Our next coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dino Babers.

The University has committed to him - it is not about to breach that pledge and is not about to lose him.

We are committed to competing in the ACC. That can only be done with a full financial investment in personnel and infrastructure.

You don't bring in a heavy hitter like John Wildhack if you're not planning on making the necessary investments.

The only thing that is going to play out is Baylor will hire a new coach that's not Dino Babers, Babers will coach Syracuse tomorrow, maybe coach Syracuse for a bowl game, and then he'll see you chumps on signing day in Syracuse in February

"Sources close to the Baylor athletic program say the university is close to hiring current SMU football coach Chad Morris as their next head coach.

The sources said the deal was agreed upon in principle and they expected it to be finalized this weekend after the Mustangs played their final regular season game Saturday against Navy."

Baylor Close to Hiring SMU Football Coach Morris: Sources

"Sources close to the Baylor athletic program say the university is close to hiring current SMU football coach Chad Morris as their next head coach.

The sources said the deal was agreed upon in principle and they expected it to be finalized this weekend after the Mustangs played their final regular season game Saturday against Navy."

Done and Done. Stop the nonsense

College football head coaches do this all the time. Leverage for the next contract they can say well x, y, z wanted to talk to me or this school has x, y, z. SMU's coach will be the next head coach of Baylor soon. All the reports do not even have Dino in the top three anymore for Baylor.

College football head coaches do this all the time. Leverage for the next contract they can say well x, y, z wanted to talk to me or this school has x, y, z. SMU's coach will be the next head coach of Baylor soon. All the reports do not even have Dino in the top three anymore for Baylor.
OR maybe, just maybe, Dino wasn't trying to leverage anything at all. But no one would believe that in Syracuse

OR maybe, just maybe, Dino wasn't trying to leverage anything at all. But no one would believe that in Syracuse
I didn't want to sound to crazy with that logic ;)

If they hire Morris, which has been the most rumored name all week, then I'll be really disappointed in Dan Conley.

He's the one guy that should be saying Babers isn't going anywhere because he's got a great job.

I expect it from Bud and Thamel.

Marrone

Wildhack has no problem with him

I'd rather go with Montgomery.

What I really want is for them to finally get their act together and get Baber the tools he needs to do his job.

Gross and admin dropped the ball and drove Marrone away, panic hired Shafer, and now that a true SU guy is the AD and we have coach with an approach that creates a competitive advantage freezes with the pen on the signature line.

Spend the money and get on with it.

Not recruiting commitments, promises made by the SU AD when he was hired.

Based on what I know, what was promised would not be very hard to do either which means the SU AD and BOT are dragging their feet. If they don't get done, I will be very disappointed in the administration, these things are needed and no brainers IMO.
What promises has SU not fulfilled yet? I know Chakka said this in a thread last week but I haven't read what they actually are. After losing Quade it would really be a punch in the gut if we lost Dino.

If they hire Morris, which has been the most rumored name all week, then I'll be really disappointed in Dan Conley.

He's the one guy that should be saying Babers isn't going anywhere because he's got a great job.

I expect it from Bud and Thamel.
True. Very true

Wildhack has no problem with him

I'd rather go with Montgomery.

What I really want is for them to finally get their act together and get Baber the tools he needs to do his job.

Gross and admin dropped the ball and drove Marrone away, panic hired Shafer, and now that a true SU guy is the AD and we have coach with an approach that creates a competitive advantage freezes with the pen on the signature line.

Spend the money and get on with it.
Dino has what he needs. This program is not made up of a bunch of cheapskates or insufferable people, which has been the narrative for so long

It has, however, been more fiscally responsible than many other programs and I hope it continues to be so

If Baylor was given permission to speak to Babers, it makes sense. It doesn't necessarily mean Babers is gone. It means Wildhack has to make it clear that he's not in control of Babers and is treating Babers as a peer instead of micro-managing him as an employee.

What promises has SU not fulfilled yet? I know Chakka said this in a thread last week but I haven't read what they actually are. After losing Quade it would really be a punch in the gut if we lost Dino.
Equating the loss of a HC with a potential one and done hoops recruit is asinine. Leave the chicken little, bed wetting BS on the hoops side where it belongs.

If Baylor was given permission to speak to Babers, it makes sense. It doesn't necessarily mean Babers is gone. It means Wildhack has to make it clear that he's not in control of Babers and is treating Babers as a peer instead of micro-managing him as an employee.
What is Syracuse gonna say to any program that wants to talk to Dino? No? That wouldnt go over well for anyone. Dino is a grown man. Syracuse doesn't get to determine any coach's future .

I have never actually heard the truth about why Marrone left. It does make me a little happy the he and Hackett are stuck in Jacksonville. Haha the Jags suck.

True. Very true
Before coming down too hard on 'ole Thunder Dan Conley, consider that the show producers may have had a meeting with them to play a point / counterpoint dialogue on the show and Dan drew the short straw.

Our next head coach will be Sean Lewis after Dino has his run and retires.
This is a perfect scenario for a number of reasons.

People need to remember that both of HCDB's head coaching stops lasted two years. He's proven that he can install his offense and win at both the Division II and MAC levels. He hasn't proven, however, that he can build a program...at any level.

Case in point, look at Bowling Green (3-8) this season. Did he leave his successor the building blocks necessary to win in the MAC? Time will tell. IMO, successful two year stints tell you more about a coach's system than it does about his ability to build a program.

Dino talks about building this program to achieve "sustained" success. I'm completely on board with him but, because he's never done this before, it requires that we have faith...belief without evidence.

One last thought: if Dino does leave (which I highly doubt), I hope that we go after someone that has proven program-building experience. I'm with GoSU96...Phil Montgomery would be the perfect choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom