Class of 2022 - Our Old Friend Is Available Again | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Our Old Friend Is Available Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want to happen to him then to make him accountable?

Is this an audit? Try answering my questions first given you are so accusatory towards me and I will politely respond in kind.

Hint a hard lesson just means decisions have consequences especially when you spurn multiple opportunities millions would kill for. The whole point is that the lesson points you in a better direction and makes you a better person for it.

Is this an audit? Try answering my questions first given you are so accusatory towards me and I will politely respond in kind.

Hint a hard lesson just means decisions have consequences especially when you spurn multiple opportunities millions would kill for. The whole point is that the lesson points you in a better direction and makes you a better person for it.

Not an audit. You are making statements about life having consequences and inferring that he should have consequences for his action. So I an curious, what consequences do you want to have him experience, or if you prefer it phrased differently, what consequences should he experience?

I just want to know what the proper punishment should be for decommitting from a basketball team.

Not an audit. You are making statements about life having consequences and inferring that he should have consequences for his action. So I an curious, what consequences do you want to have him experience, or if you prefer it phrased differently, what consequences should he experience?

Really weird response. You still haven't answered my questions. Seems you are deflecting. You accused me of saying the kid should be treated as a felon. No idea where that is coming from..

I don't have an action plan for what Dior should have happen to him. Once again you should read the history on this kid. He has spurned good opportunities and burnt bridges. What should happen to him? He should hopefully learn for his future benefit that opportunities are not endless and that there is nothing wrong with humility. It's a lesson we all learn at some point in life clearly he hasn't yet based on what has been shared. As for exactly what should happen..it's a stupid question I have to say. How someone learns and becomes accountable for their choices is their own journey. For his sake hopefully it's not severe.

Like I said you seem to have an axe to grind. I'm not here for it. Nothing unfair about my comments.

Really weird response. You still haven't answered my questions. Seems you are deflecting. You accused me of saying the kid should be treated as a felon. No idea where that is coming from..

I don't have an action plan for what Dior should have happen to him. Once again you should read the history on this kid. He has spurned good opportunities and burnt bridges. What should happen to him? He should hopefully learn for his future benefit that opportunities are not endless and that there is nothing wrong with humility. It's a lesson we all learn at some point in life clearly he hasn't yet based on what has been shared. As for exactly what should happen..it's a stupid question I have to say. How someone learns and becomes accountable for their choices is their own journey. For his sake hopefully it's not severe.

Sorry, i will answer your questions. What are they?

Btw - you legitimately cant answer my question, which just goes to show how dumb your point is. There should be no consequences for decommitting from a basketball school. He should do what he thinks is best for him and his family. What you think is best is irrelevant.

Read my first response back to you and it's all good anyways. We aren't going to see eye to eye I don't think and that's cool.

Read my first response back to you and it's all good anyways. We aren't going to see eye to eye I don't think and that's cool.

That was a long post that didnt make a lot of sense and was very ambiguous so I skipped most of it. If you happen to have a clear question, happy to answer it.

He can be the best pg ever. We do not need his me personality to screw up the perceived team chemistry of this team. I believe that the coaching staff sees it the same way.
A great pg run the team. I see no hope of this. I think we need to stop. We have our guards. Anyone want to talk about a 4?

That was a long post that didnt make a lot of sense and was very ambiguous so I skipped most of it. If you happen to have a clear question, happy to answer it.

Not really ambiguous but ok.

You claimed I want him treated like a felon.. I asked where did I ever once say that. Curious where that accusation was coming from. I said nothing of the sort.

Secondly I asked: So let's give every kid everything they want and every choice with zero accountability for their actions? Is that what you believe?

Like I said not seeing eye to eye is cool. It is what it is.

Btw - you legitimately cant answer my question, which just goes to show how dumb your point is. There should be no consequences for decommitting from a basketball school. He should do what he thinks is best for him and his family. What you think is best is irrelevant.

You are really missing the point. I'm not talking about Oregon by itself. This is the last in a series of decisions he has made. That is the point.

Also why does being specific matter. You keep coming back to some form of penalty. Life lessons aren't speeding tickets ffs.

Anyways I think he needs a hard lesson to help him maximize his potential and right the ship. That could be in any form that helps him learn. You think that is treating him like a felon and I'm being harsh. I disagree with your assessment.

Last edited:
You are really missing the point. I'm not talking about Oregon by itself. This is the last in a series of decisions he has made. That is the point.

Also why does being specific matter. You keep coming back to some form of penalty. Life lessons aren't speeding tickets ffs.

Because saying you want to hold a kid accountable for decommitting from a basketball team is absurd. The fact that you can’t answer how he should be held accountable proves the absurdity of the premise. Thats why I asked the question.

Because saying you want to hold a kid accountable for decommitting from a basketball team is absurd. The fact that you can’t answer how he should be held accountable proves the absurdity of the premise. Thats why I asked the question.

All you are doing is baiting me to deflect and misrepresenting my point again. The absurdity is your missing the entire point yet still. If this was just about Oregon there wouldn't even be a thread on it. I mean sheesh.

If you can't see it then so be it. Drop your final line so you can feel you won or owned me I guess. I'm done. I do appreciate the crappy accusations though. Such fun making a post and being jumped on for a fair opinion.

Not really ambiguous but ok.

You claimed I want him treated like a felon.. I asked where did I ever once say that. Curious where that accusation was coming from. I said nothing of the sort.

Secondly I asked: So let's give every kid everything they want and every choice with zero accountability for their actions? Is that what you believe?

Like I said not seeing eye to eye is cool. It is what it is.

You said he should be given a hard lesson and not another chance. Thats something you would say about a felon.

No, you don’t give a kid everything they want. But if he wants to change schools because he believes it is in his own best interest, then that’s his right. I don’t believe he should he black balled.

Give me a break—hes going to school as next step in his basketball career. Lets not pretend like college bball players are scholars. Just look at the majors their put in. The entire concept of student athlete is a fraud on the public.

Also, lets also not pretend this isnt a mutually beneficial situation for the school.

This is a little over the top ignorant!! There are plenty of college basketball players as well as athletes playing other sports using their athletic ability to get an education with the scholarships they receive keeping them from having to go into lifelong debt to do it.

If they have enough ability to continue playing on a professional level before using their education in a more traditional manner that doesn’t mean they didn’t or won’t take advantage of the education they received while in school.

I am a former scholar athlete that excelled at athletics, got an education on scholarship, continued to law school and earned a position as a corporate lawyer for a major Fortune 500 corporation. And I guarantee you, I worked much harder to get my education than most of my peers because I was required to spend long hours in practices, working out, traveling to backroad destinations to compete and still keep up with the academic requirements of my degree.

This is a little over the top ignorant!! There are plenty of college basketball players as well as athletes playing other sports using their athletic ability to get an education with the scholarships they receive keeping them from having to go into lifelong debt to do it.

If they have enough ability to continue playing on a professional level before using their education in a more traditional manner that doesn’t mean they didn’t or won’t take advantage of the education they received while in school.

I am a former scholar athlete that excelled at athletics, got an education on scholarship, continued to law school and earned a position as a corporate lawyer for a major Fortune 500 corporation. And I guarantee you, I worked much harder to get my education than most of my peers because I was required to spend long hours in practices, working out, traveling to backroad destinations to compete and still keep up with the academic requirements of my degree.

Im talking about Dior’s situation. There’s a huge difference between a high-level D1 basketball player and your situation. I was responding to a comment that said “then don’t go to school” like its somehow wrong he is going to use college as the next step in his basketball career.

Btw - oregon got two guards from the portal and had their starting pg return. That is the reported reason dior is leaving. Its not like hes just getting cold feet.

Let me guess, your wife’s a supermodel and your kids go to Harvard too!

You said he should be given a hard lesson and not another chance. Thats something you would say about a felon.

No, you don’t give a kid everything they want. But if he wants to change schools because he believes it is in his own best interest, then that’s his right. I don’t believe he should he black balled.
Why don't you 2 carry on your conversation somewhere else?
The mods need to close this thread, or give the 2 of you a timeout.

Let’s be honest.
All decisions have consequences. Some good some bad.
What those consequences will be are unknown but will manifest themselves at some point.
Every person should pursue a path that’s best for them. Hopefully they have helpful guidance.
This kid is young being inudated with opportunities. A lot coming at him daily.
No doubt the kid can ball.
I’m more pissed at his handlers

Why don't you 2 carry on your conversation somewhere else?
The mods need to close this thread, or give the 2 of you a timeout.

So because I had an opinion and got jumped on and misquoted... I said it last night - done.

Let’s be honest.
All decisions have consequences. Some good some bad.
What those consequences will be are unknown but will manifest themselves at some point.
Every person should pursue a path that’s best for them. Hopefully they have helpful guidance.
This kid is young being inudated with opportunities. A lot coming at him daily.
No doubt the kid can ball.
I’m more pissed at his handlers

This.

It's a shame, because he clearly has some mad skills.

But, he'd hardly be the first person to get his athletic career derailed by poor decisions by themselves or those around them.

His actions already have had consequences.

I mean, he went from a Top 10-type recruit, to barely in the Top 100.
And then went from Syracuse commit, to Oregon (still pretty decent), to...
a handful of "meh" (at best) college hoops programs.

And I still seriously doubt he ever plays one second in college, because of his hopping around to 10 HS programs.

Here's hoping he gets his act together, and is able to capitalize on his abilities.
Rather than becoming yet another cautionary tale of too much adoration and publicity too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom