Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct a school cant talk about it or suggest but recruits can talk to current players, see what kind of cars they drive and things they have. Did we not just see some threads on Jimmy/ Buddy and NIL money? It’s inferred as part of the package….

Correct a school cant talk about it or suggest but recruits can talk to current players, see what kind of cars they drive and things they have. Did we not just see some threads on Jimmy/ Buddy and NIL money? It’s inferred as part of the package….
Time talk about JP?

Can anyone cite an NCAA infractions case or even imvestigation in the era of Nil regarding player inducements or pay for play? I will hang up and listen...
Seriously, it's like if there are no speeding tickets ever handed out, is there a speed limit?
Think about it...

Can anyone cite an NCAA infractions case or even imvestigation in the era of Nil regarding player inducements or pay for play? I will hang up and listen...
Seriously, it's like if there are no speeding tickets ever handed out, is there a speed limit?
Think about it...

Miami and BYU are both under investigation. Doubt anything happens because the NCAA are wussy’s. But anyone that promotes cheating should step away. Think about it…

You guys kill recruiting threads
I mean this a fan forum, fans want to converse and this is a perfect to venue to do so. NIL plays a role in recruitment the recruitment board is a perfect place to discuss it. I’m not sure why this is any less relevant then a bunch of posts from people claiming to have insider knowledge (which they very might well have, but it’s all conjecture if no one is naming names).

Where are the admins who monitor these threads? All the NIL discussion and commentary should be moved to the Main Basketball thread. Orange 79 where are you?

I mean this a fan forum, fans want to converse and this is a perfect to venue to do so considering NIL plays a role in recruitment it’s the perfect place to discuss it. I’m not sure why this is any less relevant then a bunch of posts from people claiming to have insider knowledge (which they very might well have, but it’s all conjecture if no one is naming names).
This is a message board with different forums, that have threads within the forum with specific subject titles. Post to the correct forum and under the correct subject title so we stay on topic. Not very difficult. Thank you.

Miami and BYU are both under investigation. Doubt anything happens because the NCAA are wussy’s. But anyone that promotes cheating should step away. Think about it…
Interesting, didn't know on the U and Byu. Agreed that I don't believe anything is gonna happen until I actually see it. So it begs the question

I mean this a fan forum, fans want to converse and this is a perfect to venue to do so. NIL plays a role in recruitment the recruitment board is a perfect place to discuss it. I’m not sure why this is any less relevant then a bunch of posts from people claiming to have insider knowledge (which they very might well have, but it’s all conjecture if no one is naming names).
This ain’t the thread to do it. Main board amigo

Grab a snickers man. Not every thread needs to be an argument. It's getting old. Let's see what Sept 2nd brings with JP.

Gonna be a long 2/3 a month till Sept 2.

Anymore it always feels a little perilous when going up against an $EC school these days no matter who or what sport. Just so much freaking money with the schools in that conference

Watched some of the game on espnu tonight, if you want to call it a game. And I thought the McDonald's all American game was bad, this was brutal. But from what I saw I really like him as a player, moves well, long, athletic enough, seems like a solid basketball IQ, be great fit for the zone. If he came here he'd be the best freshman pick up for this program (kadary excluded) since probably lydon in my opinion

Watched some of the game on espnu tonight, if you want to call it a game. And I thought the McDonald's all American game was bad, this was brutal. But from what I saw I really like him as a player, moves well, long, athletic enough, seems like a solid basketball IQ, be great fit for the zone. If he came here he'd be the best freshman pick up for this program (kadary excluded) since probably lydon in my opinion
yeah, the young man is a player. Add he and Ducharme and hopefully Trey to the core of the class of 2022, and we would be deep and talented.

If it’s 250k compared to $10k, he’d be foolish to come to SU
Not necessarily if the thinking is more than short term money. You can't put a value on your family being able to see you play and perhaps the biggest factor, which school can best prepare the player to reach the goal of making it to the NBA. You can run to the school that throws the most money at you and it's just the wrong fit. Not saying that would be the case with Tennessee, but a smart kid and family whose ultimate goal is getting to the NBA, would not be concerned with the highest bidder of NIL dollars.

Not necessarily if the thinking is more than short term money. You can't put a value on your family being able to see you play and perhaps the biggest factor, which school can best prepare the player to reach the goal of making it to the NBA. You can run to the school that throws the most money at you and it's just the wrong fit. Not saying that would be the case with Tennessee, but a smart kid and family whose ultimate goal is getting to the NBA, would not be concerned with the highest bidder of NIL dollars.
Is this about JP or NIL?

He can buy his family 1st class tickets to every game with 250k a year lol.

I suppose there’s an argument for a better “fit” or “prepping for nba”, and that’s obviously really situational. I’d be surprised if most kids/families value a perceived fit to be worth 10k>250k, though.

Is this about JP or NIL?
Can't it be both? I understand if it was a conversation on NIL solely, but it is about how an NIL could impact JP's college recruitment which seems appropriate as we are now near the end with his decision in a couple of weeks.

Interesting post by JT’s mom, but is this legal?
Grab a snickers man. Not every thread needs to be an argument. It's getting old. Let's see what Sept 2nd brings with JP.
I’m not arguing, just think you all need to chill out. It’s a fan board. If you want to only dicusss updates on JP, of which there would be like 5-6, (offer, interview, visit, interview, commitment announcement), then lock the thread and only allow those updates.

Interesting post by JT’s mom, but is this legal?

I’m not arguing, just think you all need to chill out. It’s a fan board. If you want to only dicusss updates on JP, of which there would be like 5-6, (offer, interview, visit, interview, commitment announcement), then lock the thread and only allow those updates.
Last warning to all.

You can discuss anything you want on this site (of course, within reason).

But THIS thread is about Joseph Esrella. Period.

Take all the other discussions to the main board. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom