Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we don't get Akok, but get Stewart we have to be happy with that trade.

Also I wonder if Akok is waiting for a bigger fish to offer and that's why he's taking his time.

Speaking of UConn being so confident, rumor is Penny is pushing hard for Precious to go to Memphis.
I was wondering what the deal was with precious.

I think Precious is the one waiting for a big boy offer. He was seen as a UConn lean for the longest time but has said he's going to wait to decide.

Think about it, the kid is top 10 nationally, but his current Crystal Ball picks are: UConn, St. John's, Syracuse, Memphis. He has an offer from Kansas.

But not from Kentuck, Duke or UNC. Very odd to me that a kid rated that highly doesn't have the big boys around him. His offer list looks more like a top 50 kid, not a top 10 kid.

I've heard he may be UNC's plan C depending on what happens. But as of now, no offer from the big 3.

I think Precious is the one waiting for a big boy offer. He was seen as a UConn lean for the longest time but has said he's going to wait to decide.

Think about it, the kid is top 10 nationally, but his current Crystal Ball picks are: UConn, St. John's, Syracuse, Memphis. He has an offer from Kansas.

But not from Kentuck, Duke or UNC. Very odd to me that a kid rated that highly doesn't have the big boys around him. His offer list looks more like a top 50 kid, not a top 10 kid.

I've heard he may be UNC's plan C depending on what happens. But as of now, no offer from the big 3.

Memphis is amongst the favorites for Wiseman. If they can get him they can get Precious.

Think about it. A kid that is a top 10 talent.

But he's from NYC.

Connect the dots.

That is all.

Wahab to uconn is definitely a possibility...I find it funny they think he hasn't visited gtown lately...I dont think much was posted publicly about it but wahab was definitely at gtowns opening night with the guy that handles him or lives with him I'm not sure the connection but they were there. Also hilarious that there akok thread went from being they landed akok to panic and being locked! I love it!

Wahab to uconn is definitely a possibility...I find it funny they think he hasn't visited gtown lately...I dont think much was posted publicly about it but wahab was definitely at gtowns opening night with the guy that handles him or lives with him I'm not sure the connection but they were there. Also hilarious that there akok thread went from being they landed akok to panic and being locked! I love it!

0.0 that Wahab ends up at storrs state.

Georgetown would be a good pick for him, as well. I posted to that effect elsewhere recently.

Is there a world that exists where Akok, Stewart and Guerrier were all Orange?

Asking for a delusional fan/friend.

Only if two of those guys were stepping into starting roles in 2019, IMO. Which seems possible.

Re: starting, three might be too much to expect if Sidibe / Dolezaj return. I'm also assuming that Buddy starts at 2 after Battle departs, which might push Guerrier to 3.

YES! Earth44 is such a universe, where everything comes up Otto! ;)

All 3 of them can potentially play 2 positions:
Stewart 5/4, Akok 4/3, QG 3/2.

And since odds are high that both Battle and OSB jump after this year, each of those 3 guys would have an excellent chance of landing a starting position at the higher of those #'s.

Imagine this 2019 lineup, if you will:
5 - Stewart (Sidibe, JBA)
4 - Akok (Marek, Stewart, Braswell)
3 - QG (Marek, Akok, Hughes, Braswell)
2 - Hughes (QG, Buddy, JG3)
1 - Carey (Goodine, HW, JG3)

Filthy. :cool:

I think it works perfectly well in terms of them all fitting together. Seems like based on what we've heard, the players don't necessarily see it that way though.

...or we just win the national championship this year, which enables players like Hughes / Brissett / Sidibe to all capitalize on the national attention and jump to the NBA as first round picks.

Then, Guerrier, Akok, and Stewart all slide right into starting roles.

Easy-peasy.

I have no idea what’s going on with Akok Akok, but at some point it’s very likely that we may lose a recruit to Uconn. Hurley is a very very good recruiter.

If you’re going to take shots at kids or our staff for losing recruits to UConn, you’re not being realistic.

Hurley is a very good hire. He will likely get Uconn back to the dance. The issue UConn will have is if they can keep him, or if they become a stepping stone job.

I have no idea what’s going on with Akok Akok, but at some point it’s very likely that we may lose a recruit to Uconn. Hurley is a very very good recruiter.

If you’re going to take shots at kids or our staff for losing recruits to UConn, you’re not being realistic.

Hurley is a very good hire. He will likely get Uconn back to the dance. The issue UConn will have is if they can keep him, or if they become a stepping stone job.

I think saying hurley is a very very good recruiter remains to be seen. Uconn has brand name but we dont know how anyone can recruit there, now that theyre in the american. I suspect the shine of a new hire will wear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom