Petrino Presser previewing Syracuse | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Petrino Presser previewing Syracuse

Exactly. The Dome has never been a pleasant experience for Petrino. Trust me, we know what we're getting into.
Senore, why do you say that? Petrino is 3-0 in the Carrier Dome with double digit margin of victory for each.

Sell our souls to the devil? Syracuse fans are starting to sound a lot like Kentucky fans. I never imagined a win over an FCS team could inflate a fanbase's ego so much...
Says the guy whose team just beat a team that would struggle with a DII school.

I think the NCAA enjoys holding a sword over our heads - hell, you should be familiar with that. We did what we thought were all the right things, at our end = proactive punishment, no post season - and it hurt, as you know. Most of suspect the NCAA might ding Rick for a few games and let the chips fall where they were. I think that should be the extent of the whacking. It's not like we got one recruit out of Andre's trailer park trash heroism.

we were likewise proverbial ostriches with regards to the NCAAholes. don't expect any degree of rationality or proportional and appropriate response, unless you have some hidden UNC mojo going for you.

as for Petrino, at least he's a better guy than Peterno so you got that going for you,,,

we were likewise proverbial ostriches with regards to the NCAAholes. don't expect any degree of rationality or proportional and appropriate response, unless you have some hidden UNC mojo going for you.

as for Petrino, at least he's a better guy than Peterno so you got that going for you,,,

There is something about college coaches who are Italian and's name starts with P, except for our coach P, he was ok.

Senore2006 said:
Procuring hookers, lol. That sure is a big word.
It's actually two words: (1) procuring (2) hookers. To quote DeNiro: "I've got two words for you, shut the !"

I'm just having fun with you.

Honestly, I think the Robinson years are when I came into Syracuse football consciousness, more or less. I mean, as a child of the 60's, I remember the 50's and 60's teams, but, on an active level it took getting into the Big East for Cuse to matter to me.

Honestly, I think the Robinson years are when I came into Syracuse football consciousness, more or less. I mean, as a child of the 60's, I remember the 50's and 60's teams, but, on an active level it took getting into the Big East for Cuse to matter to me.
We won an ugly one against you in '92 right after we were blown out by Ohio St. That was the beginning of a good run for the rest of the season. Came close to beating an undefeated Miami team in the last regular season game and finished top 10 after winning the Fiesta Bowl.

Overall, Cuse fans are a classy bunch, although after reading some of the senseless, offensive spew and negatives directed toward UofL and Petrino (and Pitino at times on the bball board), makes you wonder sometimes. I've been here a long time, and have come to appreciate their sports programs too, and their coaches (no excuses for past promiscuity, bad is bad, but past is past). Stay on the high road, although that's difficult for some on a message board...

SUintheVille said:
Overall, Cuse fans are a classy bunch, although after reading some of the senseless, offensive spew and negatives directed toward UofL and Petrino (and Pitino at times on the bball board), makes you wonder sometimes. I've been here a long time, and have come to appreciate their sports programs too, and their coaches (no excuses for past promiscuity, bad is bad, but past is past). Stay on the high road, although that's difficult for some on a message board...

It's all in good fun. I think highly of the school, just not the coaches (and I think that it is warranted). And the fans have been alright.

Vice versa. UofL fans have always liked Boheim. To be honest, to us, he is the face of your program. When he freaks out in press conferences - which so appalled the Dukies - we were mostly "Hell, yeah!!" We tolerate a certain high quality irrationality, I guess, lol. What is most likely in our futures, if you really asked me, is a supportive relationship. You guys were "on" with our coming the the Big East and you were just as on with our coming to the ACC. That stuff goes a long, long way. We are proud of what has been built here - and in such a relatively short period of time - and you have never resented the sporting half of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom