Pay Pal Cal to the Nets? | Syracusefan.com

Pay Pal Cal to the Nets?

O good another Calipari to the pros rumor. I will believe it when I see it.

What is the draw to coach the Nets, again? They are the 2nd team in their town, in a complete rebuilding situation, with a pretty bad roster.

Make-Easy-Forex-Cash.jpg

What is the draw to coach the Nets, again? They are the 2nd team in their town, in a complete rebuilding situation, with a pretty bad roster.

Yeah, but it's a decent sized town to be fair.

Kentucky can step up and pay him plenty, he has the best gig in college bball right now, he would be a fool to leave to coach a franchise that he already coached.

you forgot that the Knicks look at their assets going forward and laugh

The Celtics own the Nets next 3 first round draft picks. Calipari isn't leaving Kentucky for an NBA job that doesn't have Lebron.

No chance he goes to Brooklyn.

Going out on a limb here, but I don't think Cal is leaving arguably the best job in college basketball to take probably the worst job in professional sports right now

Billy King completely ruined the Nets, outside of playing in a nice arena, they really have nothing to offer.

but at least Billy gets to find the new GM

Not gonna happen, but I'd love to see it. It would be really good for college basketball.

Okay with me, I don't watch the NBA much. Screw both of 'em.

They may offer, but no way he accepts. Brooklyn is a tire fire that other tire fires look down on. T'Wolves maybe, a talented young core with draft picks but Brooklyn is not a real team for the next 3-5 years.

Gotta give him credit for being a tremendous recruiter , but cal can be such an impetuous child when things dont go his way. Imo this is a repeat of 2 yrs ago, coming off the nit appearance, they underachieved in reg season again, uk fans were starting to turn on him, so magically stories surfaced that the pros (nets) wanted him. It was an effu to uk fans when they turned up the heat. God forbid a coach making 4 mill feel some heat. But in the end they hit some clutch 3s in ncaa s and made an unexpected run to finals, cal got a raise i believe, and of course the nba stuff went away.

Notice last year when the reg season was going perfectly, i didnt notice any nba "rumours". But this season when they are not dominating like expected, some heat is on him from fanbase, out come these rumours again. Cal is actually fairly predictable. But give him credit no matter what happens he ll make more $. Its all about cal

Cal played it right. If the Nets are stupid enough to give him 10 years 120 million I would take the job. If Brooklyn had cap space and its draft picks it could get FAs with him recruiting.

The only NBA job I think Calipari would consider is Cleveland if they fired David Blatt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom