Our next coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
If SUAD gave permission then they feel Dino wants out.

It's prob good practice too when u ask another school for same request but if he's being contacted then he's made the overture through agents.

Sounds like he's backup for Morris but if he goes I hope Wildhack has something lined up. If we win tomorrow it could be an issue if Dino takes everyome as he usually does

It's prob good practice too when u ask another school for same request but if he's being contacted then he's made the overture through agents.

Sounds like he's backup for Morris but if he goes I hope Wildhack has something lined up. If we win tomorrow it could be an issue if Dino takes everyome as he usually does
SU gave him permission to seek other opportunities?

Chakka said above SUAD gave approval for Baylor to reach out. Easily shut down if the interest wasn't mutual. He wants that job

That tells me they know something is up and someone is unhappy

Giving him permission doesn't mean anything really and they gave Baylor permission to speak with him if I am reading chakka correctly. Also, if reports about Baylor are correct that they are going after Chad Morris, how well did that conversation go?

All it means is that SU is doing the right thing in not holding someone back, if it gets out that SU is hard for a coach to work for then that hurts even worse when trying to get someone new in the event that he does leave.

Houston loves Herman but they still gave permission for Texas and LSU to contact him, same thing.

Would go after Phil Montgomery...but how hard can it be to give him what he is asking for, just get it done FFS.

If DB leaves I'm not renewing my season tickets. I'll still be a fan and I'll still watch the games but I'm not going up to the Dome to sit in the sea of silver to get my weekly mule kick to the nuts. The never end cycle of new coach/system, roster purge, square peg round hole, give him time, we suck, start over, has got to stop. SU has mismanaged this program so badly over the years it's just mind boggling. DB leaving would be more evidence that this is still the case.

Yes. Im just trying to stir the pot. I actually dont think Babers is going anyplace. Also if he does im not worried because i have faith in our Chancellor and AD.

I certainly agree with the last part. And if the buyout $ are as rumored, the next staff is already funded.

Chakka said it.

6a5224805abc82f57b8ac842e93a3b01.jpg

The only other things is DFB needs a few outstanding commitments from SU and supposedly he's all in. There is so much noise out now about what's up but most bothersome was the public discussion last night between Dan & Damion. Where there is smoke there is fire - one way or another we should know within the next week or two.
Devito and Fagan.

Devito and Fagan.
Not recruiting commitments, promises made by the SU AD when he was hired.

Based on what I know, what was promised would not be very hard to do either which means the SU AD and BOT are dragging their feet. If they don't get done, I will be very disappointed in the administration, these things are needed and no brainers IMO.

Montgomery, Orgeron, Brohm, Strong, Morehead, Fleck, Riley

Not that I want to be involved in this speculation but I'll just say this. IF Babers leaves here after one year to take the Baylor cesspool job that most want no part of, it's going to spook outsiders about the Syracuse job. Wildhack needs to have his story and enormous budget ready to go.

If Babers leaves and we bring someone in with an entire different philosophy(pro style, meathead style), I will be done with the football program. May as well just ask to be a doormat if we were to go that route.

The longer it goes on the Baylor front the worse it is for us. Let's hope that Chad Morris is wrapped up this weekend and SU makes good on its promises.

Not that I want to be involved in this speculation but I'll just say this. IF Babers leaves here after one year to take the Baylor cesspool job that most want no part of, it's going to spook outsiders about the Syracuse job. Wildhack needs to have his story and enormous budget ready to go.

agreed. that would be a huge red flag.

i cant believe anyone would want the baylor job. anyone. and now theres talk of the ncaa looking into recruiting violations?

Uh, did you guys watch Syracuse Sidelines this week? Dino previews tomorrow's game and there was a segment on Marvin Graves. Dino says he is the kind of athlete they are looking to recruit to Syracuse in the months to come.

Matt Park talks about you need those kinds of players to make bowl games, which Syracuse has been used to in the past. Dino then says that those kind of players are the underbelly of your program and then talks about how extra practices can set up your program for next season.

This is not a man going anywhere. Stop the nonsense

The longer it goes on the Baylor front the worse it is for us. Let's hope that Chad Morris is wrapped up this weekend and SU makes good on its promises.

There is no chatter outside of Syracuse. I'm not sure it's doing that much harm... although guys mentioning it in local TV is not helpful. The pressure is largely internal and on Wildhack. We'all see if he can work something out.

Uh, did you guys watch Syracuse Sidelines this week? Dino previews tomorrow's game and there was a segment on Marvin Graves. Dino says he is the kind of athlete they are looking to recruit to Syracuse in the months to come.

Matt Park talks about you need those kinds of players to make bowl games, which Syracuse has been used to in the past. Dino then says that those kind of players are the underbelly of your program and then talks about how extra practices can set up your program for next season.

This is not a man going anywhere. Stop the nonsense
That is exactly the way he talked 2 weeks before we hired him away from BGSU.

This is what he does, he takes his job seriously and is the HC right up until he isn't then he immediately changes focus to the new job. This isn't new from Dino.

There is no chatter outside of Syracuse. I'm not sure it's doing that much harm... although guys mentioning it in local TV is not helpful. The pressure is largely internal and on Wildhack. We'all see if he can work something out.
Those are my thoughts as well, but I would rather not have this play out over the next few weeks

That is exactly the way he talked 2 weeks before we hired him away from BGSU.

This is what he does, he takes his job seriously and is the HC right up until he isn't then he immediately changes focus to the new job. This isn't new from Dino.
That is what every person should do at any job .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom