so.

poc44 said:
And zero mention of the travel at all by vitale...

You won't hear about it all in espn. They'll say it was a great play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom