Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
So either UConn is completely full of

Or Akok did verbal but him and his coach want to announce it on his own terms so they’re saving face

One would think that if you are a recruit like AA and you feel like a school is leaking false info that you committed it might make you less inclined to trust the staff and go there. Hope this fake news backfires on UConn.

Good take. Hurley always preaches trust. This is very interesting

So either UConn is completely full of

Or Akok did verbal but him and his coach want to announce it on his own terms so they’re saving face
The kid initially said he was going to wait until the spring to commit and the recent zags article said November. So he’s seemed pretty intent on carefully examining all his options and taking his visits. I wouldn’t worry about the UConn clowns who claim he gave a verbal.

Can confirm. Rumors taken from the Boneyard should be taken with a grain of salt. I’ll never understand why some of you insist on spending time over there? We have plenty of wingnuts here you shouldn’t have to go elsewhere looking for them.

One would think that if you are a recruit like AA and you feel like a school is leaking false info that you committed it might make you less inclined to trust the staff and go there. Hope this fake news backfires on UConn.
the school didn't put anything out. it is an ncaa violation to talk about a recruit before an loi has been signed. it was never anything more than a message board rumor

C8FBCC24-D4EE-49A7-A929-E5AD1C9217BD.png

Akok is a one and done most likely anyway. If OB comes back and we get Guerrier this won’t matter. But if OB leaves and we don’t get Quincy this is a huge miss
I don’t believe that Akok Akok is an one-and-done recruit. He is very thin and does not have that much experi4nce against college level players. I look at him to be a 3, maybe 4 year player. He needs to develop his skills against more experienced players and teams.

I don’t believe that Akok Akok is an one-and-done recruit. He is very thin and does not have that much experi4nce against college level players. I look at him to be a 3, maybe 4 year player. He needs to develop his skills against more experienced players and teams.

Don’t sell him short. He is the single most important recruit of the ESPN era, or at least some would seem to have you believe.

If you look at his Twitter you can see that he follows two UConn pages and no Syracuse. To me this looks like he is heavily leaning towards UConn. Most kids will follow profiles that they personally like. . .

Can confirm. Rumors taken from the Boneyard should be taken with a grain of salt. I’ll never understand why some of you insist on spending time over there? We have plenty of wingnuts here you shouldn’t have to go elsewhere looking for them.

Eh. People are equally obsessed with Rutgers.

Hes a 2 year guy...3 would be pushing it! He has the NBA intangibles that they drool over. If hes gone in a year then he was stellar for whoever hes playing for. Have u seen the skillset this kid has?

Don’t sell him short. He is the single most important recruit of the ESPN era, or at least some would seem to have you believe.
Not selling Akok Akok short. I believe that he is more of an recruit for Syracuse than Stewart, Girard, even Guerrier. I just don’t believe he is an one and done recruit. He is the one recruit that I have been following that I want to play for Syracuse.

He could be using his other visits just to see campuses and eat at nice restaurants for free.

But yeah we know a silent verbal isn't a lock, but if you're UConn and he takes his final 2 visits, anything can happen.

UConn kind of backed off him when he struggled early in the summer but they put in a lot of work late.

That poster has been fairly accurate but if it's true it does take the moment away from the kid.

Was it Fishy who said it? Cuz if it's Fishy, it's true. He's their Jake and Bees rolled into one.

BField and Matrim are 2 of their better guys. It’s one thing to say “visit went well”, but to say “verbal” and “won’t be taking any more visits” sounds pretty certain to me lol

We'll certainly find out soon enough.

Wahab isn’t a big deal

He's a slightly better version of JBA, in my opinion. Solid pick up, not a star. He'll take a couple years.

i've always thought he was a 2 and done, especially if he plays for syracuse. he's built for jb's system, where his strengths will be highlighted & weaknesses hidden. he'll look like a taller, longer wes johnson, which was good enough to be a 4th overall pick first time around

Status
Not open for further replies.