Per SU's twitter, Grant made the U18 team | Syracusefan.com

Per SU's twitter, Grant made the U18 team

jekelish

Living Legend
Congrats to Jerami on making the final 12 man roster.

Article on the SU Athletics site. This will be a huge plus for his development.

Never got how they pick these teams. Do the real elite players just pass on invites? Every year it seems like a lot of top players aren't involved. Noel and Shabazz for example.

Have to imagine a lot of the best players figure they don't need it. Why waste the last summer at home with friends and family just chillin' when they'll be in the association in 2 or 3 years anyhow? I know the best want to test themselves against the best, but a 2 - 3 month commitment is probably more than most want at this stage of their life.

Sure does seem like a GREAT advantage for the "2nd tier" top-notch players looking leap frog the pack, however.

Never got how they pick these teams. Do the real elite players just pass on invites? Every year it seems like a lot of top players aren't involved. Noel and Shabazz for example.
A lot of the top guys are typically too old to compete.

Have to imagine a lot of the best players figure they don't need it. Why waste the last summer at home with friends and family just chillin' when they'll be in the association in 2 or 3 years anyhow? I know the best want to test themselves against the best, but a 2 - 3 month commitment is probably more than most want at this stage of their life.

Don't say that to Breanna Stewart. This will be her fifth summer with Team USA, and probably her 5th gold medal. She never gets tired of proving herself and understands the pride of wearing the USA on your chest.

A lot of the top guys are typically too old to compete.

Which is also true because the new trend is to hold the kid back a year somewhere in his schooling. Which is crap, if you ask me. There are a good number of kids on the AAU level playing a grade or two below their ages. I saw a '6th grader' last season with facial hair and the body of HS player.

Noel turned 18 in April and Shabazz turns 19 in November.
Yeah so Noel would have been eligible (based on age) but not Shabazz. The players that are eligible don't/didn't turn 18 until after 1/1/12.

The class descriptions don't fit the ages... Grant is actually younger than Nate Britt III who is a junior going into his senior year... Some parents just hold there kids back... Glad to see he made it!

Yeah so Noel would have been eligible (based on age) but not Shabazz. The players that are eligible don't/didn't turn 18 until after 1/1/12.

You could also argue Noel is a younger 18 year old sitting on a hidden gold mind drawn up by the devil himself. So you can rule him out.

Considering JAB picks the team, maybe Noel thought it better to sit this one out.

This kid is gonna be a stud ... nothing but positive news on him, I'm a fan of his already.

Is it just me or does he look like he's holding a mini basketball? (Thanks for the link OE)

rp_primary_GrantUSA6.jpg

of the nine man rotation next year, grant is probably the 9th guy (maybe the 8th if baye doesn't improve). unless grant has an explosive summer and really ups his game, i hope he's prepared for shortened mins his freshman year.

Considering JAB picks the team, maybe Noel thought it better to sit this one out.
Syracuse - The most hated renegade program in America.

If we were the most hated we would win some championships I think.
And I don't think we could ever be the most hated even if we did, because we are to fun of a team with to fun of a system. It takes teams to play boring ball against our zone to make us somewhat boring at times. Teams are afraid to test our shotblockers. They have been for years. And opponents wuss out occasionaly and don't let us play fast break basketball because they are boring.

And opponents wuss out occasionaly and don't let us play fast break basketball because they are boring.
I like how playing to your strengths and trying to limit your opponents strengths, aka using actual strategy, is now "wussing out."

And I don't think we could ever be the most hated even if we did, because we are to fun of a team with to fun of a system. It takes teams to play boring ball against our zone to make us somewhat boring at times. Teams are afraid to test our shotblockers. They have been for years. And opponents wuss out occasionaly and don't let us play fast break basketball because they are boring.
What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

Congrats to Jerami.

SU was only hated last year. i think it was a mix of our success along with the bernie stuff.

but human nature is to hate those sitting on top, so the more hate, the better our team.

Which is also true because the new trend is to hold the kid back a year somewhere in his schooling. Which is crap, if you ask me. There are a good number of kids on the AAU level playing a grade or two below their ages. I saw a '6th grader' last season with facial hair and the body of HS player.

My youngest son played in games where an opponent on the other JV team brought his toddler and new born to the games. It's amazing the difference in physical development even between kids of the same age, less comparing kids who differ by 2 years. Lots of kids overlooked and others overhyped.

By the way JB wants to win - so the accusation that he'd be vindictive is crazy.

Lol, I'm not sure how this thread got hijacked by my signature. You must have been in hibernation for the past 9 months if you think my sig quote has anything to do with on-court performance.

Don't say that to Breanna Stewart. This will be her fifth summer with Team USA, and probably her 5th gold medal. She never gets tired of proving herself and understands the pride of wearing the USA on your chest.
She also knows how bone the home team and go to a hated rival...

She also knows how bone the home team and go to a hated rival...

ahh you can't hate on bre stewart for going to uconn. she's the best in the country, going to the best program in the country. makes sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom