Our next coach | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. There is no denying that we've been mediocre to bad for 15 years.
2. The reasons are many. We all know them.
3. The coach and the AD have been here for 1 year. And they've fixed some of what's been ailing the program.
4. None of those things are things you tweak and they get better immediately.
5. "Changing things too late" is a dumb thing to say. How could Wildhack fix it before arriving? Time machine?
6. There have been many things that Babers has wanted and gotten. There are few things that he's waiting on.
7. You can say - "He's going to leave! We are failing to give him what he wants! Again!" Or you can say "Maybe he's using the tools available (job interest) to apply pressure to the places where it's needed to get what he wants."
8. You can make the argument that this kind of pushing is very good for our program. Marrone tried and then quit. But with Wildhack, ACC $, and some new ppl on the BOT? Who knows what that pushing can do?

good list, I would add:

Gross, though he wasn't perfect, did a great job with all the programs except football. He was forced into the first and third hires. He nailed the second hire and we cannot blame anyone for an HC leaving for the NFL after 4 years except the HC. I love football as much as the next guy but an AD is responsible for the whole enchilada, not just the football (and/or hoops team).
Coyne nailed the HCDB hire!
Wildhack knows the TV side of life and brings a lot of Orange passion with him.
The Chancellor knows what he is doing and has put very good people in the right spots.

When HCDB gets the Orange challenging Clemson and FSU annually and not worrying about Louisville, and the offers to HCDB come rolling in, it is then up to the admin to ensure HCDB wants to stay. Until then, let's enjoy the ride.

This is the first time SUAD is dealing with other universities wanting to inquire of and talk to our coach. I reported about Baylor inquiring earlier and Jeremycuse just confirmed there were more than just Baylor last night. He is highly valued outside of CNY yet may be vastly undervalued here by some. As he continues to win, he will be wanted even more so this will occur every year. As The Cusian stated, if he's smart he's using this as leverage to get the final 2-3 things he was promised.

As I've said before too, SUAD will need to pony up much more at the end of year 3 to keep him.

When he has the Orange winning, he will be worth ponying up more $ to keep him here. Fully agree that promises need to be kept to improve the machine.

Not sure I agree that HCDB is undervalued by many here, but I firmly believe that he will prove he is worth a lot more and Syracuse will have to put its money where its mouth is (dedication to high level football).

This speculation must be a great boon for recruiting. Ends up being a self fulfilling prophesy.

This x 1000! All of a sudden, this board is a lot like Syracuse.com. While there are some insiders providing interesting information, it's not good if publicly posted/commented on anywhere. The negative commentary, regardless if based in truth, NEVER has a positive impact on the program and can only have a negative impact.

Let's settle down around here and be thankful that as of right now, he's the head football coach at SU. None of us can control decisions he makes, whether now or in a few years. But let's bury this negativity around his current employment prospects, because it doesn't serve anyone well.

18d.jpg_large

This applies to this thread(not you at all)
Well, I'm sure this thread has surpassed all of kcsu 's wildest expectations...

It's the greatest deal in college football.

By far.

You can sit in comfort (ok, might be a little hot). You can buy beer. Your seats are right on top of the action. Your team is in the ACC. You're not going to watch a boring game. And your loyal fan that's posting this knows when to use your vs you're. (I think, someone check me on that).

Amen, the best sight lines in the ACC, comfort, top tier programs visiting the dome each year. again, had a buddy up from fla for the fsu game. attends games in Tallahassee and has been all over acc and sec country and he was giddy about the dome experience and couldn't believe he could buy beer once inside the dome after the tailgate!

Well, I'm sure this thread has surpassed all of kcsu 's wildest expectations...
Please read my post. I didnt say he was leaving. I simply said "lets say". The post was to create discussion it wasn't a statement of fact or opinion. Most of my post are simply to stir the pot. To get our members thinking about scenarios not statements of fact. Im on record with two believes. One he is staying. Two if he does leave im not concerned as having been a fan and significant supporter since Larry and Floyd were climbing ropes for Ben i have complete faith in our administration. They are as good as i have been around.
To be able to read is a gift. To comprehend what you have read is a greater gift.

This is the first time SUAD is dealing with other universities wanting to inquire of and talk to our coach. I reported about Baylor inquiring earlier and Jeremycuse just confirmed there were more than just Baylor last night. He is highly valued outside of CNY yet may be vastly undervalued here by some. As he continues to win, he will be wanted even more so this will occur every year. As The Cusian stated, if he's smart he's using this as leverage to get the final 2-3 things he was promised.

As I've said before too, SUAD will need to pony up much more at the end of year 3 to keep him.

upload_2016-12-2_21-7-35.jpeg

This x 1000! All of a sudden, this board is a lot like Syracuse.com.
There's been another wave of SMG transplants recently. As with other waves, most will eventually fit in, some are short timers (on their own accord) and others will be shown the door.

Please read my post. I didnt say he was leaving. I simply said "lets say". The post was to create discussion it wasn't a statement of fact or opinion. Most of my post are simply to stir the pot. To get our members thinking about scenarios not statements of fact. Im on record with two believes. One he is staying. Two if he does leave im not concerned as having been a fan and significant supporter since Larry and Floyd were climbing ropes for Ben i have complete faith in our administration. They are as good as i have been around.
To be able to read is a gift. To comprehend what you have read is a greater gift.
Congrats on being the biggest tool on the board! Good job, you must be so happy with yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom