Petrino Presser previewing Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Petrino Presser previewing Syracuse

I think the national media and ESPN have demonized him and people outside Louisville don't really know about the background and what he has done to atone and help others in football and life. There is an article every month in the local paper.

Just keep an open mind that none of us are perfect. Saying Petrino has made mistakes is fair. Saying he is a garbage human being is just repeating popular mantras, beliefs and sound bites from national media spinners, without looking into it beyond ESPN and funny memes.

Petrino Family Foundation starts with donation topping $1 million

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=498002.0;wap

Bobby Petrino Jr., football coach's son, comes out

Petrino had ex-Cards

'Changed person' Bobby Petrino introduced as Louisville's head coach

I hope it is a good game versus Cuse and we know it will be tough in the Dome. Never easy there and Petrino's teams have struggled there.
Exactly. The Dome has never been a pleasant experience for Petrino. Trust me, we know what we're getting into.

You don't know anything about the man, his philanthropy, his community involvement - none of that. For you, it's enough that he stupidly got his arse caught while carrying an ego that was too big for his shoulders on top of his messy shorts. He embarrassed himself and - worse - his family. Pitino did the same thing. What does that do for us? It made us laugh then and it makes us laugh now. Finally, we are absolutely guaranteed to have 2 guys who won't be pontificating like preachers about how "they always do the right thing", when the whole world knows it is bullcrap anyway.

The upside? We get 2 absolute sporting geniuses who now give terrific press conferences, full of information and totally transparent and who are relieved of the oppressing need to be all things to all people. We've seen their warts, lol. We're just glad it was them and not us. Now we can watch them work their craft, which was their only job in the first place...lol, aside from staying out of trouble.
Tell that to the coach whose fiancee he was giving rides to. Or to the team he bailed on. You can't buy your way in to heaven. Or to respectability.

Sell our souls to the devil? Syracuse fans are starting to sound a lot like Kentucky fans. I never imagined a win over an FCS team could inflate a fanbase's ego so much...
If only you had a board of your own to go to where you wouldn't be subjected to this "nonsense".

I have no hate for Louisville (yet at least), I am glad they are in the ACC. The Cards make us a stronger conference. I can understand the disgust for Petrino though. Sports Talk radio here in Atlanta still lambasts the guy for the way he left the Falcons. They had a field day when the 'incident' in Arkansas happened. People can change but Petrino will need to walk on water before people stop viewing him as a scumbag. Currently, his negatives far outweigh his positives for most people outside of Louisville.

"He may be a scumbag, but he's our scumbag." Little long for tshirt, but it would look good in red.

Listen, even Louisville fans can understand the rancor towards BobbyP. Even when he coached there, his first time around, he was abrasive towards the local media and high school football staffs locally. His flirtations with other schools drove the fan base nutzo. There was an awful lot not to like, far beyond the current perceptions of his misbehaviors since then. You are actually preaching to the choir of some others - us - that he used like a rag. He was not likeable, in short, so we have never been his largest fans until he fell on his big arse in such a spectacular and totally cringe-worthy fashion.

His reclamation has been interesting to watch and it has always been accompanied with demands - not requests - for sincerity. Who we really do trust, however, is our AD, Tom Jurich. He made the call which nary a one of us would have made, make no mistake. His welcome back was not a warm and cuddly thing. His contrition is a constant subject. Now we've gone and given him a second chance. It's up to him not to blow it.

Senore2006 said:
Listen, even Louisville fans can understand the rancor towards BobbyP. Even when he coached there, his first time around, he was abrasive towards the local media and high school football staffs locally. His flirtations with other schools drove the fan base nutzo. There was an awful lot not to like, far beyond the current perceptions of his misbehaviors since then. You are actually preaching to the choir of some others - us - that he used like a rag. He was not likeable, in short, so we have never been his largest fans until he fell on his big arse in such a spectacular and totally cringe-worthy fashion. His reclamation has been interesting to watch and it has always been accompanied with demands - not requests - for sincerity. Who we really do trust, however, is our AD, Tom Jurich. He made the call which nary a one of us would have made, make no mistake. His welcome back was not a warm and cuddly thing. His contrition is a constant subject. Now we've gone and given him a second chance. It's up to him not to blow it.

I like Jurich a lot. I'm amazed at his ability to ride out the BBall scandal unscathed (so far).

I don't automatically push an agenda of snark. That seems more up your alley. I'm a lover, not a fighter. I already raised my kids.
The fact that you are here attempting to torment a fanbase that might see some light at the end of a LONG tunnel says all we need to know about you.

I have no hate for Louisville (yet at least), I am glad they are in the ACC. The Cards make us a stronger conference. I can understand the disgust for Petrino though. Sports Talk radio here in Atlanta still lambasts the guy for the way he left the Falcons. They had a field day when the 'incident' in Arkansas happened. People can change but Petrino will need to walk on water before people stop viewing him as a scumbag. Currently, his negatives far outweigh his positives for most people outside of Louisville.

I don't either, they have some good fans, their forum reminds me a lot of ours. I just can't stand their two head coaches.

The fact that you are here attempting to torment a fanbase that might see some light at the end of a LONG tunnel says all we need to know about you.
Being a perceptive chap is a gift. I congratulate you on your insight.

You don't know anything about the man, his philanthropy, his community involvement - none of that. For you, it's enough that he stupidly got his arse caught while carrying an ego that was too big for his shoulders on top of his messy shorts. He embarrassed himself and - worse - his family. Pitino did the same thing. What does that do for us? It made us laugh then and it makes us laugh now. Finally, we are absolutely guaranteed to have 2 guys who won't be pontificating like preachers about how "they always do the right thing", when the whole world knows it is bullcrap anyway.

The upside? We get 2 absolute sporting geniuses who now give terrific press conferences, full of information and totally transparent and who are relieved of the oppressing need to be all things to all people. We've seen their warts, lol. We're just glad it was them and not us. Now we can watch them work their craft, which was their only job in the first place...lol, aside from staying out of trouble.

1) They don't need to pontificate when you do it for them.
2) Most of us, if not all of us, respect what Petrino can do on the field. Our disrespect is due to his extra-curricular activities.
3) If the man is half as wonderful as you claim, he would never have made such a stupid statement, especially without knowing the rule! (HINT: read the thread)
4) Most Coaches have charities and do some sort of charity work. They have to, it is part of the job. Frankly, I fully expect it of any D1 coach.
5) Pitino was a Boeheim assistant. We also knew him well from his time at Providence. We respect his hoops acumen, and disagree with his extra-curricular activities. Pitino doesn't make a lot of stupid statements. If/when he does, and we need to talk smack, they become fodder.

It is the way of smack talk. Get over it. Don't defend Petrino, he made a verbal gaff and this is game week between us. Everything is fair game, in play, whatever colloquialism you prefer. After the game, we will pull for you guys against others (all OOC, NCState, anyone that will improve our bowl opportunities, Georgetown). There really is no level of hate with Louisville, way too early in the series history to hate. This is just game week.

Syracuse is a school that rarely hates. We reserve it mostly for Georgetown and PedState. We greatly dislike WVU fans, VATech (excellent series history there), Miami (who doesn't) and NCState is moving in this direction.

Being a perceptive chap is a gift. I congratulate you on your insight.
what is the inside word on your hoop program. Are you expecting to get whacked?

LOL

I do appreciate the “aw shucks, I’m just a good old boy who don’t know no better” way Petrino goes about accusing Dino Babers of cheating as a way to soften his dickery. Well gee whiz, I don’t know how that works up there but we’ll take a good ol’ look at that there, gee willikers.

what is the inside word on your hoop program. Are you expecting to get whacked?
I think the NCAA enjoys holding a sword over our heads - hell, you should be familiar with that. We did what we thought were all the right things, at our end = proactive punishment, no post season - and it hurt, as you know. Most of suspect the NCAA might ding Rick for a few games and let the chips fall where they were. I think that should be the extent of the whacking. It's not like we got one recruit out of Andre's trailer park trash heroism.

I think the NCAA enjoys holding a sword over our heads - hell, you should be familiar with that. We did what we thought were all the right things, at our end = proactive punishment, no post season - and it hurt, as you know. Most of suspect the NCAA might ding Rick for a few games and let the chips fall where they were. I think that should be the extent of the whacking. It's not like we got one recruit out of Andre's trailer park trash heroism.

Apparently procuring hookers for players and/or recruits is in the NCAA's wheelhouse... If your not Miami

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom