Class of 2022 - Our Old Friend Is Available Again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Our Old Friend Is Available Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can be the best pg ever. We do not need his me personality to screw up the perceived team chemistry of this team. I believe that the coaching staff sees it the same way.

Sounds like a kid that desperately needs a solid mentor who can give him some guidance and help him understand what he needs to do to make the most of the gifts he’s been given.

I think this fairly easy to debunk. If Covid was caused by Dior, it would have spread way faster.

Maybe... would have started in much pricier neighborhoods though

I guess that he never gained admission.

This kid has Uber talent. Hope he figures out his personal life. Let’s not forget his age.

How many kids his age get this many opportunities after spurning so many willing to take him on?

Yes he is young but at this point a hard lesson may be the best thing for him. He has surpassed the give him another chance because he is young bar. Time for a hard lesson or two.

How many kids his age get this many opportunities after spurning so many willing to take him on?

Yes he is young but at this point a hard lesson may be the best thing for him. He has surpassed the give him another chance because he is young bar. Time for a hard lesson or two.

Youre acting like he committed a crime. Why does he deserve a hard lesson? Kid changed his mind and trying to do what he thinks is best. Maybe he is making a mistake but so what. He “decommitted” early from Syracuse so he basically did us a favor.

Youre acting like he committed a crime. Why does he deserve a hard lesson? Kid changed his mind and trying to do what he thinks is best. Maybe he is making a mistake but so what. He “decommitted” early from Syracuse so he basically did us a favor.

So he has changed high schools how many times? Now colleges twice and last minute...

By hard lesson I mean that decisions have consequences and the grass is not always greener. I'm not being harsh at all here. In 6 years life won't be so forgiving. Needs to learn that decisions have consequences.

This is a kid who has been a menace for more than a few people. We aren't talking about a best decision we are talking about a kid who has been given opportunities mentorship and help and has tossed it aside as he looks for what he feels he is entitled to.

I was a poor kid once. It's hard but that doesn't mean you get to railroad others without consequence out of greed.

So he has changed high schools how many times? Now colleges twice and last minute...

By hard lesson I mean that decisions have consequences and the grass is not always greener. I'm not being harsh at all here. In 6 years life won't be so forgiving. Needs to learn that decisions have consequences.

This is a kid who has been a menace for more than a few people. We aren't talking about a best decision we are talking about a kid who has been given opportunities mentorship and help and has tossed it aside as he looks for what he feels he is entitled to.

I was a poor kid once. It's hard but that doesn't mean you get to railroad others without consequence out of greed.

Now hes railroading people? This is so dumb—you want the kid punished like hes some felon. Maybe kid will flop. That will be his hard lesson. Otherwise, who cares. Hes a supreme talented basketball player that ppl want to profit from for their own benefit. So he seems like he may be a bit immature. He seemingly doesnt like school. Ok… and?

Do you know how many people switch majors in college or transfer schools oe switch jobs early on in their career? Because hes some bball player hes supposed to be committed to a college that wont pay him any material amount while making tens of hundreds of milliona of dollars off of him.

Until I see evidence of him treating other human beings poorly, I could give two craps how many schools he goes to. Wish the kid the best. Hope he crushes it in the nba some day because I have no real reason to harbor bad feelings.

So he seems like he may be a bit immature. He seemingly doesnt like school. Ok… and?
So don’t go to school and don’t offer someone who doesn’t want to be there.

So don’t go to school and don’t offer someone who doesn’t want to be there.

Give me a break—hes going to school as next step in his basketball career. Lets not pretend like college bball players are scholars. Just look at the majors their put in. The entire concept of student athlete is a fraud on the public.

Also, lets also not pretend this isnt a mutually beneficial situation for the school.

Now hes railroading people? This is so dumb—you want the kid punished like hes some felon. Maybe kid will flop. That will be his hard lesson. Otherwise, who cares. Hes a supreme talented basketball player that ppl want to profit from for their own benefit. So he seems like he may be a bit immature. He seemingly doesnt like school. Ok… and?

Do you know how many people switch majors in college or transfer schools oe switch jobs early on in their career? Because hes some bball player hes supposed to be committed to a college that wont pay him any material amount while making tens of hundreds of milliona of dollars off of him.

Until I see evidence of him treating other human beings poorly, I could give two craps how many schools he goes to. Wish the kid the best. Hope he crushes it in the nba some day because I have no real reason to harbor bad feelings.

How do I want him punished as some felon? Enlighten where I ever said that please...

Hard lessons are a part of life. You are reading things that aren't there. Odd hill to stand on given you are pulling things out that aren't there. You clearly have an axe to grind and are using my opinion as your excuse to hack away.

So let's give every kid everything they want and every choice with zero accountability for their actions? Is that what you believe?

There have been several posts about the expectations of Dior being unreasonable and over the top demanding by folks with far more knowledge on the situation than you or I. His movement around different HS's is a major outlier. He bailed on on several player friendly programs including one we know well run by one of the best Prep coaches in the country. I'm not sure how evaluating the things we know and have been shared for what they are is wrong vs a blanket excuse for the kid. The hard lessons aren't prison.. just humility and earning your way.

Last edited:
How do I want him punished as some felon? Enlighten where I ever said that please...

Hard lessons are a part of life. You are reading things that aren't there. Odd hill to stand on given you are pulling things out that aren't there. You clearly have an axe to grind and are using my opinion as your excuse to hack away.

So let's give every kid everything they want and every choice with zero accountability for their actions? Is that what you believe?

There have been several posts about the expectations of Dior being unreasonable and over the top demanding by folks with far more knowledge on the situation than you or I. His movement around different HS's is a major outlier. He bailed on on several player friendly programs including one we know well run by one of the best Prep coaches in the country. I'm not sure how evaluating the things we know and have been shared for what they are is wrong vs a blanket excuse for the kid. The hard lessons aren't prison.. just humility and earning your way.

What do you want to happen to him then to make him accountable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom