pearl washington | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

pearl washington

We should stop calling it the dome and just refer to it as " The Pearl"

" hey. you going to the pearl to watch the game?"

I always called it "The Oyster". I think it's would be appropriate to have a basketball statue to go with Ernie's FB statue, perhaps and action shot of Pearl laujnching from mid-court. And I'd live him to be there fore the dedication.

I don't care that we lost Robert Washington. I don't want to lose Pearl Washington.

pearl.jpg

Prayers to Pearl and his family and close friends. Dickie V will definitely come out in support of Pearl as will the world.

I agree. I really hope Pearl or his family gave Pete the OK to break this. Two of us here knew about this on Friday but knew it wasn't our place to make it public in a message board. If Pete wasn't given the OK it's not right when it comes to a personal matter such as this.

Be strong Pearl. Kick its ass like its a Hoya.

I am sorry but this is really poor taste. There are a few of us who chat offline when someone says "I knew about this last week, but didn't say anything" and have a really good time with it. But to brag about knowing about someone's poor health outcome before the rest of the board is downright shameful.

This post should be tacked as an example of "Think before you post".

I am sorry but this is really poor taste. There are a few of us who chat offline when someone says "I knew about this last week, but didn't say anything" and have a really good time with it. But to brag about knowing about someone's poor health outcome before the rest of the board is downright shameful.

Sorry, you're way off base. Not a thing wrong with the content or tone of that post, IMO, and he was in no way bragging.

BonaCuse said:
I am sorry but this is really poor taste. There are a few of us who chat offline when someone says "I knew about this last week, but didn't say anything" and have a really good time with it. But to brag about knowing about someone's poor health outcome before the rest of the board is downright shameful. This post should be tacked as an example of "Think before you post".

The point wasn't about knowing. The point was if you know something personal such as this, it's not appropriate to make it public. The post was about Vescey breaking it and it not being cool, UNLESS the family gave him the OK. Then it's all good. So you misread the post completely.

The point wasn't about knowing. The point was if you know something personal such as this, it's not appropriate to make it public. The post was about Vescey breaking it and it not being cool, UNLESS the family gave him the OK. Then it's all good. So you misread the post completely.

I think you could have made the point, without throwing the fact that you knew on Friday. It happens all the time on this board, and people get a pretty good laugh out of it. It doesn't need to happen when you are talking about such a sensitive topic such as this. Some discretion should have been used.

One could argue that it is in poor taste to incite an argument in a thread of this nature.

If there is private public prayer vigil, has there also been a public update on this condition. Presumably things aren't particularly rosey if there is a prayer vigil. Sorry if I missed it posted elsewhere.

I imagine it's going to be up and down and day to day.