OT: Who is your favorite NFL team? (poll) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Who is your favorite NFL team? (poll)

Who is your favorite NFL team? (Vote and post)

• Total voters
Bucs.

To all you Eagles fans, seems Stephen A thinks you all have a racist coach. :confused:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-suggests-racism-in-chip-kellys-roster-moves/

To be fair, his initial point was that some of the Eagles players seem to have given him the impression that they think that; it just kinda started to morph into his own opinion. Having said that, I think he's wayyyyyyy off the mark here, and his history of foot-in-mouth comments is getting pretty bad.

I'll also add that people try to read into some of the things that SAS says to twist it into something bad even when what he says is sometimes innocent, but in this particular circumstance, it's definitely not a good look for him.

I must say there are more Bills on this board than I would've guessed. Even the Jets fans surprised me.

Big Blue Nation leading the charge though!

I've been trying to kick this Bills habit for a decade. I've finally accepted the truth and just trudge this road to a happy destiny. Hopefully someday the payoff will be worth the struggle. Let's go BUFFALO

I'm a Syracuse fan and none of the teams in the NFL represent Syracuse. So I follow the carers of Syracuse players and if somebody become a "face of the franchise" player, I will develop an interest in his team as well. Sometimes that creates something that could be called being a fan of the team but it's not a live and die with them thing. Sometimes it just doesn't take. If the team remains successful after the SU player leaves, I may still follow them and even in fallow periods, they will be in the back of my mind and if theyget good again, I might start rooting for them again. The ones that "took":

The Browns, because of Jim Brown and Ernie Davis (I'd get back on board if they ever became any good again but I don't know what century that will be)
The Broncos because of Floyd Little (My current fave but they could be ready to fade again)
The Dolphins because of Larry Csonka (I'll be pulling for them if they get good but's been a long while)
The Eagles because of Donovan McNabb (haven't thought much of them since they dumped him)
The Colts because they collected SU players for a while there and two of them became stars: Harrison and Freeney. Besides, I liked Peyton Manning. (They seem to be building up again and may take over from the Broncos)

I realize that none of that describes a true fan to most people but being a fan is an emotional thing and there's no logic to emotions. Your feelings are what they are.

None of these teams are US. They're just teams I rooted for because it makes watching NFL games more interesting. SU is US. (spelled backwards)

Bucs! However I like college infinitely more than pro and I'm gonna be pissed if we draft Winston because I just think he's an awful human being.
The only pro sports team I like that has won a championship in my lifetime, so that's cool. (Mets, Nets, and Sabres have all been so close!)
Also, due to family ties/proximity I root for the Giants and Bills.
I despise the Cowgirls, Deadskins, and Cheatriots (I will root for Chan though).

That would be another cool thread: what championship teams have you rooted for, (not counting championships won before you were following them)

Syracuse 2003 basketball (and I suppose the lacrosse titles, too but they weren't the same to me. I wasn't following sports yet in 1959)

1964 Cleveland Browns

1972-73 Dolphins

1997-98 Broncos

1971 and 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates

1986 New York Mets, (changed allegiances because of the drug scandals in Pittsburgh, the team tanked and I got the Mets games on TV and liked their announcers better than the Braves, Yankees or Red Sox- then the Mets got good and that sealed it.)

Not a hockey fan and never really had an NBA team- too late for the Nats and the former SU guys always seem to play for lousy teams.

I'm a Syracuse fan and none of the teams in the NFL represent Syracuse. So I follow the carers of Syracuse players and if somebody become a "face of the franchise" player, I will develop an interest in his team as well. Sometimes that creates something that could be called being a fan of the team but it's not a live and die with them thing. Sometimes it just doesn't take. If the team remains successful after the SU player leaves, I may still follow them and even in fallow periods, they will be in the back of my mind and if theyget good again, I might start rooting for them again. The ones that "took":

The Browns, because of Jim Brown and Ernie Davis (I'd get back on board if they ever became any good again but I don't know what century that will be)
The Broncos because of Floyd Little (My current fave but they could be ready to fade again)
The Dolphins because of Larry Csonka (I'll be pulling for them if they get good but's been a long while)
The Eagles because of Donovan McNabb (haven't thought much of them since they dumped him)
The Colts because they collected SU players for a while there and two of them became stars: Harrison and Freeney. Besides, I liked Peyton Manning. (They seem to be building up again and may take over from the Broncos)

I realize that none of that describes a true fan to most people but being a fan is an emotional thing and there's no logic to emotions. Your feelings are what they are.

None of these teams are US. They're just teams I rooted for because it makes watching NFL games more interesting. SU is US. (spelled backwards)
heres what i dont like...

obiviously im going to say that everyone should root for 1 team and 1 team only till death...but thats a topic for a different day.

when it comes to what you layed out here, why front run?? why be swish??

why werent you an oiler fan when flannery was there??

why not a browns/ravens fan again when burnett or johnson was there??

how about the Giants and Coughlin?? the Jags and Coughlin??

moore and the cardinals?

Tyree, Mare, Mungro, etc...

why be selective???

thats hypocritical.

heres what i dont like...

obiviously im going to say that everyone should root for 1 team and 1 team only till death...but thats a topic for a different day.

when it comes to what you layed out here, why front run?? why be swish??

why werent you an oiler fan when flannery was there??

why not a browns/ravens fan again when burnett or johnson was there??

how about the Giants and Coughlin?? the Jags and Coughlin??

moore and the cardinals?

Tyree, Mare, Mungro, etc...

why be selective???

thats hypocritical.

It would be if it were an intellectual decision, rather than an emotional one. It's more like a balky cigarette lighter- sometimes the flame comes on and sometimes it's "click...click...click"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom