Class of 2016 - PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn

Probably wrong here, but it is possible that he wants to commit to SU before Battle can take the spot. He did call it his dream school pretty recently.

RF2044 said:
:bang::bang::bang::bang:

I left the gun on the table for you.

Oh lord.

jgeorge322 said:
Honestly, whats w so many kids calling cuse their dream school? We should have numerous banners for the number of times ive heard that

Heard it from a past FB coach.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:
Let's remember that these kids are 17 years old, so none of us can expect to know what they're going to do. Yes, he visited only Uconn, so odds are he's going there. But when someone calls a school their dream school two weeks before they're going to announce it is absolutely ridiculous to rule that school out of the running for the kid. I understand that this board has been crazy the past few weeks with Battle and everything, but let's think about who posts something before attacking somebody guys. I feel that I have been a valuable poster on this board, I am no CuseHulk. I was just presenting a scenario that is completely realistic when you consider what recruits like Battle and Swanigan have done in the past months. Take nothing for granted when you're talking about 17 years olds. I'll be taking a hiatus of my own until some of the commits happen and everything settles down, since it seems that at this point you guys want to take every post and have a breakdown about it.

I hate UConn, but the tea leaves suggest thats where he's going. At least we won't have to compete against him in the ACC.

I hate UConn, but the tea leaves suggest thats where he's going. At least we won't have to compete against him in the ACC.
tea leaves as in nitwits at the bonedyard?

tea leaves as in nitwits at the bonedyard?

I'm sure they think they will get him, but just a bunch of mouth breathers over there. He never visited Louisville officially.

The Louisville board has Uconn as the favorite.

Let's remember that these kids are 17 years old, so none of us can expect to know what they're going to do. Yes, he visited only Uconn, so odds are he's going there. But when someone calls a school their dream school two weeks before they're going to announce it is absolutely ridiculous to rule that school out of the running for the kid. I understand that this board has been crazy the past few weeks with Battle and everything, but let's think about who posts something before attacking somebody guys. I feel that I have been a valuable poster on this board, I am no CuseHulk. I was just presenting a scenario that is completely realistic when you consider what recruits like Battle and Swanigan have done in the past months. Take nothing for granted when you're talking about 17 years olds. I'll be taking a hiatus of my own until some of the commits happen and everything settles down, since it seems that at this point you guys want to take every post and have a breakdown about it.

The problem with your senario is that SU wouldn't except a commitment from Gilbert right now. Not to mention that we basically have not recruited any guards for 16 since Battle decommitted. It's Battle and if by some freak happenstance its not then Herter is our 16 guard although we would like to get him in 17 after Battle commits.

This stuff is not rocket science.

But when someone calls a school their dream school two weeks before they're going to announce it is absolutely ridiculous to rule that school out of the running for the kid.

I really think he did it because SU wasn't giving him love and he wanted to get attention.

At this point i'll take whoever commits first. But that's because I'm impatient and know nothing about recruiting in basketball.

At this point i'll take whoever commits first. But that's because I'm impatient and know nothing about recruiting in basketball.

Gilbert really doesn't fit what we do at all.

I could not agree more !

I'll take any big time guard right now even if Gilbert doesn't fit the typical zone measurables (over-valued, imo).

Well clearly there's something wrong him if he thinks 3-4 years of playing the Tulsas and East Carolinas of the world will be good for his development.

Well clearly there's something wrong him if he thinks 3-4 years of playing the Tulsas and East Carolinas of the world will be good for his development.
I think for that reason it'll be ville.

UofL guards haven't lit up the NBA with all that development.

I actually agree with this. Smith and Siva were both sent to the D league quick. Blackshear was a 5 star that never really developed. The Celtics reached on Rozier this year I thought. Besides Dieng, most recent Louisville players have flamed out rather quickly in the NBA. Earl Clark and Terence Williams were huge busts. The most successful recent Louisville player in the NBA is Francisco Garcia and he's been in the league 10 years now.

I actually agree with this. Smith and Siva were both sent to the D league quick. Blackshear was a 5 star that never really developed. The Celtics reached on Rozier this year I thought. Besides Dieng, most recent Louisville players have flamed out rather quickly in the NBA. Earl Clark and Terence Williams were huge busts. The most successful recent Louisville player in the NBA is Francisco Garcia and he's been in the league 10 years now.

True. TWill was the biggest bust surprise to me. I thought he would be a solid NBA SG/SF for years. I think Rozier has some serious game though and he's young. We'll see.