Class of 2017 - PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas

Making a spring decision could work in our favor. We can say for certain that we will have scholarships available given our numbers. Can/would other schools take the chance of not taking a commitment or two as the dominos start to fall with the hopes of landing Preston late? It'll be interesting to see how rosters at these other 3 schools look in the spring.

Making a spring decision could work in our favor. We can say for certain that we will have scholarships available given our numbers. Can/would other schools take the chance of not taking a commitment or two as the dominos start to fall with the hopes of landing Preston late? It'll be interesting to see how rosters at these other 3 schools look in the spring.

Everything will be much clearer after the early signing period. There are about 20 or so big time recruits uncommitted right now. They can't all go to the same 2 or 3 schools. We will have plenty of minutes and ships available. It will be interesting to see who signs early, where they go and who decides to wait it out.

The longer this goes then maybe the better for SU(still think he's a big longshot), but at this point the only school that his mother would sign off on besides USC is Kansas.

Where have I heard this story before? ;)

Not to mention, if we have a great year [and are one of the top teams in the country, wire-to-wire], that won't hurt our cause.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but imagine a front court of Thompson, Lydon, and Preston. Tons of skill and tons of size. Add Howard and a 5th year transfer in the mold of Andrew White and that's a title contending starting 5, with Green, Chukwu and Moyer to provide title contending depth. Its fun to dream.

Last edited:
Yeah, I see him going back home to California
And he can pick from the myriad California teams that are perennially vying for a National Championship. Since 1980 only 2 California teams have made it to the final 4. Stanford made it once in 1998 and UCLA made it 3 times from 2006 -2008. Neither of them won a title and UCLA made it to the title game in 2006 only to lose to Florida.

And he can pick from the myriad California teams that are perennially vying for a National Championship. Since 1980 only 2 California teams have made it to the final 4. Stanford made it once in 1998 and UCLA made it 3 times from 2006 -2008. Neither of them won a title and UCLA made it to the title game in 2006 only to lose to Florida.

Since 1980? UCLA won it in '95. But I get your point here.

He was just at his home town school USC before Halloween. That was his last official visit. My guess is that he goes home before the NBA.

Any insiders able to give us a lay of the land on this? Is it beneficial for SU at all that Preston is announcing next week or is it a negative turn of events (wasn't he going to wait until spring to commit a couple of weeks ago?)?

Any insiders able to give us a lay of the land on this? Is it beneficial for SU at all that Preston is announcing next week or is it a negative turn of events (wasn't he going to wait until spring to commit a couple of weeks ago?)?

He was going to be late, then early, then late now next week! No idea if it's good for us or not. :noidea:

JDubbin said:

I'm not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom