Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth getting up in arms about. At this point in the Mintz recruitment was all crystal balls to DePaul.

Agreed, but hate to see things potentially swinging this way.

Two weeks ago there were a group of posters extolling the coaching staff for landing a class that would include Estrella and Ducharme -- here's hoping they were right, instead of counting chickens.

Rivals now also predicts Tennessee.

If I was JP’s father and sat down with and go down his list of requirements, I would tell him that he could star/play at any of the four schools he listed. I would tell him it looks like at this time the opportunity for minutes at the 4 and the 5 is at Syracuse. Tennessee is not that strong at the 4/5 but seem weak all around. I would ask him what does he want to do after basketball and what field would he like to pursue. If it is sports management which has been rumored, I would say Syracuse would be the best place for him. If you want for the family to see you play then Syracuse is the closest by far for us to get to.

if you want to be able go professional early, you would get significant playing time at each school. Syracuse is weak right now at the 4/5. Iowa, TN and Marquette are similar in that respect. If you want to get away from home then TN, Iowa and Marquette are further away.

what is your line of thinking?

If I was JP’s father and sat down with and go down his list of requirements, I would tell him that he could star/play at any of the four schools he listed. I would tell him it looks like at this time the opportunity for minutes at the 4 and the 5 is at Syracuse. Tennessee is not that strong at the 4/5 but seem weak all around. I would ask him what does he want to do after basketball and what field would he like to pursue. If it is sports management which has been rumored, I would say Syracuse would be the best place for him. If you want for the family to see you play then Syracuse is the closest by far for us to get to.

if you want to be able go professional early, you would get significant playing time at each school. Syracuse is weak right now at the 4/5. Iowa, TN and Marquette are similar in that respect. If you want to get away from home then TN, Iowa and Marquette are further away.

what is your line of thinking?
If he goes to Tennessee it will be because of NIL. But hopefully he and his family will look at the long term advantages of attending Syracuse instead.

Not worth getting up in arms about. At this point in the Mintz recruitment was all crystal balls to DePaul.
I trust the guy here with staff connections more than a lot of the goofy crystall ball guys who flip their prediction right before announcement for the sake of their stats. Still assuming it’s Cuse unless the staff indicates anything changed.

If he goes to Tennessee it will be because of NIL. But hopefully he and his family will look at the long term advantages of attending Syracuse instead.
I hope we get JP, but blindly being dismissive of UT like SU is MIT is ridiculous. They are comparable undergraduate schools according to this. Syracuse vs. UTK - Academic Comparison.
Much nicer winter. Can be argued that the SEC is now a superior, or at least equal, basketball league.
And there is always this

The SEC passed the ACC last year. It will be interesting to see how this year works out.

It's like a broken record. "We gave it our best shot regardless."
I thought the broken record (for those of you that know what that means) was that we're not trying hard enough.

Y

didn't the ACC have 2 teams in the final four this year?
Is that the criteria... a 4 game run. By that measure, the regular season means nothing: the FF is the measure of conferences, to wit: in 2018, the MVC was as good a conference as the Big 10, Big East and Big Eight.

They only list the programs with CBs there.

A second CB dropped today for Tenn with confidence score of 8.
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to call them hosers for thinking they have inside info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom