Paul Chryst from Pitt to Wisconssin | Syracusefan.com

Paul Chryst from Pitt to Wisconssin

Any Pitt candidates released? Hope they really mis-fire with their next hire

I think this is great for Pitt as his record was 19-19, Pitt is a nice job and they can do better than Paul.
http://m.jsonline.com/sports/blogs/285578791.html
Chryst poised to return to UW as coach, according to source
People are talking about Wisconsin having problems holding on to head coaches for football. What about Pittsburgh?

Recent Pitt Football Head Coach History

2010 Dave Wannstedt
2010 Mike Haywood (16 days)
2010 Todd Graham (1 year)
2011 Paul Chryst (3 years)
2014 (?)

5 head coaches in the span of 5 years. And that doesn't count the 2 coordinators who coached the team in bowl games after a head coach left after the regular season.

Wanny did a pretty decent job there. He locked down Western PA and Eastern OH for the Panthers.

Gary Andersen's house in Wisc. was once Chryst's house. Little meaning but interesting.

The control freak Alverez has his minion who he needs to run the Wisconsin program.

The big questions is, are there any Pitt recruits we can poach. Time to be opportunistic

Let's hope Pitt continues with the hardnosed power hulk smash approach.

Todd Graham bolting after a year might help us out a lot if he left such a bad taste in their mouth.

Post-Wanny, Pitt is very good at hiring coaches that they know do not really want to be there. I think Todd Graham's wife moved to Arizona before he even started talking to ASU.

If I'm Pitt at this point, I take a hard look at bringing back Johnny Majors.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 4m4 minutes ago
ICYMI: #Wisconsin will hire #Pitt's Paul Chryst to be new head coach - @FoxSports report: http://foxs.pt/1yYzxFb

So what do y'all think. Does he cannibalize the Pitt staff and take them with him. Does he retain any of the Wisconsin staff. And who ends up as HC at Pitt.

I'd be shocked if Chryst didn't gut the rest of Pitt's staff with him. A lot of Wisconsin ties on that staff.

I'd be shocked if Chryst didn't gut the rest of Pitt's staff with him. A lot of Wisconsin ties on that staff.

I also noticed that Nebraska has hired four assistants from Oregon State... so openings for Anderson to fill. With current staff at Wisconsin? And welcome back J.

Who coaches the Pitt bowl game and is it possible they move an assistant up to HC?

You guys think Pitt tried to hire Shady Schiano? He knows how to recruit PA and Jersey. Or they can hire Ditka

The answer is obvious.
Nebraska hired Oregon State coach Mike Reiley
Oregon State hired Wisconsin coach Gary Anderson
Wisconsin hired Pitt coach Paul Chyrst
Pitt should hire Bo Pelini to fill the circle.

Pelini > Chryst IMO. I doubt Pitt does better as well.

It's Dan Marino time!

Wait, we don't just ridiculously suggest alums like people do for SU?

LOL... I love when teams mention guys they want to coach that have ridiculously cushy and lucrative commentating TV gigs with no pressure.

We want "insert ridiculous name here" he can coach us, he's an Alum!!

Dan Marino
John Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jimmy Johnson
Dick Vermiel
Lou Holtz
etc...

Watch them bring in Holliday.

images