Our next coach | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, had his picture taken with Mike Tirico. How could I have overlooked that! No way Babers can leave, you're right!
What I'm saying is for every indication we get that he may actually be enjoying his time here--from the man himself---we get an extended thread about him being unhappy and leaving.

You guys don't have to thank me when he is coaching here next year.

Wow, had his picture taken with Mike Tirico. How could I have overlooked that! No way Babers can leave, you're right!

The Tirico photo pretty much means a lifetime commitment in my book!

Great, more crap to use against us on the recruiting trail. Snowy, rust belt city, disinterested students, a crumbling old dome, a penny-pinching administration, a whiny fan base, and now a coaching staff that can't wait to move on. Nothing but sunshine and roses here my friends.

Plenty of inside info on here if you read it, that he is unhappy is not speculation.
No. Not plenty. At least not on the forum anyway. Maybe in your PM's?

Maybe 2 people said on the forum that he hasn't gotten everything he asked for ...yet. That's about the most solid, tangible, inside information that has come across the board. That, and JeremyCuse, saying people in the admin are nervous about him leaving.

This speculation must be a great boon for recruiting. Ends up being a self fulfilling prophesy.

That's a good point. I'll knock off my part.

Great, more crap to use against us on the recruiting trail. Snowy, rust belt city, disinterested students, a crumbling old dome, a penny-pinching administration, a whiny fan base, and now a coaching staff that can't wait to move on. Nothing but sunshine and roses here my friends.
Please don't forget our most talented QB in a decade plus possibly being ruled medically ineligible. Tack on our hoops team and their current struggles, and maybe we should call the ACC and tell them we've had enough, time to move away from athletics. ;)

It truly isn't the best time around these parts. A dome announcement wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Please don't forget our most talented QB in a decade plus possibly being ruled medically ineligible. Tack on our hoops team and their current struggles, and maybe we should call the ACC and tell them we've had enough, time to move away from athletics. ;)

It truly isn't the best time around these parts. A dome announcement wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
Cheers to that

I sent a text to an old friend that I went to HS with that works in the SU athletics dept. Just said "Hey, so is there any reason to worry about DB?" All he sent back was the shrug emoji. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN, MAN

I sent a text to an old friend that I went to HS with that works in the SU athletics dept. Just said "Hey, so is there any reason to worry about DB?" All he sent back was the shrug emoji. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN, MAN

:noidea:

Truth be told, he's a ball breaker and not one to engage in gossip. "House issues stay in house" kind of guy (I'm not implying there are any house issues). I had to ask though.

He thinks you're talking about Dinosaur BBQ and now he's terrified it's going to close. (would explain the all caps).

I say this with peace and love, peace and love...

You're all batsh!t crazy. Renew your tickets. I did yesterday.

Chancellor Syverud
AD Wildhack
ACC

This football program will be fine. We're in good hands. I can't promise you a 1987 to 1998 renaissance, but it will be fine.

Renew your tickets. Yesterday.

After spending waaay too many years on this board, I've learned a lot about many of the posters via their posts. With very few exceptions, we have a great community here with some very passionate fans/posters.

Some of these posters have a "hope for the best, expect the worst" mentality and have zero problem expressing their concerns. I think this is the case with the initiation of the latest "Dino to wherever" post last night.

I'm not questioning this poster's fandom, (quite the contrary) but his posting history helps me keep his "inside" information in perspective. Besides, other than postponing season ticket renewals, what can we actually do about it? As our last coach used to say "control the controllable". In other words, why stress over things completely out of your control?

Chip said:
I say this with peace and love, peace and love... You're all batsh!t crazy. Renew your tickets. I did yesterday. Chancellor Syverud AD Wildhack ACC This football program will be fine. We're in good hands. I can't promise you a 1987 to 1998 renaissance, but it will be fine. Renew your tickets. Yesterday.

Talk is cheap. I think the Chancellor and AD can get SU football back on track but they haven't really done anything concrete to show me they are all in on turning this tire fire of a program around. A bunch of pie in the sky talk and fairy tail renderings aren't cutting the mustard anymore.

I say this with peace and love, peace and love...

You're all batsh!t crazy. Renew your tickets. I did yesterday.

Chancellor Syverud
AD Wildhack
ACC

This football program will be fine. We're in good hands. I can't promise you a 1987 to 1998 renaissance, but it will be fine.

Renew your tickets. Yesterday.

Great post. Renewed mine Nov 23rd and got 50 priority points to boot as an incentive. Today if you renew you can still get 25 extra priority points. Get one of the great deals for a preferred seats and gain extra points to boot - fill the dome.

After spending waaay too many years on this board, I've learned a lot about many of the posters via their posts. With very few exceptions, we have a great community here with some very passionate fans/posters.

Some of these posters have a "hope for the best, expect the worst" mentality and have zero problem expressing their concerns. I think this is the case with the initiation of the latest "Dino to wherever" post last night.

I'm not questioning this poster's fandom, (quite the contrary) but his posting history helps me keep his "inside" information in perspective. Besides, other than postponing season ticket renewals, what can we actually do about it? As our last coach used to say "control the controllable". In other words, why stress over things completely out of your control?

I only shared what information was given to me (despite severe reservations) I don't see what my posting history has to do with it.

JeremyCuse isn't the OP who was pure trolling. I believe he is telling it straight and that some schools have contacted SU.
I also think no school that is a real threat is going to pursue Dino as nothing more than a plan C or D.
The Gerg years really did a damage to our FB attendance. We need to just get back to having a solid 40k per game and I think the Dino Babers of the world would be fine. I do believe if we have success he would bolt. Let's wait for the success to happen first.
Dino inherited a not strong roster. We had little upperclassmen depth and we had 0 NFL draft picks in our 2 deep. Dino brought in our only draft pick via 5th year transfer.

It says we hired a vagabond. I like Joe Moorhead OC at PSU. HC experience at Fordham, did really well there, scores points and knows the landscape. Not s e xiest choice but we could do a hell of a lot worse.

It's not if with Dino just a question of when. He takes the staff with him and gets them sizable raises as well, I don't blame him. 9 out of 10 coaches would do same.

FWIW, frost has said he isn't a candidate for Oregon job.. maybe 1 year seems to quick for some

Meet the anonymous architect behind Penn State's prolific offense

It's all leverage, IMO. Good coaches know the game and play the game.

It would be better leverage had they won another game or two. But the calls and requests to talk to him will work.

Talk is cheap. I think the Chancellor and AD can get SU football back on track but they haven't really done anything concrete to show me they are all in on turning this tire fire of a program around. A bunch of pie in the sky talk and fairy tail renderings aren't cutting the mustard anymore.

I don't even know where to start with this one. I think you should clarify all of it.

Great post. Renewed mine Nov 23rd and got 50 priority points to boot as an incentive. Today if you renew you can still get 25 extra priority points. Get one of the great deals for a preferred seats and gain extra points to boot - fill the dome.

It's the greatest deal in college football.

By far.

You can sit in comfort (ok, might be a little hot). You can buy beer. Your seats are right on top of the action. Your team is in the ACC. You're not going to watch a boring game. And your loyal fan that's posting this knows when to use your vs you're. (I think, someone check me on that).

i have drawn a line in the sand about points. my brain can't handle any more stuff to remember. buy this and that now and get 2x your powerpoints redeemable at points plus on this day before 8:20 what? i feel like i'm reading board game instructions everyplace i spend a dollar and i hate board games. i buy a loaf of bread and i get a ticker tape parade with markers and surveys and monopoly and NO JUST GIVE ME THE BREAD

this is a pointless off season rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors