Class of 2016 - PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Alterique Gilbert (GA) Verballed to UConn

Well clearly there's something wrong him if he thinks 3-4 years of playing the Tulsas and East Carolinas of the world will be good for his development.

I missed this. Are they on his final list or something?

I hate UConn, but the tea leaves suggest thats where he's going. At least we won't have to compete against him in the ACC.

Agreed. I think the Huskies have this and it just goes to show they will continue to get high level prospects. That's what 4 NCs and a name coach does for you.

Louisville will survive.

Cheers,
Neil

Agreed. I think the Huskies have this and it just goes to show they will continue to get high level prospects. That's what 4 NCs and a name coach does for you.

Louisville will survive.

Cheers,
Neil

Yup. Can't agree more with both.

If Uconn gets Gilbert it'll be because their players have had more NBA success than Louisville. Fans value titles. Players just want to get to the league.

If Uconn gets Gilbert it'll be because their players have had more NBA success than Louisville. Fans value titles. Players just want to get to the league.

It's a factor for sure but I would think any sane recruit cares about their titles in recent memory as well. It resonates, imo. Just my $.02.

Is there a high level player out there that doesn't believe they are destined to go to the NBA? I think while it is a factor, it is less of a one then you are making it out to be above. Otherwise, why would Chukwu or Christmas or Coleman come to SU? It's not as though we have a great history of our bigs making it in the NBA.

Cheers,
Neil

Louisville will survive.

Cheers,
Neil

With Gilbert, that's two 5 star players in the fold and Ollie is hot after top 15 Dialla reclassifying to 2016.

With Gilbert, that's two 5 star players in the fold and Ollie is hot after top 15 Dialla reclassifying to 2016.

And we should care, why? I mean other than showing that UConn is still in the national picture in terms of men's basketball, which I have always maintained the Huskies would be, I truly have little interest in what UConn does since we are no longer in the same league.

Does UConn fans care if we wind up with Tyus Battle and Matt Moyer next year to go along with Pascal Chukwu? I know I wouldn't, if I were them.

I only mentioned Gilbert because we did have some interest him as did Louisville, a team we actually compete with in the ACC. I simply think that UConn likely winding up with him shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Cheers,
Neil

Last edited:
Gibson is 4-star and the same position as your other 5-star from last year. The other commit from this year is a 3-star.

Gibson is 4-star and the same position as your other 5-star from last year. The other commit from this year is a 3-star.

Terry Larrier was a 5 star and will be eligible in 2016.

Meet me on the 9th green at 9.

Dude, stop. I've got work for grad class to do. I can quote this movie all day, and will destroy this thread unintentionally because I cannot control it.

Probably quote that movie every other day, at least. I turned 34 yesterday, I am a professional, yet can't put away a movie I saw about twenty years ago. Anyway, back to writing my paper...

Let me just look for the rest of the pieces of this bottle. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, stop. I've got work for grad class to do. I can quote this movie all day, and will destroy this thread unintentionally because I cannot control it.

Probably quote that movie every other day, at least. I turned 34 yesterday, I am a professional, yet can't put away a move I saw about twenty years ago. Anyway, back to writing my paper...

Let me just look for the rest of the pieces of this bottle. :cool:

Grizzly adams had a beard?

Grizzly adams had a beard?
trevino-head-shake.gif

Not surprising, but I don't know why any big time recruit would want to go there and spend your career paying those turds day in and day out.