Class of 2022 - Our Old Friend Is Available Again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Our Old Friend Is Available Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head case. Trouble with a capital T. With that said, Calipari will take him. Don’t want to be rumor mongering but I am from near his area in NY (Saugerties) and solid sources there say there are many problems with this kid that can't be mentioned here. I hope things work out for the kid and he can have a career.

When he signed with Cuse I heard from someone that “everyone in his hometown hates him”. Didn’t care at all at that point.

I would hope he has something lined up because it’s kinda late now to just find a spot for next year, but given his history of bouncing around - who knows.

Seems like he might be the b-ball version of Robert Washington.

I really hope everyone can understand now what the staff went through with the true rollercoaster of this kid. He has no guidance in life and no mentors. Lebron tried to help for a bit, but he couldn’t handle the kid. Kinda sad but SU dodged a big one here

I really hope everyone can understand now what the staff went through with the true rollercoaster of this kid. He has no guidance in life and no mentors. Lebron tried to help for a bit, but he couldn’t handle the kid. Kinda sad but SU dodged a big one here
Very sad. I do hope he figures things out and finds equilibrium within himself. Maybe just not when he's at Louisville. :)

Seriously, he could be a great one but it must be tough being a young person right now and getting it all to work at once. My son is in high school and he's doing well academically but it's hard for all facets to click at once as you are maturing. Then, COVID comes around and society as we know it changes drastically? Rough. Either way, it would be fun to see Dior at his finest. No matter where he is, if that happens, instant electricity.

Rumors of Dior headed to Louisville to form the most Cuse "what if" lineup of Johnson, Huntley-Hatfield and Lands. Not sure this board can handle the content. Buckle up.
Louisville has proven time and time again that they can get hit with sanctions, but they don't care at all. Hopefully they get hit again. And, maybe this time the NCAA will grow a set and nail them.

Louisville fans slobbering over themselves. I hope that program implodes once and for all. Dior would help it along

Very sad. I do hope he figures things out and finds equilibrium within himself. Maybe just not when he's at Louisville. :)

Seriously, he could be a great one but it must be tough being a young person right now and getting it all to work at once. My son is in high school and he's doing well academically but it's hard for all facets to click at once as you are maturing. Then, COVID comes around and society as we know it changes drastically? Rough. Either way, it would be fun to see Dior at his finest. No matter where he is, if that happens, instant electricity.

If this kid is nearly as talented as hyped he doesn't need to transfer high schools and jump AAU teams.

Seems like an extreme version of how ridiculous the high school circuit / racket is.

If this kid is nearly as talented as hyped he doesn't need to transfer high schools and jump AAU teams.

Seems like an extreme version of how ridiculous the high school circuit / racket is.
I haven't followed him but Oregon board says he has struggled lately? Just go to Seton Hall so we can all have a good chuckle.

Really happy we have Mintz. Seems like he has great structure around him. Gonzaga was probably a good experience before Oak Hill.

Yeah two big time programs in what has always been our sweet spot for great recruits geographically.

Also yeah Mintz kept growing and getting better where Dior didn't. I liked and wanted Starling but think Mintz is a bit better than JJ too. More advanced skillset and body control.

I was thinking Matthew Moyer but remembered he's about 30 years old.

Well, Dior will be 30 eventually and still changing high schools and decommitting from colleges. Crazy like a fox, he is! He will be the first player ever to eventually be old enough to collect an NBA pension without ever actually playing in the NBA. You have to consider his long-range plan here.;)

That said, this is a case of the portal actually helping a team. In the past, the egomaniac headcase recruit held all the cards. Now a coach can say "screw this...I'm bringing in some guys from the portal, my starter is not going to the NBA, and I'll be happy to help you load the moving van to your next location."

Coaches get paid a lot of $$$ to debase themselves for 17-22 year old guys. Sometimes, they get a chance to take a break from it, if only for a day. I'm sure that JB and Dana Altman could share some great stories about this kid and whatever handlers he has.

Rumors of Dior headed to Louisville to form the most Cuse "what if" lineup of Johnson, Huntley-Hatfield and Lands. Not sure this board can handle the content. Buckle up.
Good, great, fantastic.

F the cards

When he signed with Cuse I heard from someone that “everyone in his hometown hates him”. Didn’t care at all at that point.

I would hope he has something lined up because it’s kinda late now to just find a spot for next year, but given his history of bouncing around - who knows.

Seems like he might be the b-ball version of Robert Washington.
For accuracy, he never signed with SU.

Dior and Lands were never coming to Syracuse. No kid who doesn't visit is for real. Our freshman class is far better without Dior. My guess he never plays in college or if he does he crashes and burns and is in the portal probably before the season is over. 10 high schools. Some team will take him and regret it. I assume it will not be us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom